Primm is an acquired taste. If you're a high-roller who likes the opulence of Vegas and has unlimited funds then this will probably not work for you. If you don't mind rubbing elbows with the "normal folk" and whittling away time while you wait to attend some of the GREAT music shows here then you will enjoy it.
I was reading some of the reviews and it's true that the showers have low shower heads and the rooms are just ok, not oh-my-good nice. They do have flat screens and I usually get a king bed which is comfortable to me.
Like I said, ya take the good wit the bad...
What you DO get here is: prices that are a lot more reasonable (if not comped) than Vegas, less crazy crowds than the milling mobs in Vegas, and a chance to see some GREAT musical entertainment in an arena that really doesn't have a bad seat (Star of the Desert Arena inside Buffalo Bills, which is next store to the Primm Valley Resort) and the sound and lighting have always been great. For example, I saw BB King there his past Saturday night and it was such a treat.
I like going to Primm for the music, first and foremost, but I like gambling there, too. I also like you can easily get between the three properties if you want to try your luck at a different location. I won't stay at Whiskey Petes or Buffalo Bills, if I can help it, as the room are older and not as nice as the Primm Valley Resort, but, for instance, I like playing craps at Buffalo Bills because it's usually a "live" table with lots of characters really getting into it and that's the kind of tables you can win. If I just want to be mellow I like taking it eas6 at the Primm Valley Resort Sports Betting Bar and playing multi-card keno on the machines at the bar. They comp your drinks if you're gambling, you can place sports bets right there, and get $1 hot dogs and shrimp cocktails behind the bar. What more do you need? lol
Bottom-line: check out some of the shows that come through Primm, and you'll see some musical great acts. This is an easy place to see a great show. Less crowded than Vegas. Definitely get a players card because once you start showing up on their radar Primm is generous with comps to get you and keep you playing and visiting there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Primm Valley ResortJust a step away from Las Vegas, we offer Country Club atmosphere and hot gaming action combined with our fabulous spa and award-winning GP’s Steakhouse. Relax at the all-new Primm Valley Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Primm Valley Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primm Valley Resort And Casino
- Primm Valley Hotel Primm
- Primm Valley Resort & Casino Nevada