“Ya Take the Good with the Bad...”

Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Primm is an acquired taste. If you're a high-roller who likes the opulence of Vegas and has unlimited funds then this will probably not work for you. If you don't mind rubbing elbows with the "normal folk" and whittling away time while you wait to attend some of the GREAT music shows here then you will enjoy it.

I was reading some of the reviews and it's true that the showers have low shower heads and the rooms are just ok, not oh-my-good nice. They do have flat screens and I usually get a king bed which is comfortable to me.
Like I said, ya take the good wit the bad...

What you DO get here is: prices that are a lot more reasonable (if not comped) than Vegas, less crazy crowds than the milling mobs in Vegas, and a chance to see some GREAT musical entertainment in an arena that really doesn't have a bad seat (Star of the Desert Arena inside Buffalo Bills, which is next store to the Primm Valley Resort) and the sound and lighting have always been great. For example, I saw BB King there his past Saturday night and it was such a treat.

I like going to Primm for the music, first and foremost, but I like gambling there, too. I also like you can easily get between the three properties if you want to try your luck at a different location. I won't stay at Whiskey Petes or Buffalo Bills, if I can help it, as the room are older and not as nice as the Primm Valley Resort, but, for instance, I like playing craps at Buffalo Bills because it's usually a "live" table with lots of characters really getting into it and that's the kind of tables you can win. If I just want to be mellow I like taking it eas6 at the Primm Valley Resort Sports Betting Bar and playing multi-card keno on the machines at the bar. They comp your drinks if you're gambling, you can place sports bets right there, and get $1 hot dogs and shrimp cocktails behind the bar. What more do you need? lol

Bottom-line: check out some of the shows that come through Primm, and you'll see some musical great acts. This is an easy place to see a great show. Less crowded than Vegas. Definitely get a players card because once you start showing up on their radar Primm is generous with comps to get you and keep you playing and visiting there.

Room Tip: The Spa at Primm inside the Primm Valley Resort is actually very nice with showers, jacuzzi, sauna...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently went to Primm Valley Casino Resort to shop and play a few slot machines. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Wonderful Place to go! I come here often because they send me free rooms and tickets for concerts. The rooms at the Primm Valley are above and beyond any expectation that I may have had. The casino is always clean and smells fresh.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Vegas. the room was very small and the bathroom shower you had to be 5 feet tall as the shower was very low. the rooms were noisy and you could hear the people in the next room having a normal conversation, The service in the casino was poor we played for two hours and wasn't asked once if we wanted a drink, I ended up going to bar and buying one! The shopping at the outlet was good next time we will keep going to Vegas.

Room Tip: Higher floors maybe have higher showers
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

great place to hang out on your way into Vegas..... great plays all in all rooms are nice drinks are strong very nice steakhouse which has great food. great place to go with all the loud noise of the strip.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We alway stop at Primm Valley to get gas when leaving Las Vegas. Once we fill-up, we head over to the casino for Breakfast and last minute gambling. This time we went to the sister casino Buffalo Bills for breakfast at Denny's which the food was good, but the service was slow. Sometimes we stop and spend a day or two here before going on to Las Vegas. Primm Valley, Buffalo Bills, and Whiskey Pete's are all old time casinos, rooms are comfortable great price, but nothing outstanding, buffet's are ok but nothing special. The casinos are kickback, gives you the feeling of the old days of Las Vegas. All three offer a lot of good deals on rooms, food and show if you join the players club. Since we go to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year we usually get free room for a couple of nights, dinner and a little slot money for free. So overall good place to stop for a little while or a night or two. We have always in joyed it.

Room Tip: For the price you pay do not expect a grand room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here twice in a one week period. Shopping in Mall was fun. The casino friendly and the resteraunts were very good. But do not stay, only, if you are to drunk to drive on.

This is advertised as remodeled rooms. Could not find one of them in two stays at the hotel. Tub had worn out and base metal was showing thru the white. Toilet did not work. Wheel chair parking in rear of hotel does not have an enterance door to the hotel. Soap is the size of a half dollar. furniture was worn out and should have been sent to dump. However, the bed was comfortable and clean. Outlets in room were loose and one plug in did not have a cover. Heater was very noise, but did drown out the noisey atmosphere of the hotel.

The worst problem was the lousy attitude of the check in person. She had the TV's behind her in full blast and you could not hear a word she said. I had to ask her 3 times what she was telling me about the room she was checking me into. She was very big and had an attittude that is the worst that I have ever seen on the front desk. I stay in hotels over 200 days a year and I know bad service at the front desk.

Room Tip: If you play craps in the casino, watch the pit crew, as they cannot make proper pays. In an hour I...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mas4467
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love go to Primm Valley it's the best place to stop at and enjoy yourself. You can do it all at Primm you can eat, shop, and gamble there in one stop with out leaving the hotel. And that the best trip you can every have I love stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Primm_Valley, General Manager at Primm Valley Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear sherry b,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,
Kenji Hall

Been to Primm Valley Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!