“Jacuzzi Suite is the way to go”

Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed April 26, 2010

In November 2009, I booked a King size smoking Jacuzzi Suite for April 24 & 25, 2010, for my birthday weekend. Although we arrived early, Linda, the front desk clerk went out of her way to accomodate us. The smoking suite would not be available until after 5pm but the non smoking suite was available and she gave us our keys to that. Unfortunately, we had to use a bellboy to bring up our luggage, because they do not let guests use the luggage carts without a bellboy. At first I thought that this was a great nice little scam to get tips, however, while I waited with the bellboy for my husband to bring the car around with our luggage, I inquired about this system and was informed that a lot of guests do not return the luggage carts, so it did make sense. Upon getting off the elevator onto the non-smoking floor (where our suite was located at), I could not help but notice the rank smell in the hallway, which surprised me because it's a non-smoking floor. Entering the suite, was very nice. I liked the layout of the room. It came with a bar/kitchen area that included a sink, drawers, an open cabinet and mini fridge. The main area had two individual chairs, a desk, TV credenza with drawers, night stands and a small king size bed. Around the corner was a TV room with a love seat and approximately a 46" TV. Entering the bathroom area was very nice. The commode had it's own area, the shower it's own area and double sinks with a vanity stool, plus, two closets equipt with extra blankets and pillows, iron and ironing board. The focul point of the bathroom was the jacuzzi and the room itself was Tuscanny decor. The most incredible thing was that this room had plenty of towels. However, being near the top of the building...one has to wait for the hot water. It took about 10 minutes for the water to get hot, not just for the tub, but for the sinks and shower. If there are a lot of people using the water, there is absolutely no water pressure. We had to wait until there was pressure to even flush the toilet. We were able to crack open a window and use a phone book to keep it cracked open, because there was a slight smell to the room. At night, we did get a bit chilly and when we turned on the heater in the room this horrible smell came thru the vents. I ended up spraying perfume throughout the room to get rid of it and sat by the window we cracked opened to get some fresh air. On Saturday evening we decided to venture downstairs to get dinner and chose to order from the La Salsa Mexican restaurant to take our order to go. They have signs indicating that everything is made from scratch...however, our little 5 minute trip from the restaurant back to our room...the food was VERY COLD!!! and we ordered a hot burrito and taquitos that came with beans and rice. Now, there may be folks that are used to eating cold food, but after one bite, we had to throw it out. It ruined dinner for us, luckily I brought cheese, crackers and a veggie tray with us for our stay. Being that it was my birthday, I went to get a players card...no extras for birthday folks, heck, no extras period! We did manage to gamble a little bit, but the machines are extremely tight, so basically, you are just throwing your money away. Thank goodness the jacuzzi suite was nice, being that we stayed there the majority of the time. We did manage to go over to the outlet mall on Sunday, however, many of the stores have overpriced items. One of the biggest things that I did notice while we were out and about not just at Buffalo Bill's but the other properties as well, it was that the staff didn't smile at all. The only person that did smile was Linda at the front desk and maybe only 2 waitresses, other than that, it seemed like the staff did not want to be there at all. At the main bar, the bartender totally ignored my husband who went to get us a drink. The bartender was not busy at all. I finally walked over to him and ordered our drinks. If you do plan on staying here, I strongly recommend that you stay in the suite...but bring air freshner and some snacks or eat elsewhere. Although we are smokers, we did not dare smoke in the room, even though we were told that we could.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Manxmk

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Noisy, smokey, dirty. The carpet was sticky. Only one person was at check in. He was very, very quick, but still understaffed. Nice to have a McDonalds for an early coffee, while others tried to sleep in. We could hear car alarms and people in the next room very loud snoring. We stopped here because it was very cheap and that's what we got. We did have a nice breakfast in one of their own, with most of us paying under $5.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nelsons4christ
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I would just like to say that as a person who works in the industry, i am very disappointed with the basic level of service and common sense i encountered at this hotel. Although the price is very attractive and convenient for those who are just stopping by, the incapability of the agents to use their brains is beyond frustrating. Being unable to make a "day of" reservation because the reservations department is closed is dumb. Unable to make an exception for CC authorizations due to technological malfunctions when its 3:30 AM and there is an infant waiting in a car for 2 hours lacks compassion. Finally, not having alternate solutions for days were technology is not working is just bad business practice. You are supposed to want return guests and them to stay and spend money at your casino. I suggest they revisit their general business practices, and re-train their overnight shift.

• Stayed: April 2010
3  Thank bilby07
Reviewed March 23, 2010

The hotel itself was fine. Parking was awful, but it was a Saturday night.
The woman at the front desk was EXTREMELY RUDE! First she tells me that I have to wait in line..."you can't just butt in here". I had BEEN waiting in line for about half an hour. (They were way understaffed.)..
Then she asks if I want smoking or non-smoking. When I answered non-smoking, she snapped back at me that they did not have any more non-smoking rooms, because I was checking on so late, and "I don't care if you reserved one or not!" okaaay...why did you even ask, then?
I'm not sure what her problem was, but I'm pretty sure I did not deserve to be treated that way.
We will not return.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank GrammaKelly
Reviewed January 21, 2010

check in with reservation number, they never found and they didn't tell me, double charging me double for same night. Next month I got my bill and notice that, I was trying to call them but they (accounting) would never return my calls, (it was more than 10 messages) after two months finally spoke to them and in order to my REFUOND they needed a copy-proff, of my resevation number. While dealing with them they were very rude and they would not help me out for a MISTAKE THEY DID. I'm still waiting for my refound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For that i requested a non smoking and got a sthinking dirty room. I guess cheap comes out to be so expensive at the end. don' stay there

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank latovegasdrive
Reviewed January 20, 2010

We reserved a suite and when we went to check in "there was an issue with some of the suites having a water leak" come to find out that they overooked. So they took $10 off our room. The first room we had smelled like smoke really bad. Talked to the supervisor she was rude about it and eventually gave us a new room. This one didn't smell but was dirty. There was nose strips under one bed, used soap left in the shower and what looked like poop smeared on the door frame in the bathroom. The tv was horrible.Last but not least they had trouble finding our credit card payment and we had to pay cash. Eventually they found it and gave us our cash back. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mrcoasty
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I've been stopping to gamble at this place for 15 years, this is the first time that I've actually stayed there. The place is a Holiday Inn with a neat casino, nothing more, nothing less. So here's thing, remember you are in the middle of the desert so thus this place isn't trying to compete with the Wynn or Caesar's, it caters to low rollers like me who just want to have a little fun without the constant sensory overload that you get on the strip or the nastiness you get downtown Vegas. Also it is quiet down there in Primm so if you are looking for a little R and R, just step outside the casino.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithsam

Been to Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!