“Old needs updating”

Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in one of the older rooms. The tv was an OLD tv. The A/C did not work well. You had cold or off. We saw TONS of bugs inside and outside. The best thing about our stay was the really cool water slide. I don't think I will stay here again till the rooms are updated

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley S

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Seems like facility maintenance is being avoided, kitchen "was backed" up so 20 minute delay for seating for lunch ( but lots of empty tables). ??? Very few people there so others must feel the same way. Made minimal contribution at the slots, which is our approach and expectation, so that is not the reason for our rating.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the 24th of July and again on 3 August. This place has gone downhill! The first night wasn't too bad...the room was outdated, but for $30 it served it's purpose. The second stay was, in short, horrible. No hot water and the heater smelled like burnt hair. It set off the fire alarm! I didn't bother staying the night and just left. Did I mention that this was the third room they put me in? The first room the lights didn't work; the second room the AC didn't work. Next time I'm in the area, I'll just drive to Jean and try my luck there.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stopped here before going on to Las Vegas and instantly regretted it. Though we had a child with us they put us into a smoking room (possible law suits over health issues could be a problem from others). The room was dreadful with a carpet that needed replacing and a television that was the latest model thirty years ago. They are only interested in taking your money and giving nothing in return.

Room Tip: Book into one of the sister hotels, or better still head to Vegas.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 63harries
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place as my family was playing at Buffalo Bill's across the highway. The very first thing I noticed is the sour smell of the air and that it was the least crowded of all the 3 casinos in the area. The original Bonnie & Clyde Death Car can be found here. Apart from seeing the car, I don't see myself visiting this place again for any other reason nor ever staying for the night at all. I would say Primm Valley is the best option for checking in.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This dilapidated hotel is FILTHY from top to bottom. It is in dire need of a complete renovation - or better yet, a tear down and rebuild. The non-smoking rooms reek from decades of being SMOKING rooms. There is filth wherever the vacuum cannot reach, e.g., baseboards, between the nightstands, corners. Apparently this hotel does not have any vacuum cleaner attachments! The parking garage elevator was the perfect indicator of what was ahead. It was full of debris, dirt, used Kleenex, etc. The condition was the same the next day upon leaving. How hard is it to periodically run a vacuum across a six-by-six elevator floor? The check in line took 25 minutes because one clerk apparently needed THREE other clerks to stand by her chair for "help". We booked through Expedia and got a crappy room because of it. The clerk took 10 minutes to tap on the computer, scan a paper list, and whisper to the supervisor before coming back and asking us if we had booked through Expedia. After we replied "yes", she suddenly "found" a room. It was a filthy room in the original part of the hotel with the aforementioned stench of 20 year old cigarette smoke. The two beds were EXTREMELY HARD. They felt like a cement slab. The bathroom had had some obvious plumbing repair in the ceiling above the shower head. The beauty of these unfinished repairs is that we were left with a delightful hanging piece of plaster to stare at while we showered. The Bonnie and Clyde cars in the casino were interesting and I would have gladly paid a price to see this display but STAY ELSEWHERE. This is not a hotel even worthy of $20. Spend a little bit more to stay in something that is not a pile of filth. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: To choose a good room.......stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gabandcab
Reviewed July 21, 2014

During my trip to Vegas, we decided to drive to Whiskey Pete's to see the Bonnie and Clyde car. Went with my husband, sister and her boyfriend. Whenever we go to Vegas, we also pick out something to do that is off-strip, just to get out of Vegas for a while. It was about 30 minutes away from the strip.

It seems to be an old run-down casino. But, you know what? We had a blast. The Bonnie and Clyde exhibit was cool. In addition to the car, they also have Clyde Barker's shirt on display, as well as some personal items that belonged to them.They had some videos playing playing on a screen that told the history of the duo. Seeing the bullet-ridden car up close was really cool. It's behind glass, but you can still get some pretty good pictures.There is also some cheesy Bonnie and Clyde car memorabilia for sale in the little gift shop that we gladly purchased.

Also on display is the car that belonged to gangster Dutch Schultz. The cool thing about that car doors are filled out with lead to make the car bulletproof. The glass is an inch thick. After Schultz died, Al Capone used the car.

The casino is dark and quiet. Has an obvious western theme. We went on a Thursday and there weren't many people there. All the staff we encountered were friendly. Quick drink service.

There is an IHop and McDonald's onsite, but we didn't eat there.

If your looking for something different to do while in Vegas, I'd recommend this place. It may not be glamourous, but it's worth it for the Bonnie and Clyde car alone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Primm
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
12 mi away
Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!