“Dingy/Awful”

Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was visibly dirty. We must have been in an older/overflow room. View of the back mechanical shed, ripped bedding and dirty floors, broken toilet seat. I would NEVER stay here again!!! Not too mention they were rude to my family.

Room Tip: Stay in Henderson or the hotel's across the freeway. THIS WAS AWFUL!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I usually stay in high priced hotels, my family were on a budget someone suggested WP Prime. i LOVE THIS PLACE!! Smelled good no horrible smells. Very clean. very nice staff Casino was smokey I did not stay in there for long periods of time. I was a jackpot winner on slots...YEAH ME!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Princess D
Primm_Valley, General Manager at Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Princess D,

Thank you for your review and congrats on your win! We hope to see you again soon.

Best, Kenji Hall

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sitting on the border, welcoming travelers on Interstate 15 are the Primm Valley Resorts. This oasis is actually 3 separate hotels and casinos that sit on both sides of the Interstate. The properties are connected by a monorail system that runs on the weekends as well as a shuttle bus that runs constantly. So while you may stay at one property, all three are easily accessible. I have stayed at all three properties in the last 30 days and this review is mainly focused on Whiskey Pete's Hotel and Casino.

Whiskey Pete's is the oldest of the three properties and has recently seen some renovations to the rooms. Typically what you get when you stay here is a decent room for a great price, especially if you stay during the week. Just like any destination, if you stay during a peak time, you will pay higher rates. The rooms are in decent shape with new carpets and other upgrades.

The casino is fun and has all the games you would normally find as well as a decent area for table games. The three properties offer a ton of dining choices and different atmospheres. The property is at its busiest on the weekends and you will find all the restaurants and attractions open. During the week, some of them may not be available, but that is reasonable. There is always good food to be had as well as a great time.

I have stayed at these properties many times over the last 20 years for business and pleasure. It is a great place to relax if you don’t want to deal with the crowds and traffic in Las Vegas or if you are looking for a fun place for the whole family. Seriously, it’s a great place!

I hope this review has been helpful to you. If it has, please feel free to hook me up with a helpful vote. If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank highdesertwanderer

Dear highdesertwanderer,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,
Kenji Hall

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night to break up a road trip from California to Utah. Had 2 kids w/us. The room was adequate-- nothing fancy but towels clean, water hot and linens clean.
I am writing the review bc after leaving, we realized my son lost his stuffed animal. I called back and got re-routed a few times until I spoke with Lorenza in housekeeping. Really want to comment on how nice and helpful this person was. She seemed to genuinely try to locate our item and even called me back an hour later after she tried various places to track it down. For this type of hotel, I wouldn't have expected such nice service from anybody. Pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear kirpow,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We have forwarded a copy of your comments to her department so that she will know that her efforts have not gone unnoticed. We hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Best,
Kenji Hall

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here and weren't disappointed. We stayed in the tower, I think on the 5th floor with a view of the pool. That pool is beautiful, but I didn't see anyone near it. We don't expect much at this place but our room was clean, the beds were fine and we didn't see any left-overs from past guests. Plus it didn't stink in the room. The casino however is another story. It reeks of cigarette smoke. It's disgusting. Awful! We went over to the other casinos and they don't seem to have a problem with the smoke. Buffalo Bill's is actually quite cool, a nice design.
Some people have said something about long hallways in the tower. Not so. Not a long walk at all. If you think this is a long walk go to the Golden Nugget downtown Vegas.
We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were in a rental car, coming back from a visit to the Grand Canyon, and made the mistake of not booking a room for Saturday night of St Patrick's Day weekend. We tried to stay in Laughlin but could not get a room - nothing. So we called the reservations line for the Primm resorts.

We had never laid eyes on Primm. The lady on the phone quoted us a rate $20 cheaper ($84) for Whiskey Petes than their other properties so I asked her what the difference was in the locations. She said there really wasn't any, except that rooms were filling faster at the other property so Whiskey Petes was cheaper.

Ha! Cheaper, and also on the other side of the highway from the other 2 bigger nicer-looking properties with more amenities and access to shopping and food! We were on the wrong side of the highway and for some unknown reason the monorail crossing the highway shuts at 7:45pm - honestly, that is PM, at casino properties!!. Our only dining options, Ihop or McDonalds. WiFi is $10 for 24 hrs. The machines were the stingiest I've played in Nevada, Check-in took forever, only 2 very sweet but very slow ladies working & they also were trying to answer the phones and deal with guests/security issues.

The room must have been nice once upon a time. The shower had 2 seats built into it, I'll bet it was great when it was new. It wasn't filthy, we stayed the night - basically holed up in it, with the monorail closed and the tight slots there was nothing else to do after we dined at Ihop.

I'm not a big gambler at all, I just like to play small amounts on the slots. I'm quite happy to lose in the end as long as I have been happily entertained with up & down slot play and a free drink for an hour or so without getting totally fleeced (CircusCircus is great for this!). At Whiskey Petes those machines gobbled our money so fast with so little return that we just went to our room & stayed there til we left without breakfast in the morning, laughing about this place! It sure made Vegas look good.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4RLL
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Whiskey Pete's casino was small, which means it was manageable ~ unlike the big strip casinos. I found it quaint and liked the overall atmosphere. Since we were just there on a day excursion, I can't say anything about the rooms, but the casino and restrooms were clean when we were there. The gangster memorabilia was right up my hubby's alley, which is what drew us there in the first place. Very cool to read the old newspapers on the wall and see the actual cars on the floor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Primm
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!