“We Stopped as a Pit-Stop to see the Bonnie & Clyde Car”

Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Whiskey Pete's casino was small, which means it was manageable ~ unlike the big strip casinos. I found it quaint and liked the overall atmosphere. Since we were just there on a day excursion, I can't say anything about the rooms, but the casino and restrooms were clean when we were there. The gangster memorabilia was right up my hubby's alley, which is what drew us there in the first place. Very cool to read the old newspapers on the wall and see the actual cars on the floor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Usually I stay on the Strip for 5 times the price, but the St Patrick's Holiday and Spring Break left me with little choice for a last minute reservation. So I took a chance on Primm and I have to admit I wasn't disappointed with Whiskey Pete's. The room was older but it was very, very clean. We had a nonsmoking room that smelled fresh. Good A/C unit. The Bathroom was spotless. Carpets looked new. Simple and clean furniture. Our floor was very quiet. Housekeeping was courteous and helpful. The front desk staff were efficient and friendly. The Casino was lively and good prices on drinks. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wow this is not the place to stay! It was disgusting. On entering the hotel you enter a dingy casino. If we had not already pre- paid we would have walked out. it took forever to get our room and the line up was only 2 couples. The curtains were coming off the rods. Their was some crud of some sort on the wall--looked like something from some ones nose. The toilet bar was removed--holes in the walls, a piece of paper towel on top of the lamp shade,stains on the bath floor and shower door,the carpet trim was falling off and there were water stains on the ceiling. The elevator phone had been removed so if there was an emergency who knows what the outcome. We stayed played at the other 2 casinos late and left the hotel early morning just to avoid sleeping. This place was once I am sure nice. It needs an overhaul or torn down The only good thing about this area in Primm Valley are the enclosed outlet mall at the end of the Primm casino. I don't know what the other 2 hotels are like. They are under the same casino rewards card . However there is a good IHOP restaurant at Whiskey Pete's.

Room Tip: Stay away !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susanna Gary B
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ok, I get it- cheap rooms, you save 20-30 minutes by not driving all the way to Vegas but seriously? The smell of smoke when you first walk into the hotel will choke you. The outrageously long line (2 people behind the desk on a FRIDAY evening?!?) to check in was a sign of things to come. Your best meal option? iHop. Not kidding. You can eat across the highway at Primm's. Better have a car though as the tram stops running at 7:45 pm. This was not much better than a Motel 6. I could even hear the guy across the hall-way urinating. I suppose I should be happy he was doing that in his hotel room though. As I was leaving at 6 am there was a very intoxicated obese woman being helped onto the elevator by two people. Really?? Whose mother are you? Never again- even if it was free. Stay at Primms (and I say this without having stayed there yet but anything, even my car, would be better than this!)

Room Tip: Stay in your car.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MalbuMom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed there for one night on my way to Vegas. Cheap room but very dirty. The bathroom floor was dirty and it looked like the carpet in the hallways and in my room, 2018 isn't vacuumed on a regular basis. There was no cold water in the bathroom sink, it took a long time for the toilet to fillup and was noisy in the process. The only good thing about my stay was that the water pressure in the shower was awesome. By the way, the shower spigot is about 5 feet up the wall, too short for a taller person. I will never stay there again and am hoping I got away without bedbugs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holly Y
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am probably one of the most easiest going travelers I know when I just need a place to sleep for the night. This is why I took the bargain of Whiskey Pete's for one night with a couple of friends. NO one slept well at all. The mattresses were very uncomfortable. Upon checking out we learned that we had been put in the wrong room on the wrong floor and that the "maintenance man" who knocked on our door the night before? There should have been no such person the front desk said. All in all we felt the evening had a creepy feel to it and would invest money in a better hotel during our next road trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here one night before continuing on to Vegas the next morning. It's an old hotel so it isn't too fancy (as expected). There is plenty to do close by. Buffalo Bill's is across the way as well as an Outlet. So in the end, this is just a fairly cheap place to stay which is all I asked for.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Primm
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
12 mi away
Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!