“Stay across the street!”

Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Primm
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The walls are paper thin. I heard someone next door with that gutteral smokers cough and i finally said 'Give me a break!' and he turned his TV on loud but it sounded better than the cough. Later heard music from partiers in suite 3 doors down. The clerk- who was only on her second day on the job- sent me in the complete opposite direction of my room and forgot to give me a printout of my stay so I could receive my players card benefits. No 'privacy' door hanger which seems to be pretty standard lately at hotels, had to ask housekeeping for one. The battery was removed from the smoke detector. Great looking pool-closed. Toilet didn't flush properly, grout missing on bathroom floor, shower lever hard to pull and water didn't drain well from tub. Lovely view of a wall of rocks out the window. Elevator slow and scary. But only hotel that will take pets.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you want a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MRBlu57

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I almost gave Whiskey Pete's a one star, but let me tell you why I upped it to two. Besides the fact that this is the worst of the three hotels at Stateline for rooms, they do have some perks.

First, have you seen the pool? Not that it's EVER been open whenever I have stayed here which I try really hard not to do, but it's really nice, it's landscaped, and it has a slide. Kudos for the pool.

Second, on the weekend, specifically Friday and Saturday nights, they have an AWESOME band that plays their bar. Seriously, these guys have been playing there for years and they are a really fun cover band that does country and rock mostly, but some dance stuff even. They have drink specials during the band and it's a lot of fun.

Last, WP was the only of the three hotels where I could find a poker table while we were there this weekend! What's up with that? But, good to know!

So, I guess the lesson here is, DON'T SLEEP HERE, just play here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here... just play here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ladyjadegd
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On our 3,000 mile tour this was probably the worst place we stayed in, fortunately only stopped one night. reception was understaffed ( although friendly) resulting in long queues, the rooms were very tired and well used.Tried to use the very inviting pool in the 98 degree heat only to find it closed, security guard said " no lifeguard, they go home early on weekdays ( 2-30 pm ?? ) Seems a popular stop over for truckers but not somewhere I'd want to linger too long.

Room Tip: Not sure they had any good rooms !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bodie49
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband, three year old daughter, and I decided to make Whiskey Pete's our pit stop when driving from California to Utah. We liked the price and thought our daughter would like the whole castle look. We stay in hotel casinos quite often and are not the "expect five star treatment" type of people. So we were looking for a clean room with a tv to spend the evening before heading back on the road. This is what we got. While walking down the hall the front desk I saw three giant dead cockroaches. Okay so maybe they got an infestation, it's gross, but it happens, looks like they are taking care of it. That's the thought in my head. Then we wait in line for 25 minutes (we were the third in line). The lady helping us can barely speak English and took forever helping us. Fine, it's probably her first week. She tells us our room is across the other side of the casino after we ask her three times where to go. So we lug our stuff to the other side only to find no rooms on that side. We walked around lost trying to find where to go. We finally find an employee to ask, who also didn't speak English, and who again pointed us in the wrong direction. We finally find someone who speaks English and she leads us to the elevators, we couldn't find it because 1- we had been told the wrong way to go and 2- the sign was posted wrong. The employee even said, "I really wish they'd change that." We find our room and our key doesn't work. We aske the maid to let us in so that my husband could just go down and get a new
Key after dropping our stuff off. There is already someone in the room! My daughter and I wait in the hall
While my husband goes back to the line. After about 20 minutes he comes back up with a new room. We went to the new room and the nonsmoking room we were given had an ashtray and smoke smell so strong. Plus, there were was only one light (lamp) in the room. I was done at this point. My husband called down to the front desk and was on hold for 15 minutes only for someone to tell him we had to back down and wait in line again. We asked for our money back deciding we would just continue our drive, and they said because we booked through orbitz they can't refund our money. What??? Orbitz will be called as soon as I am done writing this. Then she argued that the room we had was nonsmoking. Whatever! Anyway, they gave us yet another room. We went to give our daughter a bath and there is nothing to plug the drain. Pretty much, tonight is not going to be the relaxing night we were going for.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Bagock
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The problem with Whiskey Pete's isn't the fact they took out the all you can eat buffet years ago it is the fact they didnt bother to remove everything else.
The bed is like sleeping in a jail ceil. It would have been more comfortable to sleep in the sand outside. The elevators never work right when I have been there. How about the pool out of service in July???
The price was right free.
They even paid me $25 to bother to spend the night. So i helped them out.
They also have hot dogs for a dollar - they may or may not make you sick.

Room Tip: Stay across the street or in your car- you will be glad you did.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank alex n
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I have been through Primm many times on our way to Vegas, the buffet there is great as is the shopping. This trip we decided to stay at Whiskey Petes, as we were coming in late, figuring it couldn't be that bad, boy were we wrong. Check-in was alright then we headed to the room. At first look it seemed to be alright, there were a few things that were noticed, like the handle to the drawer was inside the drawer, the light fixture was dangling off the wall but it was late so we went to sleep, checking first to make sure there weren't bugs in the sheets. The next morning we got up to go and I realized how dirty the room actually was. We went to get in the shower, the floor underneath the shower was very rotted out, so you felt as if you were standing on a surf board while showering, and the smell it emitted was terrible. We took as quick as a shower as possible for fear the shower was going to fall through to the next floor. Lesson learned, the place was a dive. I most definitely won't stay there again, next time we go I'll drive the extra 45 minutes to Vegas.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank loveslivemusic
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I took my wife, 3 kids and mother to this casino & hotel for one night. I chose it because of the low price so I wasn't expecting much. This hotel managed to lower even these very low expectations. We arrived very late and were told the hotel's systems were down so it would be 20 minutes before they could check us in. I informed them that I had a very tired carload so a 20 minute wait would be unacceptable. She then told me she could assign me room numbers and have a member of maintenance meet us at the room doors to let us in. He never arrived. After waiting for several minutes, I went back to the front desk and they then informed me that they didn't send anyone to let us in because the rooms weren't clean. Then she proceeded to complain about the housekeeping staff to me. In the end, she ended up moving us to Buffalo Bill's across the street. Overall, it ended up taking us over an hour to sort everything out. Terrible experience at Whiskey Pete's so I guess I will just book Buffalo Bill's to start with next time.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Primm
Primm Valley Resort & Casino
Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall
Buffalo Bill's Resort & Casino

Been to Whiskey Pete's Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!