“Good stop on way home from Death Valley”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Pahrump
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stopped here on way back from DV day trip. Found it YELP and TA.
It is out of the way, but Google Maps should get you there.

Very fresh food/ingredients. Was glad to see 2-3 groups of locals there and others getting take-out while we were there.

Small but nice atmosphere---see pics. Good service and funny dry humor from waiter who said his sister was the owner.

Watch out for the booths---look nice but were strange to sit in (too low). We opted for a table instead in the back (the teapot picture).

We'd go back if in the area again.

2  Thank vgroten
There are newer reviews for My Thai

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

on our way to death valley we overnighted in pahrump nevada. Checked trip advisor and found My Thai which is a favorite we dont often have on LI's North Fork. The food was terrific. Recommend the drunken noodle. Max offered excellent congenial service and understood our degree of hot as the food had a perfect degree of kick! Highly recommended.

1  Thank bdweave02
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are on NV160 passing through Pahrump , as we were on a long family RV trip, there is a place you can for some pretty awesome Thai food. We stumbled across "My Thai" two years ago and returned there with excitement when our travels took across Nevada towards Death Valley.

Looking pretty spare from the outside and at the end of a small strip mall/gas station, My Thai is operated by a Thai family who felt they had better chances in Pahrump than Las Vegas. You'll probably be waited on by Max, a soft spoken young man with a witty sense of humor. If the service is slow, it is not for his lack of hustle and is, in our opinion, offset by the food.

The menu is extensive, especially when you consider where you are. With each dish, you can specify the degree of heat. Having been in Bangkok a few months ago and falling in love with Pad Thai from a street market, I ordered the Pad Thai Chicken, medium heat. The presentation was excellent and authentic, as were the flavors. The glass noodes were good, but thinner than I prefer.

The best dish on the table was the Pad See Ew with its thick, meaty noodles and savory sauce. Order it and let everyone else know you won't be sharing.

1  Thank doctorbobster
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I and another couple had dinner there. The food was very good, but it seemed that the place had only 2 employees on staff while we were there, the cook and the server.
The food came out very slow, even though there were only a few other people in the restaurant. If you went in with more than 2 or 3 people, like a group 0f 8 or 10, I don't know how well you would be served.

1  Thank Bogie4Pahrump
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Find it off the beten path in Parumph . Great selection, excellent preparation. Here for a long weekend and will return before I leave. One of the best choices in Pahrump. Plain Jane dining room but you are there for the food.

1  Thank Fozmonster

Been to My Thai? Share your experiences!