“Highly recommended”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband & I are not gun toters or preppers, but we believe that if we intend to own a gun for protection, we need to do more than sign a credit card receipt. This training was professional and comprehensive. Thanks to the hand-on coaching, we learned how to shoot safely, correctly, and responsibly. We met a man in his 70s (taking 2 day class with his 40ish daughter) who had been shooting all his life. He said that he wished that he had had this caliber of training before he had taught all his children to shoot. There were many couples and parent/child folks in attendance. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Soozesun

Rapid River, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Finest Firearm TRaining in the Country!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went to Las Vegas, not for shows, dining or watching all the weird people. Stayed there only to attend a 2 Day defensive and 4 Day Defensive Handgun courses in Pahrump Nevada. Both my wife and I are/were first-timers but definitely not last. The training was safety oriented and involved much common sense and was very practical. The instructors are all top notch and very helpful. Came away learning a lot and realizing we have much to learn as well. I am not a doomsdayer and conspiracy kind of guy. I have a fire extinguisher in my house, not because I think it's going to burn down, but in case I need to protect my house. I have a gun for the same reason, not because I am sure I will have to use it but rather in case I need one, I have it.....

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lisa B
Olympia, Washington
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Outstanding firearms training!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is our fifth trip to Front Sight, and we continue to be impressed. While the facility is still somewhat limited for amenities, it has improved significantly over the past couple of years. It now has central flush toilets for the ranges, an onsite food vendor, an onsite ammunition vendor (REALLY needed at a gun range!), and they have partnered with a couple of firearms related vendors to enhance the onsite options. Better, the groundbreaking for the hotel is scheduled for this spring.

All of that said, the focus is still on the Front Sight, and the training is outstanding. We have trained at a number of different venues over the years, and Front Sight remains our favorite. The programs are well designed, with safety primary, effective training and fun following closely. It is obvious that the instructors are not only well trained in firearms, but also in delivering the material, helping both the novice and the experienced shooter notably to improve their skills.

We attended the Two Day Defensive Handgun and the Two Day Practical Rifle. While we are both skilled (and instructors) the refresher on techniques and basics was again very valuable. We would both like to attend the four day courses, and are only prevented by available time coupled with the disadvantages of age (we are both well past 60, and time does take its toll.) The courses while fun, are intense and make for a long day. There is no pressure to go beyond what you can physically do however, and the instructors watch closely to try to make sure everyone is learning at a practical and fun level.

We do recommend that if you are sensitive to heat, attend early in the year. We picked April as May last year was in the high 90's and quite uncomfortable for us (we live in a cooler climate). The high this year was 92. Hot enough that you need to drink lots, but not so hot that it was uncomfortable. Dress for cool mornings and hot afternoons.

In the interest of full disclosure, we have found Front Sight to be so valuable that we are life Ambassador members.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Al K
Des Moines, Iowa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“An absolute necessity”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We have been to Front Sight several times and each time we learn something new. It is hard to explain just how wonderful the training is. The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable and are supportive in teaching getting everyone involved well so each person can get the most they can out of the classes.

They focus first and foremost on safety. Then they focus on the importance and responsibility of carrying a firearm. The decisions one must make if put in a dangerous situation.

Front Sight is not what you would expect. Simply normal people out to learn how to handle firearms safely and utilizing them with accuracy and precision. There is no political agenda nor are ideas forced or suggested other than safety and responsibility.

It is truly well organized. It is fantastic! Dr. Piazza, the founder has done a tremendous job bringing attention to the facility making it affordable for all.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank 112DesMoinesTraveler
littleton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best handgun training for civilians”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Recently completed the four-day defensive handgun course--outstanding in terms of education, training, and safety. I went in considering myself reasonably knowledgeable and experienced, only to learn how much more room to grow there was. Front Sight trains about 30,000+ people a year, and they have it down to a clear, methodical, step-by-step approach that can take one from complete novice to safe, competent shooter in four days. Plus it was fun!!! The instructors were patient and helpful, never abrasive or belittling. The days are fairly long (8am to 6pm, including lectures), and dry practice before and after the formal training is pretty important, too, so don't plan on much evening revelry. Can't recommend this course enough, and plan to return next spring.

Visited November 2013