“A decent place for a stop over”

Best Western Pahrump Oasis
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pahrump
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We used this hotel for a one night stop-over en route from the Grand Canyon to Death Valley in August 2010.
It was ok. The accommodation is in a separate 2 storey block across the car park from the reception area.
The block has a card-key lock on the outside and felt quite safe when we were there
The room was quite big and had it's own air conditioning unit. It was clean and everything worked ok.
There is a smallish swimming pool that the children used to cool off in, but it is too small for a proper swim. There is a free internet enabled computer in the reception area.
The hotel has a sports bar attached and food (dinner and breakfast) is served in there. The complimentary breakfast was fine and everything you would expect it to be.
Overall, not a bad place to stay for a one night stop over.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
LaraineH, Manager at Best Western Pahrump Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Thank you for choosing Best Western Pahrump Station. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope, should you find yourself traveling in these parts again, that you allow us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pahrump Oasis

Reviewed July 3, 2010

A hotel employee broke into our room here in January 2010 and stole two suitcases and their contents and the hotel was cagey about what happened, who did it, how it happened and what it would do to prevent it happening again. Very, very bad experience. Nothing was recovered, nothing was reimbursed.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HatePahrump
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We were on our family vacation in Las Vegas. We have family in Pahrump and the best western rated the highest. Nice for a family with small children, no casino. Close to our relatives home, so it was convenient. It was clean, service was good, the only down side was no elevator in one of the buildings and we were on the second floor. I do not mind taking stairs when I am not trying to get 4 suitcases up the steps. I would recommend this hotel. We stayed 2 nights and rested good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Raylandridge
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed here one night while driving from LA to LV.We arrived in Pahrump following a long days drive and we were very impressed,
Bob checked us in ,He was very nice, friendly and helpful, The breakfast was served in the Bar/Restaurant attached, The breakfast was fine, coffee,tea, toast, fruit,ceraeal and hot egg and sausage.
The rooms are in a building around the back.The corridor was clean and bright, We got adjoining rooms with an internal door which was great as we had kids,
The rooms were big, clean, had a mini fridge, microwave, teamaker, Bed was hugh and comfortable
Bathroom was typical taupe coloured hotel bathroom with plenty towels and toiletries.
I could find no fault with this hotel fro the price we paid ($60-00 p/room)
The town was lovely, Saloons, Casinos, A Walmart superstore, pleanty of restaurants.

Next morning we drove straight to Vegas in about 40 mins.
If you planning to stay in the dessert as part of a road trip I highly recommend this hotel.
I last stayed in a Best Western in Paris, France..That was horrible and had vowed never again...but Pahrump has definately changed my mind towards this chain.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank almajosgan100
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We just returned from visiting Death Valley National Park and chose the BW Pahrump Station to spend one night. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. We did experience two problems that I believe I may have read about in a previous review as well. Our key worked the first time to access a side-door lock and see our room after check-in. After supper we tried to enter the side door on the other end of the building (closer to our room) and the key would not work. I stayed behind with our backpacks, luggage, bags of groceries, etc. while my husband went to the front desk. While I was waiting outside in the dark (needing to use the restroom very badly I might add) -- 2 men came and had problems with their key as well. After several minutes, they were finally able to get in. They propped open the door so I could wait for my husband "inside the building" at the door with our bags, etc. While I was waiting inside, someone else tried to use their key and was unable to get in. I let that guest in. In the meantime, my husband came back stating that he had to have the key re-set. As we were gathering up the bags, the other guest I had let in was headed back to the desk as he couldn't get his key to even open his room door. When we got everything to the room and I used the restroom, the stool had trouble flushing. My husband didn't want to call the front desk, as the stool eventually "gurgled" down; but later he tried to use the stool and it wouldn't flush then either, at which point we called the front desk. They stated they would send someone up. We were absolutely exhausted, so after awhile, I asked my husband to call down and let them know we would just wait until morning for someone to come up - but by then someone was then on their way. After a few minutes the problem was solved (bottom line is they did take care of it., so we appreciated that.) I know there are no hotels where some problems do not occasionally exist. That said - they should definitely take a look at the problem with their key system though. On a side note, there was a restaurant/lounge on-site, but we didn't stay to eat because the smoke smell was too much to handle (as I am allergic to it.); and we did not eat our free breakfast there the next morning --so can not comment on that. Staff was nice and check-in was easy. We managed in spite of the problems.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TXLuv2Travel
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed here to tour Death Valley. Both hubby and I found to have all the amentites excellent. Large, clean room, fridge and micro. Check-in was excellent. Food at Wulfy's next door was verry, very good. One of the best continental brekkies we can remember having, sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns (YES) hasbrowns, and waffles, plus all other cold things for a breakfast Very freindly staff, got a good recommendation on a garlic and bacon pizza which was to die for next door at Wulfy's again. Would most definetaley stay here again Price was right too $63 for AAA member, and this was thru a weekend! Used internet in lobby, and it proved to work very fast.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2010

This hotel was very nice. The continental breakfast was very nice, and was actually located in the bowling alley located next door. The room was very clean, the wireless internet worked well, and the hotel is one of those nearer to Death Valley National Park. I'm assuming this hotel is also likely to be quieter than some of the other hotel/casinos in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pahrump
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pahrump
#1 of 1 in Pahrump
Preferred RV Resort
Preferred RV Resort
#4 of 5 in Pahrump

Been to Best Western Pahrump Oasis? Share your experiences!