“good enough for my time”

Pahrump Valley Museum
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Pahrump
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“good enough for my time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I visited a small town for a class my husband took; while he was in the class we visited the city museum. It entertained me and my children for a couple of hours with historical artifacts, abe lincoln artifacts, nuclear testing info and pictures and old time school, home, etc. from the pioneer times.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Mykro

Pahrump, Nevada
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Very small”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I was disappointed with the size and content of the museum. I know the town is small but the museum did not have very much of the town's history either.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank 1athomeinthewest
Reno, NV
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Interesting Regional History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

A clean well organized museum which provides good insight into the history of the Pahrump Valley, the Yucca Mountain project and the Nevada Nuclear Test Site. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. A great value since admission is free.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank H&H-Hacienda
california
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Unexpected delightful museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I did a bit of research on Pahrump before going to visit and found they had a museum. Our husbands were busy, so a friend (retired teacher) and I headed for the museum. We were both surprised at its size as I had expected one small room. It took us over an hour to go through. They had collections, history, information on Yucca Mountain, and a special room on Pres. Lincoln. Also a cabin showing early life was outside (don't miss it). We were very impressed with the facility and the lady working there was very helpful and knowledgeable. If ever in Pahrump you should visit. No fee, but surely worth a donation.

Visited September 2011