“Clunky Sports Place, but the food was good.”
Review of Sugar's Home Plate

Sugar's Home Plate
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Overton
Reviewed June 9, 2019

The walls are plastered with baseball and hockey jerseys, and the ceiling lights are surrounded by pennants and the building and fixtures are showing some wear and tear.

The menu, however is pretty extensive. Curiously the Spinach salad, though large, came with "any type of dressing you wanted" - with the exception of the classic Hot Bacon dressing. My wife wolfed down the huge salad, nonetheless.

I got the Philly Cheese steak, and I noticed three things:

1. The bread was nicely toasted - that's a nice touch,
2. There was a LOT of steak (thinly sliced) in this sandwich. I've had Philly Cheese steaks before where they went heavy on the peppers and onions... not so here.
3. It was quite tasty!

Overall I ate the whole (large) thing, and was quite happy with the preparation and taste.

Sugar's is one of the few restaurants in Overton, fortunately I'd say it's a good choice for food.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (192)

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Stopped by for lunch. I ordered the special which was cajun catfish. Only regarded it as average, too much breading and catfish didn't have a lot of flavor. Service was very good. When checking out I left behind my credit card. Found out later, owner confirmed they had it; so I drove back on Sunday morning (60 mile trip). While there ordered a breakfast - one of the specials was eggs benedict. Breakfast was very good. Sunday was Mother's Day, place was busy. Restaurant seems to have a local following, as well as some tourists passing through. I retrieved my credit card, owner mentioned she was willing to return it by mail, but since I would have had to wait decided just to drive back to retrieve it. All customers were greeted as they entered.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019

Stopped for breakfast and not disappointed. 2 of our group had ham and eggs, ham was as large as the plate.Service was excellent, so glad we stopped.Great value. So glad the local gas station recommended as the signage for it is not very good, passed by even looking for it.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

It’s a pretty decent place to get food. The fries are not good at all but the burgers are very good. They are very nice in there and besides the fries everything seems pretty fresh. It is a very small building. I’ve had way worse. I recommend

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Glad I listened to the reviews. We were hesitant When we saw the building and interior but we wete starving so sat down. Food was well prepared and tasty comfort food. Staff was very pleasant. Overall deserving of 5 stars for food.

Date of visit: March 2019