All reviews place to stay yogurt owners were friendly breakfast was included hard boiled eggs no elevator nice breakfast clean hotel free wifi spacious rooms quiet at night hot tub family vacation stayed one night two queen beds first floor nice room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019

We were in the area to visit Valley of Fire state park (definitely a highlight of our SW trip) and opted to stay here because of all of the positive reviews. The only positive things I can say about it was that it was clean and the employee at the desk was nice. That is where it ends. We had a king-sized bed, which according to another review are only on the second floor. There are no elevators- so book your bed size accordingly. The bed was so hard that it felt like I was sleeping on the floor. The AC unit was not only loud, but it would make new and exciting noises every minute or so (so no white noise effect). I wound up trying to sleep scrunched up on the love seat with a pillow over my head to drown out the noise. My husband's biggest complaint was the scratchy sheets. I opted to stay here instead of camping at valley of fire because of how hot it is there, but in hindsight I would have rather suffered at the campground. Also- food options in this town are slim.

Room tip: Book a room at a hotel further away until this place gets upgraded
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristina t
Reviewed June 9, 2019

First, despite the very few number of guests, the breakfast was more than adequate. It was quite good, in fact in variety and freshness.

However checkin was a bit rough. We immediately noticed a loud "screaming" sound in and around our room, which was on the second floor. There are no elevators, and because we were on a cross country trip, and it was hot as H E L L we hauled all of our items into hotel quickly, but balked when we realized that the screaming sound was going to be a problem. We later tracked down the operator (whose English was pretty poor), and he told us that it is a plumbing problem and "the sound will stop when they stop running the water". That wasn't very reassuring, but they did offer to relocate us to the first floor - turns out King Beds are only on the upper floor....

The rooms were spacious, clean and orderly and everything seemed in good repair EXCEPT that the air conditioner was quite "freight train like" when the compressor came on. Despite that, we slept through the experience despite a somewhat lumpy mattress.

Finding available outlets for electronics recharging was a bit more trouble than in modern rooms, but it wasn't impossible.

Room tip: Avoid the middle of the hotel where the screaming pipes are. The epicenter of the screaming is about rooms 150 and 250.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Off the beaten path and near Lake Mead. Always friendly and clean. Breakfast bar is excellent. Older hotel, no not fancy or upgraded, but clean. Note: that not may places to eat in town. McDonald's only thing open after 8 p.m.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2019

Booked this hotel because there were many reviews on how friendly the staff was and how close it was to the Valley of Fire State Park. Loved its location. However, I did not like the service. Nowhere does it say online about a cut off time for check in. On my way to the hotel, there was a lot of traffic due to accidents on the freeway and it was a holiday so I called the front desk letting them know that we will be arriving late and the front desk rep kept saying "oh my gosh that's so late. We close check in at 10pm today" and I just think that they could have handled the situation better instead of complaining and getting annoyed at me that I was getting there late. I have no control over accidents and traffic on the freeway. Please refer to the photo attached to see that check in is available 24 hours....

When I arrived at the hotel, someone checked me in and they kept watching me and my friend until we got all of our things out of the car and when my friend was trying to get something to drink from the vending machine, they just looked at us until we went back to our rooms. Idk but it just made me uncomfortable. I don't know if that was just an off day because people review their service very well.

In terms of the room, it was just an ordinary room with not so comfy beds - you get the quality you are paying for. It definitely is a wonderful location if you want to be near the Valley of Fire State Park. I didn't try their breakfast so I can't speak on that

Room tip: For accessibility, ask for a room on the first floor because there was no elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2019

I found this hotel to be older but, everything was clean. A little short on plugin's for electronics. Not really a designated pet area but, found a place to use. Love places being dog friendly even for a fee. The hotel is out by itself so no where to eat or make a quick walk to for snacks. My only complaint was the perfume smell that they used in the room.

• Trip type: Traveled solo