“Great for the price if you're in the area”

Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Great for the price if you're in the area”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after a late flight into Las Vegas. It's really nice for a hotel on the side of a highway. The bed was much more comfortable than I was expecting for a Best Western. It could've used more pillows though. There were 4 pretty small squarish ones for a king sized bed. The hallway to rooms was pretty smokey for a non smoking floor, but I didn't notice it in the room. Breakfast was better than most - they even had strawberries and whipped cream for the waffles. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked much nicer than the usual kind: it was 1/2 indoors and 1/2 outdoors, with a lift for mobility impaired in both the pool and the hot tub. It's on a busy road in a warehouse area and kind of far from the strip, but this is a great find if you're just passing through. It's a contender for the #1 $80 per night hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear MrsClean76,

Thank you so much for your comments. It is good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and also found time to enjoy our hot breakfast.

Please accept my apologies about not providing enough pillows for your room, please let us know next time and we will have extra pillows delivered to the room for you. All our smoking rooms are located on the 3rd floor and on occasion the hallway will smell of smoke. We don't have any issues of nonsmoking rooms smelling of smoke but do advise anyone sensitive to the smell to request rooms on the 1st or 2nd floor. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and do hope you will stay with again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Fontana, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After staying in over 15 different Best Western Hotels last year alone, I can say without a doubt, that this is on my list as top three all time. My room was a king mini suite with all of the aminities of a regular, or larger suite. Sofa, chair, coffee table, able to swivel TV to meet your needs, TV was a 42", nice firm bed, microwave, small refrigerator, all of the things you need to make you feel at home. Clean and neat all throughout the hotel, just as you would expect. Breakfast was good, with many choices,and served starting at 6:30am. One note however, you must follow directions to the letter, coming from the South on #15 you MUST turn left then another left or you will miss the turn for Donovan Way as I did at first. You can not believe the feeling of looking across the railroad tracks at the hotel and knowing that you can not get there from where I was at!! But if you follow directions, I am sure you will have no trouble at all. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank James H
Dear James,

Thank you for sharing the kind comments about the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please feel free to contact me at kenny@finehospitality.com for any future help with reservations.
Atkins, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent three nights here and our total experience was positive. The breakfast was hot and varied with plenty of food choices. They also provide cookies and muffins in the evening as well as lemonade. The rooms are well laid out and roomy and the bathroom and shower always had plenty of hot water. Beds were comfortable with a good TV and free WiFi available. The pool and jacuzzi were very nice and covered, with the pool being slightly heated. Ray at the front desk was great. He went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable, finding us a remote for our TV and even making cookies for us when we got in late one night. The place is a little difficult to find and we would recommend using the directions on the hotel's website rather than GPS.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Jerry_Rita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites and also for your kind comments regarding the team. We post all Trip Advisor comments for the staff to see and review and take time to discuss them during our employee huddles. It’s especially great when they are mentioned by name! We are also delighted to hear you were able to enjoy the pool and spa during your stay with us.

I would also like to say thank you for giving advice on how to obtain directions to the hotel. The best way to get to us when travelling Northbound is to take exit 48 Craig Rd and exit to the left on to Craig Road. You would then take a left at the next light to access the Donovan Way connector road. Going Southbound on I-15, take exit 48 Craig Rd. Then go straight through the intersection off the exit ramp onto Donovan Way connector road.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments and we wish you and your family all the best.
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here as we were driving between Southern Cal and Utah. It was a clean place to stay with ample space. Our room had a sofa on it and that gave a bit more room to spread out. Breakfast was included and is your standard BW fare, but tasted fine. Off the beaten path, but only 3 min off the freeway. In the middle of an industrial area. Lots of amenities nearby, just not walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! We strive to provide excellent service and are happy to read that we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Saturday, February 16th, and Saturday, February 23rd 2013

I was driving from Salt Lake City, Utah to San Dimas, California. It's a long drive, and so I decided to spend the night, coming and going, in Las Vegas. On previous trips, I have stayed on the Las Vegas Strip, but this time, I was simply passing through, and was looking for a hotel that was reasonably priced, away from the hustle and bustle of the Strip, but a place that offered some decent amenities. The Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, I felt, was a pretty good choice.

I found the place, while using Mapquest to plan my road trip. I clicked on the link which took me right to their website, and I was able to book my reservation on-line. It was very quick, and easy to do. I booked a room that had a king-sized bed and a jetted tub.

Driving south-bound on the I-15 freeway, I got off on Craig road. I came to a stop at a traffic light, and drove straight, through the light, which previous posts had suggested. The road wraps around a little bit, but the hotel was actually pretty easy to find, at least when coming from that direction. (more on this in a minute)

The property looks pretty good, and well-maintained. The lobby is quite impressive with its tall ceiling, and balconies that look down into the lobby from the second floor. Pretty nice.

Check-in was easy. I was greeted by none other than the famous Patty, and she is indeed a wonderful asset to this hotel. Patty greeted me with a warm smile, gave me a quick briefing of the hotel's amenities, and had me all checked in in less than 10 minutes. It was quick and easy.

The room was pretty nice. Granted, it's not a palace that you'd see at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun by any means, but it was quite nice, none-the-less. In fact, I thought it was nicer than a room I had stayed in on the strip during a previous visit. It had better amenities, AND.... a better price.

The room had two chairs, and a nice table that could be used as a desk. There was an additional chair, and a sofa, as well as a small bench. The closet contained a full-sized ironing board and iron, and a folding luggage rack. Plenty of hangers. What I did not find, however, was an in-room safe. If the room had one, it's hidden very well, because I never found one.

The room had a coffee maker (the strip hotel didn't have this!) and a nice wet bar as well as a small fridge. In addition, this room also had a large, jetted tub large enough for two people. The jets worked, but were so-so. I would have preferred them to be more powerful, and no adjustment to the controls seemed to make any difference. Still, not bad, and the soak in the jetted tub was nice after that long drive.

The bed was quite comfortable. No, the mattress isn't top notch, the edges felt a bit flimsy, but those pillows... now those were to die for! They were sooo comfortable. The room was very clean. I didn't see anything that was dirty or out of place. Great job on the housekeeping staff!

The bathroom was what you'd find in a typical hotel; Nothing fancy, but it offers a lot of counter space, has a blowdryer, plenty of towels, and there's a large walk-in shower with a nice, adjustable shower head. Great water pressure, and the water remained a constant temperature. Plenty of hot water. Pretty nice, I'd say.

The pool at this hotel is quite small, but it's decent. The pool IS in fact heated, and I never thought I'd ever say a pool could be TOO warm (usually pools are too cold!) but this one was warmer than what I would have preferred. In fact, the jacuzzi next to the pool was actually cooler than the temperature of the pool. Hmmm. But I had an enjoyable, relaxing swim, none-the-less, and had the pool to myself. They have towels next to the pool, which was nice. The pool area is covered, even though it's outdoors, so it may be used year round.

There was a laundry room next to the elevators for guests to use, which is coin-operated.

Next to the lobby is a large snack area with plenty of tables and chairs where you may enjoy a free continental breakfast. No, this isn't a buffet by any means, but it's actually better than the typical continental breakfast found at other hotels. They mix things up a little, so that you're not always eating the exact same thing each morning. They had simple, pre-made omeletts, cereal, bacon one day, sausage another day, bagels, danishes, and muffins. Also an assortment of juice. It's decent.

I mentioned the hotel was easy to find coming southbound on the freeway, and it was. But.... after check-in, I wanted to go and get me some dinner. Except for breakfast, there wasn't any on-site dining, and you must drive a few blocks over to Craig Road in order to find some eating establishments. It was dark, and I got a little twisted around trying to find my way back to the hotel. "Where in the world IS that Donovan street turn-off??!!" Well, it's right next to the freeway on-ramps, so if you find yourself driving over the hill and past the freeway, you've probably gone too far and need to turn around, head back towards the freeway and look for the signs that say "Donovan Street", and then you'll be back on-track.

I think for the price, and what this hotel has to offer, it's worth being a little off the beaten path. Once you get there, I think you'll find that it's a pretty nice place. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make reservations on-line at their website, especially if traveling on the weekends.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gummyroach
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

Your comments regarding our staff are so appreciated. Everyone at the Best Western Plus North Las Vegas takes such pride in their service and comments such as yours are the reason we all chose this industry. We also appreciate your detailed comments about the room and all the many amenities we have available for our valued guests. Thank you again for your kind words and taking the time to review the hotel.

I hope we have many more opportunities to take care of you and yours in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Patty!!Patty!!
I thought she was the manager of this Hotel, she took care of everything and work so hard to make sure I was happy, I can't think of a better person for you to have running the front desk, cooking the breakfast, and dealing with the fact that the pool was "NOT" heated as was told to us before we came. She is wonderful, and I don't write reviews, but had to let you know what a wonderful employee you have in her. If it was not for her we would not have had a good stay at your hotel.

Best Regards,
Miss Smith

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MissAnita123
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! We strive to provide excellent service and are happy to read that we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your travels bring you back to North Las Vegas.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#120 of 263 in Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis

Been to Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!