“Everything Great except Location”

Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Everything Great except Location”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a very nice Best Western. We got a pet suite for the price of a regular room since the pet rooms were taken. I was excited about staying in a suite on the last day of our trip. We were greeted by a very hard working woman manning the desk while also answering the phone She got us the room for free using our points (only 16,000). (Normally you are supposed to do this online beforehand.) There were warm cookies on the counter. The breakfast was wonderful. Everything worked and was clean.
All was perfect except the location. We could see the motel from the freeway but my GPS could not get us there. Make sure you ask for very specific directions after exiting the freeway. Apparantly a new overpass makes it very hard to find them. Also, they are in an industrial area with no food nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments. We are grateful you enjoyed your stay with us but would like to apologize for your difficulties finding our location. It is good to hear that a staff member was able to help you with directions and assist you with redeeming your rewards points at check in. It is true the city recently built a new overpass and unfortunately most GPS devices have not yet updated with the new directions. The best way to get to us when travelling Northbound is to take exit 48 Craig Rd and exit to the left on to Craig Road. You would then take a left at the next light to access the Donovan Way connector road. Going Southbound on I-15, take exit 48 Craig Rd. Then go straight through the intersection off the exit ramp onto Donovan Way connector road. Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Las Vegas area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The good: Lady who checked me in was very nice, breakfast was good, A/C ice cold, no traffic noise, well lit parking, security doors that work, nice flat screen TV

The bad: Mattress worn out and uncomfortable, cheap plastic tub, water valve spun all the way around making it hard to control temperature, cheap countertop in bathroom chipped on edge, carpets need steam cleaning, NO FRIDGE OR MICROWAVE ( BW Plus is supposed to have fridge according to BW corporate website ), orange juice was horrible, no food or store within walking distance, hard to find hotel from highway. The plumbing in the ceiling was very loud and the walls not very well insulated between room, same in the ceiling.

My biggest issue was when I checked out I mentioned my dissatisfaction with not having the amenities that a plus should have and the young man working decided to argue with me about it. You NEVER treat customers that way especially a Diamond member. I most likely won't stay there again.

Its very expensive for what and where it is.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and thank you for your comments. We would like to offer our apologies for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. While it is good to see you posted some positives from your stay it looks as if you felt the negatives far outweighed the good. I will make sure to investigate why you were not upgraded into one of our suites as a valued diamond member. Fridge and microwaves are in all our suites but unfortunately we do not have them in the standard rooms. If you decide to give us another chance please contact me directly and I will make sure you are placed in a suite with a generous discount. Thanks again for your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.
Portland OR
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Motel is located in an industrial area near the freeway. Hard to find. No nearby resturants. Room was very large and comfortable.Air conditioner was noisy. Hot breakfast was typical for Best Western Plus. I felt the price was too high because of the inconveinent location.I felt other reviewers rated this motel too high.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Sirens late at night will wake you up.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We appreciate you taking the time the post your comments. Please accept our apology for the difficult time you had finding our property. The best way to get to us when travelling Northbound is to take exit 48 Craig Rd and exit to the left on to Craig Road. You would then take a left at the next light to access the Donovan Way connector road. Going Southbound on I-15, take exit 48 Craig Rd. Then go straight through the intersection off the exit ramp onto Donovan Way connector road.
We are happy to hear that you found the room to be large and comfortable but are disappointed we did not exceed your expectations. You are correct that we do not have a restaurant next door to us but there are many dining options close by just off of Craig Road. For those not wanting to go out; we have information available at the front desk for delivery options. Thank you again for your comments and we you will give us another chance next time you are in the area.
california
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My daughter booked this hotel because I have a dog and we needed to be near the Marriott for the Jazz Festival. The hotel was very clean, employees kind and helpful and they had a great breakfast. The breakfast was loaded with goodies and the room was very clean. The pool and jacuzzi was a nice addition ,as well as, the gym. I would definitely go back again even without my pup. We had a suite so having the jet/spa tub in the room was grand!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments. We always strive to ensure that our hotel is clean and well maintained to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests We are also happy to hear that you and your family felt well taken care of during your stay. Our team has high standards in regards to the guest service we offer to our guests; it is great to hear that we were able to meet these standards for you and your family during your stay. Our pool and spa is available 24 hours and it is good to hear you were able to enjoy it during your stay. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you choose to stay with us.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

At first I didn't like the location, but check in was very quick and easy. The gentlemen I think his name was Even or Ivan he's the one with the cool motorcycle with the pony tail tied back helped us with the direction but anyways at first I was worried about the location it was hard to get in but once your there the hotel was between a railroad and the free way at first I was worried about not getting any sleep because I was there for the convention center but he ended up putting us by the freeway side where it was quiet. The breakfast area wasn't bad at all it was free cant complain about free complimentary breakfast. When I was asking questions about where the Nellis Air Force base he was very knowledge about the base and was told he also works there after the hotel and ran into him there at the exchange and later on that day when I was getting ready to get in my car at the convention center I notice one of my tires went flat in the garage and I need help changing the tire I'm an old senior with back problems 25 minutes of waiting in the garage trying to find help and here's this gentlemen from the hotel again and told me he ALSO works here at the convention center and helped me change my tires I was very very very happy that I stayed at that hotel and meet him.... Question is when do you sleep...

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments! Our staff takes great pride in going above and beyond with the service we offer to our guests. I will make sure to inform Evan of your comments. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Las Vegas Nevada.
Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have to say --- I stayed at a BW Plus in St George and was so enthralled by the place that I cancelled my other reservation in Las Vegas to make this one -- BIG MISTAKE

The staff members on duty were so $%@^$ -- I was fed up before I even finished the check in.

Amazingly Stupid -- why?

1) Asked in the reservation form for something quiet since I had to be up at 3:30am for flight out --- night staff looked at it and said (in between loud cracking of her chewing gum) "can't get you anything like that" ---- here's a hint lady: shut up and lie -- she wasn't joking, she was serious --- what a way to start a night having to worry that I blew it thinking BW Plus was good

2) and 3) ---- not gonna bother to spend time writing

4) Needed to print my boarding pass in the business center -- no PDF reader --- mentioned that to her on the way upstairs and her reply was "yep, it probably wouldn't" --- I suspect that she had no clue about PDFs or any other software

5) Check out in AM --- I gave up waiting for the person --- sign said "helping other customer, be right back" --- went to get bags --- someone else came down and was waiting -- he started yelling for service and she scrambled out of the back area

Bleh -- so unprofessional. Pervasive unprofessional -- not just a single excusable act

On to the hotel:

Beds = not disaster but not pillow top ---felt like they put a high thread-count sheet and woven cover on a crappy mattress --- slept managably well for one night

Room = crappy --- carpet is office style --- sandals time

Hallway = reeks of smoke --- which is funny because they make such a big thing about people not smoking in non-smoking rooms and then put a hall with 1/4 smoking rooms

Location = sucky --- not within walking distance of anything --- right in an industrial district -- next door to CAT and Caterpillar and other industrial-type businesses

Trains? Oh, yea.

Poor Location = yes -- this Donovan Road business is stupid, need to get a close-up map

Will I stay here again? Not on your life.

Room Tip: Don't --- Avoid
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank vogon_poet
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Traveler,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered while staying with us and am so sorry that we missed the mark in handling these better. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, as we will use this information to improve our service.

I apologize that we were unable to impress during this visit and hope that you might consider giving us a second chance in the future. If you would, please contact me at the hotel so we can discuss your stay and so I can attempt to make it better for you. Again I thank you for your feedback and hope to speak with you soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked this hotel on hotwire.com and I was a little nervous but I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised! Mike at the front desk was very kind and conversational as he was getting us our room. I had called right after I had made the reservation to see if my husband and I would be able to get a king size bed the lady said she would try but they were completely booked. After walking into our nice, clean room we were also happy to see that they were able to complete our request for a king size bed. The jetted tub is huge and big enough for two people.

The staff is super friendly and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again. Also I've read a lot of reviews about the location but we didn't have a problem finding the place. It is tucked away but if you have directions in front of you (I was using Google maps on my iPhone) you shouldn't have a problem finding it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor at the very end of the hall and it was quiet. Plus it had an AWESOME j...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWestern4540, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that we were able to fulfill your room request and that you enjoyed the King Jacuzzi Suite. We take pride in the service we offer to our guests so it is great to hear you were taken care of during your time with us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 263 in Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis

Been to Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!