“loved it will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunrise Inn

Sunrise Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
idaho
“loved it will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

the hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful even with the truck parking lot the noise was very low and the staff did all they could to make our stay nice. so to let people know give the staff a chance you will be pleased and dont judge by the area just stop in and check out the hotel before you rent a room its safe and clean and a great breakfast its nice to be around friendly people that go out of there way to make your stay GREAT.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

Wish I were elsewhere, but am stuck here for the night. The room they put me in originally had a loudly beeping smoke detector, a phone that didn't connect to the front desk, and a tampon stuck in the toilet. Nice. My new room reeks of the smell of furniture polish, layer after layer after layer of it. Toxic, no doubt. And the bed and table and chairs look like a collection of discards from the Oak Furniture Warehouse or a thrift store. Reallllly classy. I asked if I could check out to join a colleague at the MGM Grand and was told, "Sure you can check out. But we'll still charge you for the room." Wow, thanks. Oh yes, there is a lot full of loud semi-trucks next to my room. Don't stay here.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Isoruku
bhpatel23, General Manager at Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
We are now under a new management that is professional and well experienced. In last two months we have made great strides in improving the condition and guest service at the hotel and as a result, we have happier guests and our guest satisfaction is much higher. We welcome you to come and stay with us to experience the wonderful change.

Travelers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

Unclean!!
Towels were once white - now grey. Telephone receiver made me want to throw up. Warned on check in that the carpets had been cleaned that day so do not remove shoes and sure enough carpet was damp and toxic smelling. Area is not good and if travelling with pet nowhere to walk but dog feces infested gravel. Chairs were so stained we used grey towels to sit on

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victor213
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

We stayed during our motorcyle road trip in june 08. Had a great stay, laundry room was clean and well kept, breakfast room was well stocked, proprietor answered all questions. They had enough cameras on premises that we felt safe about our motorcycle being parked outside.

• Stayed June 2008
Virginia USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2007

11:33 PM 5/31/2007 I stayed five days here.

have not read other reviews so maybe this repeats what you already read. This hotel is a standard Comfort Inn. "Standard" means standardize, with this chain, because nowadays their hotels are all very similiar in design. You have eaten one Comfort Inn breakfast or slept in one Comfort Inn room; you've eaten and slept in all, as far as I know.

But to the business at hand. This one is located right in a Flying J Truck Stop! The trucks coming and going surround the place. The road in front, Cheyenne, must have 1000 heavy, very loud, trucks pass by 24/7.

So, why am I here? Well I came on business and did not want the trouble of driving from a downtown hotel, nor live in a casino. I picked Comfort because they can be very good and reasonably priced. Being an old senior, I got a good rate.

After I checked out early, I suddenly got used to the noise, and told the desk clerk that I'd changed my mind. Also, I did not feel like moving, especially to a more expensive place.

The hotel is right at the corner of I-15 and Cheyenne. The drive to different areas of Las Vegas and to outside LV attractions is usually not too far or difficult, except that traffic in LV is generally awful everywhere. Interstates are being built and improved throughout the city and there is construction of buildings all over the place. Any driving is bad here, but if you have to do it, being outside the strip and downtown is better than inside.

The dining facilities nearby are McDonalds, 7-11, Denny's, and the truck stop. To find a fancy restaurant ,you must drive a long way.

On the good side, my room was comfortable and clean. The standard Comfort Inn breakfast, included in the daily cost, is unhealthy (mostly carbs and sugar), but OK. All of the staff should get a gold star ,as they are helpful, polite, and generally nice.

Stay here if $$$ are important at this time in your life and you can stand very loud truck traffic all day and night. Some, like me, can, and some cannot. If you think the truck noise will bother you, better get a guarenteed, noise free room in another hotel and be prepared to pay for it. Overall, this hotel does OK, for a low cost hotel in an industrial area.

The shortcomings come with the territory. This area, North Las Vegas, is another side of the more famous, glitzy VEGAS! we all know and expect to see. No, here are the construction trucks, garbage trucks, auto junk yards, pawn shops, tracts of desert begin torn up to build more and more questionable value homes in the desert dirt,, last, but not least, large populations of the working class of Las Vegas.

• Liked — Room rate
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeW6
DENVER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

Wow, what a difference. I love the Comfort Inn, on Paradise Road, Las Vegas. I hate this one. For 98.99 a night, you would think that we would get at least what the other Comfort Inn offers. This one? Nope. Not one bit. I'm still here,but not by choice. I leave in 2 days and will be more than happy to go. So, let's see...I arrived here and was greeted by a lovely and very helpful attendant named Max*******. She really did everything to help me out, but there wasn't much she could do. After all, this IS Memorial Day weekend. (Like I knew) Got my key, went in and there was no mini fridge, stove, etc. Hmmmmm, what a dissapointment. i asked Max if I could get a room with these items and she said that they were suites going for 300+. Ok, I'll pass. Anyway, the room is ok and I start setting up for my 5 day trip. I finally get settled in and then I decide to watch TV. that's funny, i only get 3 channels. So again I call max and she tells me that it really depends on the reception and location of the room and her mgr. told her to have me move the cable in the back of the TV for better reception. It's cable and I remind them that I only have 3 over the air channels. they say that their maintenance person isn't available. When is he available? He's not, they don't have one. Fine, let me turn it to channel 8 and watch something. Fortunately, I have something to work on. ok, so now it's 2 days later and at this point I actually enjoy going to work and coming back late. Today I can back from work and decided to try their pool. I go out there to sit in a chair. wait, it's got some bird poo....I'll just sit over here...By the bird poo. perhaps I won't sit and I'll get in the pool. Hmmmmm....Is that Bird Poo in the pool? Well, that's enough for me. The breakfasts are rather entertaining as it's an all out war for the syrup. Once that pint is gone, you're on your own. That's 2 days in a row that I've had plain waffles. Actually, i guess it's healthy and something i shouldn't necessarily complain about, but dang it, I want my sugar! So, 2 more nights left and I'm outta this place. If they ever book me here again, I'm telling them that i quit. Well, maybe not, but I can go to Samstown if I want to be treated like this for a lot more! by the way, Max is awesome and enthusiastic. Her boss, I think it's him, is not. And I'm not including photos of the Bird Poo as that is just gross.

• Liked — I leave in 2 days!
  • Disliked — Not enough space to type that much.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank MarioTheGreat
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2006

This hotel is in a very bad area of town - did not feel safe staying, especially since our room was on the first floor with a window exposed to the outside. For two females (my mom and I), I would not recommend staying here. I booked online for a no-smoking room, but we received a smoking room; so when we checked in, we would have had to pay $100 more for a no-smoking room. We left and found another hotel room. I called the hotel to let them know we wouldn't be staying (had not checked in our bags or used the room) and let them know we didn't feel safe there. The guy (I wrote down his name and time of the phone calls to him) said he could resell the room for $60+ more than what our rate was, so he would issue a refund, but the refund never came thru. I received my credit card statement and the refund was never issued. So, I called the same guy to remind him of our conversation, but he denied telling me that I would get a refund. In fact, he said the Inn never filled up and that he had not sold the room. He then offered to give me a discount on the next stay (even after I reminded him about why we didn't stay the first time!). Any reputable hotel would have refunded the money -- if you're not happy with the hotel for any valid reason and choose not to stay, they would not charge you for a stay. We didn't use the room at all, they said they had someone else to book it at a higher rate and then denied saying that. Then the guy says they never filled up anyway, so, it's not like they lost any money from someone else trying to book a room and our reservation prevented them from doing so (I had booked it just the night before). The guy was not nasty, but it is upsetting when they say they will refund your money and then refuse to do so and deny they ever said so. And then he offers a discount on the next stay. Didn't he get it that I wouldn't stay there?? Bad location, bad service, bad value for the money (way overpriced for what you would get). Even if they refunded my money AND offered a free stay, I would not stay there. Unfortunately, there are no major hotel chains in the north area of North Las Vegas, so there wasn't much else to choose from. We got a room at the JW Marriott (lovely hotel)in Summerlin and traveled to our destination in North Las Vegas.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Cannery Casino
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
The Strip
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 264 in Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas

Been to Sunrise Inn? Share your experiences!