“MOST NASTIEST HOTEL EVER”
Review of Sunrise Inn

Sunrise Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Garden Grove, California
“MOST NASTIEST HOTEL EVER”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I drove 12 hrs from Colorado to las Vegas on 4/5/14 expecting a nice clean room to lay down after non stop drive n traffic but when I check in and went to my room I have to say this is the worst place ever I check all the sheets r been used and stain of what ever and all pillows smell like someone haven't taken a bath for months and have drooling stain on all the pillows I got up and told my wife n daughter to get up I called the desk and request for another room and like always they said no more room available so I walk to the desk to talk to a manager he didn't even talk to me and got a nerve to say we are picky and the room are clean even tho all the blankets and pillow are nasty and smelly the guy from the counter ask me he can spray it with freb brezz I just laughter and ask for a refund while they r giving a refund a couple waited in the desk for my room even tho the room is nasty and smells they r planning to rent the room to another victim SO Please if u see a hotel room with one light in the beds tryt to check if the room r clean not just vacuum n fix bed check everything because this hotel is #1nastiest hotel I have ever been

Room Tip: Check the lighting if its one light and dark beware check pillows pillow sheets all the sheets if it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Slv714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stockton, California
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I drove 8 hours from stockton and got there at 8 PM on a Saturday and the reception told me that Orbtiz had over book me. In fact Orbitz had told me that Sunrise Inn gave my room to someone else because on the day that I reserved it still show that the room was available and after arguing with them for hours they refunded my money. What I don't understand is why take my money if there is no room left. I will not due business with these greed people ever again!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Leo K

Travelers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had to stay at this place this past weekend. We showed up at 5pm after driving from LA and working all day and the desk tells us, "One of our house keepers called in sick. Your room isn't ready. Can you come back in an hour?" Back into traffic because they can't do their jobs. Normally when an employee calls in sick, the manager works a little harder, does a job they don't normally do and make up for it. Or lower the price on inconvenience. This place didn't offer any restitution, even after I asked the manager to call me and work something out. Still waiting to hear back. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sandra R
Park City, Utah
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel February 15, 2014. I ended up in a smoking room. I was not informed of this fact by the hotel clerk; I found out when I opened the door to the room. I begged the hotel to give me another room, but they said the place was totally booked and it was the only room they had. Because I had pre-paid for the room, I could not get my money back. It ended up being one of the worst hotel nights in my life. I had a difficult time sleeping and awoke with a sore throat. I had booked the place through Priceline and when I contacted them I was startled to learn you have to specifically request a non-smoking room. (I have booked hotels with Priceline dozens of times and have never had this problem before.) This is preposterous! Priceline doesn't ask whether you want a non-smoking room--it is in the fine print under the heading, "Special Requests". In this day and age, you would think the presumption for booking agencies and hotels is that their guests expect non-smoking rooms. You don't have to specially request to be placed in a non-smoking environment in a restaurant, a plane, or any public place. So, its incredulous that you have to make a specific request not to be placed in a perilous environment in a hotel. Shame on Sunrise Inn and Priceline! It should be against the law to place guests in a place reeking with smoke residue against their wishes. I've learned my lesson though--I will always make sure I book a non-smoking room in the future.

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker, always request a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank max g
Tonasket, Washington
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stopped as a family on Christmas eve. We had an experience that we would just as soon forget. The price was only $40 for the night. The carpet on the stairs and hallways needs replaced bad. It is very dirty. This was once a Comfort Inn. All the labels and safety procedures were torn off. The walls showed that furniture had been removed. The smoke detector had been removed. The house keeping needed lots of help in our room. The pot in our room was turned off because it didn't shut off. It needed fixed! We found one towel. When I went to the front desk to get more, the three towels I was given exhausted their extra supply. We had no facial towels or wash clothes. These I was told would be brought up shortly. It wasn't long and they came with more, one wash cloth!!?! The drain in the tub was rusted so badly that the plug was on the bathtub edge. Should it have been put in the drain it would of taken a plumber to get it back out. We got such a weird feeling we left after being there a couple of hours. We have never regretted that decision. Do yourself a favor and check the room before you pay!! If only I had been able to check on this motel on Trip Advisor I could have avoided a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mead0wlark
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sunrise Inn for several days and It was great. The Room was clean and had new Furniture. Looks like they were remolding some rooms. The breakfast was good with a lot of items to choose from. the staff and management was great. Will stay again and tell my Friends about this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Well first off, the peep holes in the door were facing inwards so people could see in the room which creeped me out a bit. Bed had stains on the top comforter, looked like blood towards the bottom and an unknown stain towards the top. Three different shaped pillows which were so crappy I could feel the headboard through them as I layed down. Carpet is grungy and stained. As I was plugging in some things for the night, bugs scurried across the wall and disappeared behind the tv. DO NOT STAY HERE if you're willing to pay a bit more you can honestly find something of a lot better quality. Can't tell you how the service was for everytime I walked in, nobody was present at the front desk. Sleeping in your car would be a better alternative to this hell hole. Didn't provide us with shampoo conditioner soap toilet paper towels until we asked. It as a weird overall smell. STAY AWAY

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank MelissaAnn06
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Cannery Casino
Cannery Casino
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Sunrise Inn? Share your experiences!