“Casino - fun”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Austin, Texas
“Casino - fun”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Get the players card to get player credit - slots were looser at this casino than on Fremont Street. Spent about 2 hours playing games, winning - will go back. The parking lot has bike security, which was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrcer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks because the rate was very reasonable at $29.99 w/ AAA membership plus tax. The room was nice, and the staff were friendly. But at that rate, it drew some very poor and bad and illiterate and ignorant people. I saw one couple smoking in the hallway in front of their room. I immediately reported to the security. The worst experience I had during my stay is my car got vandalized in their parking garage. I filed the report with the security but I have not heard from them since then. Very irresponsible. There is no security between hotel and casino so even non hotel guests can sneak in the hotel. The casino area is very smoky though there is a small section designated for non smoking. I noticed that there are a lot of black people as well as many Hispanic. I found the carpeted floor or the casino is very dirty. I got some insect bites. I also have seen some homeless people wondering around. My conclusion is this casino has a lot of room for improvement. The buffet is about average, not good or bad. Just edible around $10. Within walking distance, there are numerous fast food chains around.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room on third floor farther away from casino. Park your car in very visible, ligh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank M Y

Travelers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Tucson, AZ
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was en-route from Arizona to Salt Lake City looking for a place to spend the night. Since I wanted to save time by leaving early, I chose the Cannery for its location in North Las Vegas putting it past the rush hour traffic. I made reservations from the hotel's website with no problem getting a good room rate. I arrived a little early, yet check-in was quick and easy. The room was clean but a little dated. The TV worked well and had a good selection of channels. The bathroom had dispensers for liquid soap and shampoo which is kind of cheap, but given the room rate, acceptable. I slept well that night.
Signing up for the "CAN" card will give you a bonus which for me translated into a buffet dinner. The buffet reminded me of my trips to Laughlin more than Las Vegas. The food was simple, with an adequate selection, but not exciting.
The Casino was fun. They had a variety of pai-gow poker that did not involve a commission when you win a hand, so I played for over 2 hours and broke even. Many locals play here giving the place a friendly atmosphere. There is also a movie theater on the premises.
Overall, the Cannery is a great place for locals and a good place for a quick stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Cannery Hotel & Casino on Craig Road in North Las Vegas. Its proximity to Nellis AFB makes it a very good place to stay for business on base. The room rates are very good and there are several decent places to eat in the hotel. While they have pretty good selection, there are better buffets in town, This was my third stay there and the rooms have always been very nice. It's definitely a "locals" casino, so don't expect the "strip" when staying there. There's a great movie theater complex on the property as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
kpholloway, Manager at Cannery Casino, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and for continuing to choose to stay with us at Cannery. We thank you for your business and are especially proud to have repeat customers who have a good experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kim Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations
Cannery Casino Resorts
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've never have stayed at the Cannery, so I'm not going to say anything regarding the hotel part. I will say that this is my third time visiting the Cannery and I have had a ball each time. This trip I enjoyed the variety of slots, which some I haven't seen anywhere else, which I got lots of play. I swiped my card in the Kiosk to see if I had any offers besides the 10 slot dollars, which I had two free drinks at the Victory Bar that I didn't get to use. They have a buffet that is as good as many that are on the Vegas Strip, but only cheaper. I had the lunch buffet for $7.99 with the player card and enjoyed a wonderful meal that included Manicotti that tasted fresh made. There other stations including desert were plentiful and the service was very good. Be assured that my next trip to Vegas will include a stop at the Cannery.

Room Tip: As I've stated I've never stayed in one of their rooms however I did want to recommend that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mt charleston, nv
Reviewed July 22, 2013

a property's class is well beyond the guest room's tv size or number of menu items on the buffet. july 1 - july 17 saw the mandatory evacuation of mt charleston residents due to the class 1, [nation's highest priority], wildfire. though unsolicited, cannery management quickly offered free rooms to evacuees. i've not seen local media mention by name, the cannery, during or after the incident. and i'd wager that the cannery will never reveal that help in company advertising.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank douglas m
Minnesota
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here while in Vegas on business. I like the fact that it is off strip and away from all the hassle. The rooms are nothing special but decent, tv that works, comfortable bed and shower etc. The bathroom smelled kinda funky, sort of sourish, but other than that, it was good. Oh, no bar of soap as they have the liquid soap dispensers. Not crazy about that but it will do. The price is good and the casino has all you need if you are a gambler. Nice racing themed bar and a large movie theater as well. So, for the money, this place is hard to beat, especially if you want a little more relaxed stay. Oh, and no resort fees or charge for the internet, that was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Creekguy
kpholloway, Manager at Cannery Casino, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your overall positive review of the Cannery Hotel and Casino, we appreciate receiving candid feedback from our customers as it is invaluable in our quest to constantly improve our guest's experience. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit.

Kimberly Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations
Cannery Casino Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 263 in Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis

Been to Cannery Casino? Share your experiences!