“Quick Business Trip”

Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Cannery Hotel & Casino on Craig Road in North Las Vegas. Its proximity to Nellis AFB makes it a very good place to stay for business on base. The room rates are very good and there are several decent places to eat in the hotel. While they have pretty good selection, there are better buffets in town, This was my third stay there and the rooms have always been very nice. It's definitely a "locals" casino, so don't expect the "strip" when staying there. There's a great movie theater complex on the property as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
kpholloway, Manager at Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for continuing to choose to stay with us at Cannery. We thank you for your business and are especially proud to have repeat customers who have a good experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kim Holloway

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've never have stayed at the Cannery, so I'm not going to say anything regarding the hotel part. I will say that this is my third time visiting the Cannery and I have had a ball each time. This trip I enjoyed the variety of slots, which some I haven't seen anywhere else, which I got lots of play. I swiped my card in the Kiosk to see if I had any offers besides the 10 slot dollars, which I had two free drinks at the Victory Bar that I didn't get to use. They have a buffet that is as good as many that are on the Vegas Strip, but only cheaper. I had the lunch buffet for $7.99 with the player card and enjoyed a wonderful meal that included Manicotti that tasted fresh made. There other stations including desert were plentiful and the service was very good. Be assured that my next trip to Vegas will include a stop at the Cannery.

Room Tip: As I've stated I've never stayed in one of their rooms however I did want to recommend that...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

a property's class is well beyond the guest room's tv size or number of menu items on the buffet. july 1 - july 17 saw the mandatory evacuation of mt charleston residents due to the class 1, [nation's highest priority], wildfire. though unsolicited, cannery management quickly offered free rooms to evacuees. i've not seen local media mention by name, the cannery, during or after the incident. and i'd wager that the cannery will never reveal that help in company advertising.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank douglas m
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here while in Vegas on business. I like the fact that it is off strip and away from all the hassle. The rooms are nothing special but decent, tv that works, comfortable bed and shower etc. The bathroom smelled kinda funky, sort of sourish, but other than that, it was good. Oh, no bar of soap as they have the liquid soap dispensers. Not crazy about that but it will do. The price is good and the casino has all you need if you are a gambler. Nice racing themed bar and a large movie theater as well. So, for the money, this place is hard to beat, especially if you want a little more relaxed stay. Oh, and no resort fees or charge for the internet, that was great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Creekguy
kpholloway, Manager at Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your overall positive review of the Cannery Hotel and Casino, we appreciate receiving candid feedback from our customers as it is invaluable in our quest to constantly improve our guest's experience. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit.

Kimberly Holloway

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This property has a casino, hotel, 4 restaurants, buffet, pool, spa, movie theater, bingo and great, comfortable beds and room. It is only about 14 miles from the Las Vegas strip. Free wifi was great. This is a great value and easily accessible right off of I-15.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emmy D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms are up to par with any Fairfield In Marriott properties. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The internet speed was very fast. The only thing I did not like was the lack of individual hand soaps and shampoos. They have them in bulk. More hotels are choosing this due to being cost effective. They also do not have hand lotion but it is available upon request. The buffet was very good and offered an array of good choices for a low price. I was impressed by the overall quality. The slot machines were somewhat lose. The property does not have any resort fees which is a plus. It is about 15 minute drive from the strip so having your own car is a must.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs as you can hear the neighbors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank T1998
Reviewed May 9, 2013

before check in, get your players club card ASAP! Half price room coupon saved me even more!
Average room, nice Plasma TV, small refreg, only one chair to watch tv from? A coffee maker would have been nice. Clean, quite, and smoke free room. Nice pool view. The Mexican and steakhouse resturants are closed Mon. and Tues......bummer. The buffett was small, and not worth the price.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 350, a non-smoke that looked onto the pool and venue area. Nice and quite, however...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank padre49

Thank you for your review, we pride ourselves in offering a clean, comfortable room at a value price. I am glad you found your accommodations up to your standards. I apologize for the inconvenience of both the Mexican restaurant and Steak House being closed during your visit, however we do have a lovely Italian option, Vino's, that is open on those days as well as Victory's our 24 hr. Coffee Shop. Thanks again for taking the time to provide valuable feedback, we look forward to your next visit.

Kimberly Holloway

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
#100 of 263 in Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 263 in Las Vegas
Downtown
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Cannery Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!