“Great value for someone passing through with a family of 5”
Review of Cannery Casino

Cannery Casino
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
San Diego, California, United States
“Great value for someone passing through with a family of 5”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stopped the night here on our way from So. California to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. When I checked in, the lobby reeked of smoke and the place seemed old and run down. I did not have high hopes. We'd arranged for adjoining rooms for ourselves and our three teen kids. The rooms were surprisingly clean (no smoke smell) and looked over the pool area. The kids loved swimming at night and we could easily watch over them from the room. We all slept well and we all commented how impressed we were with the place. The rooms proved my first impression wrong. We will stay again if we ever find ourselves passing through again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Temecula, CA
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked this hotel based on price alone. I was surprised to find clean rooms, good food reasonably priced at Victory's Cafe, and loose slots. The staff were friendly and the property boasts an 18 screen theater complex.

Room Tip: I booked directly with property, used my AARP card and got a lower price than discount sights, plus...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Super far from the strip. We weren't here for the strip so it was good. Lots of food options around and it is right by the I15. We mainly stayed here because it was $50 on Dec 30... compared to everywhere else for $200+

Staff is bad to great. First lady wasn't very helpful or friendly. She couldn't find my reservation...
So she called the next lady who was a manager to help. She was nicer but couldn't find the reservation either. She had to make some calls and I had to show her the confirmation I booked from Ratestogo.com. After at least 20-30 minutes she says, she need to call ratestogo.com/head office and find out where the money i prepaid went. She asked me nicely if I wanted to come back in 20 minutes. I agreed and went to the outlets.

I called 20 minutes and another lady said the issue is resolved and you can check in whenever I am ready. When I did check in, there was another lady who this time was SUPER friendly. She gets 5 stars service in my books.

Casino smells like cigarettes.
Room is large, clean and comfy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Red Bluff, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed a total of 12 nights, room was always very clean. Quiet at night and free Internet was quick and responsive. Ate at Victory's Cafe a few times and meals were always good. Had no negative issues so would say room was great for the price.

Room Tip: Exercise room was small room with 4 or 5 machines.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

On business we needed quiet hotel for work and sleep. 3rd floor pool view room was very quiet. Although furniture is a little dated bathroom is new. Service overall was very good. Ate at Cannery's steak and Italian places, both top quality. Victory Cafe for breakfast also excellent. If I ever return to NLV will stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I are on a road trip from San Diego to Florida with many stops along the way to see family and friends. During our voyage we have and will be staying at a few hotels that are normally outside my "comfort zone" so to speak as I'm a snob when it comes to where I take a shower, sleep and walk without shoes.

Our first hotel experience happened to be the Cannery in north Vegas. I have played slots here and eaten at the buffet during my visits over the years. My grandparents own a home here and so I'm a veteran when it comes to the laid back scene of Sin City.

As for the buffet and gambling, the prices are reasonable and the staff are friendly and available.

We booked our room for one night and were slightly skeptical because the price was SO LOW. My to my surprise our room was clean and laid out well. It did not have anything extra and was by no means luxury, but it was not a bad place to lay your head for the night. If you are looking for something with downtown excitement then you would be better to book a spot not so far out, but for us this location was exactly what we needed at that time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tooele, Utah
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If i Could give this place a negative star review I would. Our whole family stayed here for a reunion we had in Vegas this fall (October 13, 2012). All of our family ate at the in-house buffet, and EVERY person that used a debit/credit card, had gotten fraud. There was an employee that had stollen our card numbers, and the Cannery has not taken any responsibility over it. Our family consisted of 25+ people, and 6 of them have already had fraud on there account, and maybe more to come. The Cannery has said they can't do anything about it....how about investigate your employees and fire someone!! I just want to spread the word so no one goes there and has the unfortunate luck that we did. We are positive that this is where our numbers were stollen, since its the only place that is in common with the members of our family that had fraud.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank THICKS444

Travelers are raving about these North Las Vegas hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
The Strip
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#122 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Cannery Casino? Share your experiences!