Cannery Casino & Hotel
Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa(North Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway(North Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$125
Hampton.com
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway(North Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$164
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites(North Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$102
BestWestern.com
$50
Sunrise Inn(North Las Vegas)
$56
$99
$89
All reviewsmovie theatervictory cafeconcert venuethe mexican restaurantrooms are cleanevery staff memberthird floorplayers cardoff the striproom was largeeasy accessself parkingslot machineslong walkcasinolasvegas
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed 8 nights at The Cannery for work. Rooms were clean. If your room faced Craig Road-you could hear the road noise. Rooms that faced courtyard were much quieter. The hotel hallways smelled like smoke coming from the casino. The smoke smell in the casino was unbearable...the odor from smokers was bad. Apparently the Cannery management isn't aware of air purification technology for its casino floor. I would drive somewhere else before walking down the hall to gamble at the Cannery.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I walked into The Cannery with zero dollars in our wallets, and ended up staying all weekend, almost for free. I kid you not.

And the real beauty was that we never left the parking lot. We love Las Vegas. We travel around Las Vegas during our visits, taking in as many venues as we need to have a 'Vegas Experience'. Not so the weekend we visited The Cannery North.

Before you blow off this review, let me clarify one point - we did have plastic in our wallets. But they were used very, very little over the weekend. And we had one of our best times in Vegas!

We walked in and signed up for the players club card, and received the typical comp coupons. My wife used her slot play coupon while I stood in line for our 2-for-1 lunch buffet. She reappeared not 10 minutes later with enough winnings to pay for lunch, and dinner, and a room for the night! Woo-hoo.

After a great buffet (with a huge salad bar) we checked into a room. Nice, well presented, and overlooking the pool. I have no idea how old the property is, it is well maintained, and clean.

Feeling really great about our choice to stay here, we went out and plied the slots. I won a little, my wife was winning pretty good. Then during our breaks, we wondered around the property. There are multiple restaurants, bars, and even a movie theater that keeps you on property, and feeling pampered.

We went to the movies, and relaxed. We exited and headed for the center bar. We listened to a jazz piano player there, enjoying a couple of drinks. The real beauty though was that we walked to each one, never stepping outside, never needing to drive. I didn't have to worry about being tipsy behind the wheel - I could relax and totally enjoy myself.

I returned to our room after enjoying a great night of jazz, while my wife played blackjack. She sat at a table of soldiers deploying to Iraq in the morning. They played until about 2 am, at times sharing winnings so they could all stay in the game. My wife returned with her winnings - $350 after giving a large portion of it away.

The next morning we saw the soldiers in the lobby, and wishing them all the best.

We've visited Vegas a lot. We've had some great experiences! This experience at The Cannery North is by far the most memorable, and the finest yet.

Thanks to all for such a great visit!

Room Tip: Take advantage of any and all comps available. Don't see any? Be sure to ask. And then, politely ask again. The staff can be very accommodating.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mysterytraveler56
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A group of us booked at the Cannery as we were staying for Super Chevy event at the Speedway, which is only 4 miles from it....Check in on Friday afternoon was fast and efficient...the room was very nice and comfortable, had a King room, bathroom was clean, only thing that I did not like was the soap, all dispenser style of liquid, would prefer a bar of soap...minor issue, nice big flat screen, decent selection of TV channels....rooms that look out to the pool also face their event venue, so assume it would be loud, never in the room when they were having events, so not sure...the Victory Bar has $1.00 Bud draft or $5.00 pitcher when football is on, so recommend it....Victory Cafe breakfast was good, Ham & Eggs was great...the steak house, Waverly's I believe, was a little expensive for this property but the Steaks were great, their chopped salad was great and the bread was great....parking is good and plentiful in their parking structure...never had time to use the pool...casino is not overly large, they have a fair amount of tables, no 3 card poker or let it ride, mainly variations of blackjack, craps and a roulette table...overall, next event at the Speedway, will definitely be back...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BigHarleyDog
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Beware of weekends - when the Doors open from their Concert area to the outside and the music will rock the walls. No Spa and an uninviting concrete surrounded Pool round out the rest of the Hotel experience. The Casino is mainly for locals with a very heavy smoking and cigar crowd. They seldom have many Tables open and attempt to steer you to the Higher Limits Tables. The offer many Food Comps, however with extremely Tight Machines you usually loose far more than if you just go to the Strip or Downtown and get a Much Nicer Hotel and Gaming Experience. The Movie Theaters are by far the best thing here and if you do stay they are highly recommended.

Room Tip: Victory Cafe has a Great weekday senior Breakfast Special. If you want quiet ask for a room facing Loose Blvd on weekends. If you like lower denomination $ 5.00 Tables - Only Play Friday and Saturday Nights. Downtown Casino Slot machines have more Play Time and are Much looser than here with Hotel Prices Comparable and More Properties to choose from.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ogottogo11
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I returned to this location for a second stay. We called ahead to see if we needed a reservation and were told no, that they had plenty of rooms available. On our drive there we saw several billboards advertising a $39.00 room rate during the week. When we got there we walked in and were immediately told that the $39 rate did not apply. Then we were told that they did not have any rooms. So we left and went across town to a very nice Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Don't believe what they advertise!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business