“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My flight was also cancelled in April due to "mechanical problems". It has been 8 weeks and I am still waiting for a $725 refund. Response to e-mails and phone calls has been very poor. David has assured me that the refund will be coming shortly??? How long does it take to refund a credit card purchase??? I purchased the trip directly with Story Airways and not through Groupon.

I have been waiting patiently and giving David the benefit of the doubt, but my patience as run out!!! I guess I will need to contact the credit card company to see if I can get some compensation.

1 Thank Ringettechamp

East Rochester, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour Experience - Try them”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I found this company on Amazon and things did not start off well. We called and booked the trip with them and spoke to a very nice young lady that was very accommodating. However, they accidentally booked our tour a week off from when we supposed to be traveling but that didn't turn out to matter. We called about our concerns and had to leave a message. My wife was a mess and was on the verge of losing it when less than an hour later, we received a call back and one look in their computer at the reservation and they had it worked out to get us to the Canyon exactly when we wanted to.

David took great care of us from the very beginning. He picked us up from our hotel and drove us to the North Las Vegas Airport in a nice, clean black Audi Sedan that is comfortable since it was already 92 degrees outside at 6 am! He then educated us on what to expect with a small aircraft and had us in the air by 7 am. No wait and no long lines. We paid o upgrade the flight over the Valley of Fire. It is worth the extra money for the views of the Grand Canyon from the air approaching the Grand Canyon airport.

The tour experience is independent and gives you the full extent of just how "Grand" and vast the canyon really is. Eagle Point and Guano Point are two of the best views on the 300 mile stretch of canyon and the Skywalk is a terrifying and completely unique view of the Canyon that has to be experienced.

The other aspects of the canyon are alright. The Hualapai Ranch Saloon is a glorified cafeteria but the town is fun and the activities are entertaining. For those interested in horseback rides, this is a good stop.

We ha plenty of time to make all 3 stops on the West Rim and joined David back at the Terminal after 3 hours of exploring. This a great tour for those of you in Vegas that don't want to spend a half of a day driving to the Canyon and can get the same experience (Or even a better one) in half the time.

Bottom line: Take the flight with Story Airways. You won't regret it.

Visited June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I bought the Living Social half price trip and everything worked out great. David, the pilot, picked us up in his personal car and returned us to our hotel after the trip. Everything worked out great and it was a pleasure talking with David. He gave us good advise on what to do and how to enjoy our first trip to the Grand Canyon and The Skywalk. Thanks Dave. The only negative is that the air conditioning in the plane could be better. Take sunscreen and a bottle of water. Enjoy.

Visited May 2013
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The worst experience ever! Buyer Beware”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have to start off by seriously cautioning you about this company and any affiliation with Living Social... Do Not buy the 50% off coupon it is a big scam!!!

I planned a trip to Las Vegas around this trip and was very sadly left standing at the curb waiting for no one to come pick me up.. After waiting for 1.5 hours (and mind you this was starting at 5:45 am for a supposed pick up at 6:00am) I called the company and reached the customer service line to be asked by the agent "how did you get my number?" I advised her "off your emails". She then advised me the tour was cancelled due to wind. OK this I can understand if there is a safety issue, however all of the helicopter tours were running that day?? Also when I asked one of the other tour drivers about this tour I was advised they never heard of this company...hmmm.

When I asked the company why they did not call, text, email my contact number or even call the hotel to be courteous enough to let me know the trip was cancelled she stated she did..which is a complete lie. I then asked how they were going to reimburse me and she stated I would have to sort it out with Living Social.

What awful customer service!

Dealing with Living Social was a complete nightmare!!! They originally refused a refund of my $248 and It has been 8 emails and finally had to have the fraud dept at my credit card company get involved. They have said they will reimburse my card now, but I am still waiting for it to show credited on my account. My trip was to be on April 23.

What a disappointment is all I can say!!

Please note I did my research before planning the trip.. I read the reviews on trip advisor before booking and called and emailed the company in February before booking and thought I had my bases covered.

It appears to me this company does not like to honour their Living Social Coupons and would rather have full paying fares.

Customer service is awful.

Buyer BEWARE!!!!!

1 Thank tlien
David S, Owner at Adventure Air - Tours, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I am so sorry, your experience has been horrible unfortunately our airplane is down and we are unable to fly, I know your vacation is important for you and we want to make your vacation special unfortunately we are unable to fly at the moment. next time you are in vegas if there is anything I can do for you please email me at david@storyairways.com I would like to make up for you bad experience. Again I am so sorry
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Company DO NT BOOK WITH THEM !!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After booking with them for 2 months in advance and made planes with guestd from outside the US to meet us in Vegas to take the tour, the company called and cancelled on us because they got bigger account for the same date to fly out.
Don't book with them - they will dump you for bigger account any day.

1 Thank Ronnie O
David S, Owner at Adventure Air - Tours, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
I am sorry you feel that way, but the reality of why your flight was canceled is due to a part we are waiting to replace on the aircraft to make it airworthy once again, as an air commercial operator we take our aircraft maintenance very seriously as SAFETY is a priority for us. As far as your accusation of us taking a bigger account, I don't know what you are referring to as we fly to the grand canyon and we don't have any other bigger accounts, once we have you scheduled we will maintain our commitment to you unless a maintenance issue or weather related issue arises. I understand how important this is for you and I apologize for the inconvenience, but we can not fly the aircraft unless we are confident it will be safe.