“Groupon Scammer***”
Review of Adventure Air - Tours - CLOSED

Adventure Air - Tours
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I bought a Groupon for the Grand Canyon Flight and Boat ride with shuttle service to and from the hotel for $379. They picked us up at the hotel. We were arriving at the airport for departure and were told that they were not accepting Groupon because Groupon had not paid them. They instructed me to call Groupon and ask for a refund. I did and Groupon gladly refunded my money. I was told after cancelling my Groupon that Story Airways would honor the price, but there would be a $30 per passenger fuel surcharge. The price was escalated from $379 to $439. I told them that I wasn't going to pay the new price and the pilot, David, said that the Groupon stated that there was a fuel surcharge. I showed him the Groupon and asked him to point it out. He couldn't. I asked if we would have to call a cab or would they give us a ride back. They gave us a ride back. Round trip from hotel to airport for an attempted scam, a little over 1 hour. Calling Groupon and telling them that Story Airways was using them for free advertisement and increasing the prices and probably getting away with it, Priceless.
*Edgar, the driver was pleasant on the return drive and showed us some sights. I tipped him $20 for his efforts.

3  Thank Dale M

Reviewed October 14, 2012

David was great! Got picked up and dropped off at our hotel by the pilot/owner! I am both a big guy and a bit shakey with heights, and I had a great time! David even took a little extra time on the way back to fly us over Hoover dam! Spectacular!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I visit Las Vegas quite often and each time, we try to do something different off the strip. I stumbled across Story Airways through a Groupon purchase for a flight over the Grand Canyon and Riverboat down the Colorado River. From start to finish the experience was excellent.

The day before our trip, I received a phone call stating that due to possible inclement weather the next day, would we be willing to get picked up at 6am for a 7am flight. At first, we weren't too keen on waking up so early, but honestly, it was the best decision in the end. The pilot and owner, David Story, picked us up from our hotel and was wonderful. He was very informative as well as passionate about his job. The weather ended up cooperating, but we avoided the heat of the day and the flight over the Grand Canyon was spectacular. The riverboat cruise took place in Laughlin, NV, which David described as a mini-Vegas. It's a cute place. Casinos line the Colorado River and the boat (more like a ferry) gives you a narrated tour for the 1.5 hr cruise. Very relaxing.

We definitely will contact Story Airways for future flight ventures as David let us know he also travels to San Diego, Salt Lake, etc.

You will not be disappointed! :)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Purchased the tour through Groupon seemed like a good value. The tour was to fly over the Grand Canyon and land in Laughlin for a Riverboat Tour on the Colorado River. We were offered an upgrade which included landing at the Grand Canyon and doing the Skywalk and lunch so decided to pay the extra and add these activities to the tour. We ended up being the only two on the tour so it was a very personalized service. We were picked up at our hotel and transported to the airport and then dropped off back at our hotel afterward. It was a full day and a very hot day but the weather cooperated and the flight was unexpectedly smooth. We felt very safe and would definitely recommend this activity. The plane is small (six seater) and would be quite fine with four passengers and pilot as long as the passengers are not too large or claustrophobic. Great activity, great service, great value--thanks David. Hope your business really takes off!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's refreshing in this day and age to know that their are people like David Story from Story Airlines. His efforts to get us to the Grand Canyon when the weather was misbehaving on the 26th of August 2012 were hugely commendable. Anyone doubting whether they should use Groupon to purchase the tour really have no need to worry, as the contact that he kept with us after the weather had caused an understandable cancellation on the appointed day, along with his willingness to get us out their on another were most refreshing. We certainly enjoyed the flight and congratulate him on the service that he offers and would recommend anyone wanting to go out to the Grand Canyon, quickly and efficiently to use his services.