See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 23, 2008

First of all this place is not even a Ramada Inn anymore. My husband used our Garmin GPS to get the phone number for this place. It shows up Ramada Speedway Inn on the GPS so he called it because the Ramada name is pretty well known. He booked the room because they had two room suites. We followed the GPS directions and couldn't find the Ramada. I called and when the lady answered the phone she didn't say Ramada. So I asked her if it was a Ramada and she said it was no longer a Ramada property. Uh, Oh. Though she was very nice she gave us the directions and we discovered we had driven right past it before. The neighborhood was very seedy. I did not feel comfortable at all, we have two young children and I was leery of this place. I did not even want to go in. My husband went in and told them I did not like it. They reassured him they had 24 hour bicycle security and we were safe! This did not really help at all. I did get out and walked into the check-in area to three people talking very loudly and jumping and kicking describing a party or something they were using bad language. We were so tired by this time we didn't have any choice but to take it. We get up to our room to find the two room suite is just adjoining rooms a little remodled with the door open inbetween. Ridiculous! I was so disappointed. The rooms were ok not filty but, we were not comfortable. The only thing good I can say is that the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We showered quickly in the morning and didn't even bathe the children. Thankfully we were only about 6 hours from home. This place is no place for families. Again, the only good thing was the very nice staff. I feel bad but, this place shoud not be allowed to be listed anywhere as Ramada as it is misleading.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2008

This is a very run down property located in a bad neighborhood. it is equiped with security lock doors to the floors which are left open around the clock. Anyone can access the rooms. A coffee pot was provided...the water reservoir was full of water and moldy coffee bags. Guess the maids don't move anything when they clean. It was a place to stay during an emergency. Wouldn't do it again. Must say the shuttle driver was great!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2008

This was a terrible place, especially if you have children. The room was dirty and the pool was dry. If you like seedy hotels and dive bars, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Stay away from this place and Hotels.com while you are at it!

Fist of all, most important to us, we reseved this room for 89.99 on Hotels.com and we printed out the reservation assuring us a Non Smoking room. We get there and our room is so smokey that you could get lung cancer if you breathe too close to the bedspread. The front desk says they are "all out" of non smoking.
I call hotels.com, and they say there is "No gaurntee that you will get the room you wanted" and their system is "down" they can not help us.

On top of that there is a loud loud party next door.
The sink is all craked and nasty.
The bed mattress is torn, holes in the bedspread.

Hotels.com overcharged us! When searching for the same room same nights on line directly through the hotel's website, I found that Hotels.com charged $20-$30 more than the actual hotel was asking!

I am never using Hotels.com again and never staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lkaizer
Reviewed March 21, 2006

We had to stay at the Ramada for a school event and, after reading the reviews and after having a previous TERRIBLE stay at a Ramada, I was expecting far worse.

PROS:
Customer service at the check-in desk was above par. They went out of their way to assist with checking us in to 16 rooms and made it really easy and fast.

The rooms were clean (and I'm picky).

CONS:
Very loud hotel. There were guests with dogs (2 pitbulls) staying next to us and they barked on and off through the night and were very active. You could hear complete conversations out in the hall and in the next room. Forget about sleeping here without a sound machine--luckily we had ours.

Not a nice neighborhood. Lots of "locals" roaming the parking lot, but we didn't have any problems. Put your valuables out of sight, park under a light towards the front of the parking lot, and lock the car up tight. It felt safe enough inside, but then we never even entered the casino or restaraunt.

I've stayed in worse, but wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank szpal