“Like a mini Red Rock”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Like a mini Red Rock”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I come to Las Vegas 3-4 times a year for business and I tend to favor Station Casino's properties, namely Green Valley & Red Rock because they aren't on the strip and Aliante is no exception. It's as far as one can get from the strip, but still only 20 minutes driving time. It's practically in the mountains which I find rather pleasant. The surroundings and hotel are reminiscent of their larger property Red Rock. Rooms are rather smallish compared to others, but tastefully decorated. The pool area is smallish too, but quite nice and a good place for families to hang out. I stayed here during the week and the place was dead... I don't think there was more than 50 people in the whole casino. That was also nice because you didn't have to wait for anything. I'd totally go back. The only drawback is some service aspects... probably because they have cut back so much. Concierge? Non existent. Front desk staff? Borderline rude with the simplest and politest of questions. Everything else? Great.

Try driving into the mountains and watch the temperature drop 40 degrees! It's a fun drive!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I travelled from Canada and couldn't ask for a more amazing experience. It was a new hotel and was in awe of the beauty. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always greeted me with a smile.

The food was exceptional at Camacho's, The Original Pancake House, TGI Friday's and MRKT. The movie theatre was spectacular and brought out the kid in me at the little arcade centre. When it was time to play the slots it was tons of fun. One of the staff came over and signed me up for the casino card (which I still have). He was very friendly and couldn't ask for anything more. The rooms were perfect, the bed was sooo comfy had the best sleep ever and loved the shower so much I didn't want to get out. I did end up with food poisioning the first night from bad food from the airport. I wish the gift shop was open 24/7 so I could have bought some medicine.

The only down side was that there was no shuttle service included. It was quite costly using a car service to take me to the hotel from the airport then back to the strip when I went then back to the hotel then back to the airport. Also, I was a little not impressed that no lifeguard showed up for over an hour when the pool was to open at 8am. But I sucked it up and went back to my room. The pool should be open later though. I would have loved to have gone for a late night swim.

I would definately go back and stay longer 5 nights was not long enough. I give it 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hiphoplover
New York
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We spent a whole week here in August. Found the location to be an easy drive to the strip. It is also a gret jumping off point to I -15 up to Zion and down to Boulder. The pool is done up to the max and all the staff from front desk to casino are helpful and pleasent. The rooms reflect the young age of the hotel. We are world travelers and have found few hotels to be as easy and pleasant.

W Haight
Albany NY

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sid313
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Hotel is nice and clean. The location is in North Las Vegas and we stayed here for location near family. However, they require one night stay pre-paid and this is apparently a license to treat you poorly. Our room was ready over an hour AFTER check-in (3 PM) and we were offered NOTHING for our wait. We even asked for a discount equal to the charge if we stayed that far past check-out. Nothing. Not even a free glass of water while we waited. Also, they aparently sell pool access to locals so forget about a chair. 200+ people with arm bands crowded the pool while guests lose out. Food was OK. I wouldnt stay here again. They might have more guests with better customer service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank btnusa
bryan, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I have receipts that show My total bill should have been $360.92, which we paid in advance. Paid bill states we paid room taxes and fees, plus room cost. When we checked out we were charged another $16.79 a night plus TAX2 for a total of $67.16. Gosh this is what Vegas ,Com was to save us. Now the Hotels and Agents of theirs are even giving false claims to get customers. The Hotel was nice, food great, and employees nice. Why does Aliante and Vegas.com have to run a scam. Its stupid and a good way to not get customers back. I do not like to get cheated. Its the principle not the extra money. Hum I wonder about other things, when I get cheated

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
colorado springs, co
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Had to stay at this hotel for business reason. Arrived early and was able to check around 12 pm. The rooms are are a bit small, but really dont mind since I was a solo traveler. I did have couple of complains. The vent blows directly on the bed so can be a bit chilly. In the bathroom most hotels have drinking cups for you, not here. (Interesting) Other than those small things the room was great.
The casino is very nice with reasonable tables and good set of resturants to go with them. You will need a car if you plan on going down to the strip, it is about 20 plus miles. I did hit the pool a couple days witch was fine, not that many people but lots of sun.

I think this a good hotel, i dont see spending long vacation there due to the small rooms. Other than that I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My wife and I loved it, The staff was 2nd to none, the rooms are great, and the food was the best. There gambling experience is the best in Las Vegas, the best odds and comps. We stayed for two nites and they where happy to comp our stay and meals. Our casino host is the greatest.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#11 of 262 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa? Share your experiences!