“The Aliante Hotel Casino, Las Vegas, Review.”

Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in North Las Vegas
Woodland, California
“The Aliante Hotel Casino, Las Vegas, Review.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

First of all, I love Station Casinos. Visit Vegas and play at one. Make sure you use a Station Casino player's card. Earn points. Depending on how much you play, you'll even get free rooms; like us. That's why I love them. That's why we keep going back. I have stayed at The Red Rock Station Casino, The Sunset and now for the first time, The Aliante. So....what did I think??

You can read my full review on my Blog:

The Exterior

The Aliante Hotel. The casino entrance is just to the left. You can pull up in valet. Valet parking is almost ALWAYS free. You just need to tip. The elevator is right inside to the rooms. If you travel light, you won't need the bellmen to help.

The Aliante. As you can see here is about 9 stories high. Very small, especially compared to their sister hotel The Red Rock. As much as I adore the Red Rock, it was nice to have the small intimate feeling here at The Aliante.

Extremely well kept pristine grounds.

Gorgeous cacti and desert vegetation everywhere.

Just to the left of the hotel entrance. This is a small parking space for quests to unload if not using valet. There were also many handicap spaces here. You'll find a small food court and as you can see form the awnings a nice new TGIF. We enjoyed a meal at Fridays and the food and service was great. The Feast Buffet was great, just like the Red Rock, but not as crowded!!!

View from the left. Keep in mind we checked in around 12 noon. A room was ready. When I requested a pool view, at noon this was the best he could do. Now, if you have been to Vegas you know that on the Strip you will often be charged at least $60 more for a view. So, I am not going to complain! The view was fine. Besides, I didn't want to look at the pool, I wanted to just be in it.

The Hotel Lobby

Hotel Lobby, entrance behind Stan and Lucas. Nice, open and modern. Valet desk is behind them.

Exploring the lobby. Registration was to the right. The elevators straight ahead. To go to the pool you come right out of the elevators and head out those doors behind Stan. Easy and convenient.

The lobby was nice, with it's over-sized elegant objects and sleek feel.

The elevators. We never had wait, since there were only a few floors. Another nice advantage to a smaller hotel. By the way....in the morning just past the elevators....fresh coffee bar. Help yourself. Make a nice coffee, the way you like and head over to the casino! That's what I did. Pays to be the morning bird. I got to go down and gamble every morning. I am convinced the slots are better than too.

Rooms

We had a two queen non-smoking room. The rooms are perfect. They aren't huge, but all you need. Modern and clean.

Here you can see the bed close up. funky pillows and nice reading lights.

Again, small, modern and simple. Nothing to blow your mind, but everything you need. I liked that the TV swiveled and that there was a desk. I always take my laptop with me. Resort fees were about $12 a day and it includes internet. Most places charge that or more and it doesn't include the internet. Always check before booking in Vegas. Ask about the resort fee.

Very small bathroom as you can see (see picture). Not many towels. Exactly four for the four of us. The first night we had no hand towels. The towels themself....very small. Not much bigger than a hand towel. I like the big huge beach towel wrap around you twice type you get in most 4 star hotels. These towels weren't good at all. The tub was nice and deep, though. Great for a bubble bath. At 5 feet tall, though....hard to get in and out of. If you are elderly, forget it. To get Lucie in we had to lift her. This didn't pose any major problems for us, but I can see where it might. Could be very dangerous.

Again, modern elegant and everything you need...just small. I have a love hate/relationship with the magnifying mirrors at hotels. Depressing, mind opening and I am thinking....maybe necessary. I believe there is a small light over the toilet, but it wasn't working for us, so the bathroom was super bright and we had to just put the make-up mirror on for a relaxing bath. Bring bubble bath, candles, etc. It's a very nice soak.

The Pool

The pool is a very important part of our stays in Vegas. We will not stay where the pool is bad. We love the pool, we go almost every morning with the kids and we want to feel like we are on vacation in some far away tropical spot while at the pool. I know. I know. I have said it before, but the pool at the Aliante is SMALL. However, keep in mind that there aren't many rooms here, so it wasn't crowded and again JUST right. Beautiful surroundings. I knew it wouldn't be like the Red Rock pool ( huge with water fountain in the center, etc.) But, really it was just as nice.

I mean, what's not to love? This could be anywhere. That's what I am always telling people. We come to Vegas every year. It costs a fraction of the price of flights for the four of us, rooms for the four us, in some exotic country far away, etc. So, this is why we take the kids to Vegas. We love the pools. All morning long with our hotel newspaper and mimosa or two, a Bloody Mary, you name it. By the way....the drinks were fantastic and you'll pay half of what you have to pay on the strip or even at the Red Rock. In Vegas I usually pay at least $21 for a drink at the pool. Here they were $10. LOVE it.

This is a salt water pool. I loved it. Wasn't harsh on our suits or hair. Can be harsh on your eyes, so goggles were great for the kids. There were three or four little spray fountains up and down the pool. The kids had fun with those. Can you see them behind Lucie? The cabanas were great. People renting them for the day were obviously enjoying them. Indoor/outdoor seating, a TV, etc. We might do that the next time. It's very easy to stay at the pool all day!

Other Things To Mention
There is a Starbucks a block away.
There is a huge public park a block away with water features, a huge play structure, a water fall and geese. It's a great spot to walk if it's cool.
There is a Winco supermarket and a Target Greatland not to far from the hotel.
Service was great on the casino floor in the evenings....grab coffee in the morning. Service was VERY slow.
If you have a car in Vegas, I highly recommend The Aliante. It's about 15-20 minutes from The Strip, but, we have learned to really appreciate that. The Aliante would be a perfect spot for girlfriends, families and seniors. Don't come here if you are looking for a wild time...you'll be bored and disappointed. If you want to get away from it, not pay and arm and leg and be close enough to enjoy The Las Vegas Strip when you want to....The Aliante is for you.

3 Thank Shabby B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
NYC
Reviewed May 29, 2012

...it is located in North Las Vegas, which is about 30 minutes away from the strip. So you will need a rental car.

(Bonus tip: check out the yelp.com reviews of Budget rental car in Las Vegas before you book through them. They will use every trick in the book to overcharge you for insurance.)

The drive from the airport to the hotel is a little disconcerting for first time visitors, because you will feel as though you are driving away from the city and out into the desert. It's actually a very beautiful drive with mountains to view in the daytime and amazing stars to view at night. The view of the city lights at night is also very romantic. You will be tempted to pull-over and appreciate the view. The hotel is located in a more suburban area surrounded by new housing developments and businesses like CVS and Starbucks. Most of the casino patrons are locals. Aliante markets specifically towards locals. All of this means a few things for the first time visitor like me:

1) Great value for out-of-towners who stay at the hotel. As I said, Aliante Station caters to locals, who sleep at home, so you can get a great deal if you stay in the hotel. We used Groupons and stayed 5 nights (Sunday through Friday) for $210 including taxes and fees (this included two $25 token chips and two coupons for buffet breakfast for 2). Without the Groupon, I could have booked an internet rate for about $50 per night, including taxes and fees. The breakfast buffet is only $4.99 and is very satifsying with made-to-order omelettes, spanish style breakfast, and all the regulars including bacon, sausage, chicken-fried-steak, biscuits, home fries, hashbrowns, pancakes, waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, bagels, and my favorite breakfast - ice cream! Other dining choices include Mexican, Italian, TGIF and a fast-food court. There is also a trendy bar, but it seemed empty whenever I walked by.

2) This place is clean and feels almost brand new, especially the pool area, which is quite nice. And most importantly, the pool is never crowded. Unlike the pools in the strip hotels, where people are packed-in like sardines, the pool at Aliante Station never had more than 20 people at any single time. But it still has a large pool, bar, music, cabanas, and everything else you would expect from a casino hotel. There is a gym. Free Wi-fi. My only small complaint was that in order to use my Groupons consecutively, I had to check-in and check-out every 2 days. That was a little annoying because it meant I couldn't sleep past check-out time at noon on those days.

3) I'm not much of a gambler so I can't give you much in-depth analysis here but the casino seemed nice and comparable to anything I saw on the strip in terms of quality. No smoky smell. Everything is new. The one thing that is missing is the "fervent activity" that you see in the some of the strip casinos, but that isn't something I really enjoy anyway. I played poker for a couple of hours at a 1-2 no-limit hold'em table with mostly locals.

4) Relatively easy access to the strip via highway. Like I said, you are about 30 minutes away from the strip. So you can't just walk out of your casino and be in the hustle and bustle of the strip. But its very convenient to just go down to the strip for a show and/or dinner. That was basically our modus operandi for our trip. Daytime = visiting local areas like Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, and Night time = show and dinner somewhere on the strip. You just have to plan ahead to make your show in time. We left 1 hour ahead. So 1/2 hour to drive to the strip and 1/2 hour to find parking and walk to the theater.

5) This is the perfect hotel for people who also want to get out of Las Vegas. Since you are already half-way out of the city, you can access all of the great places surrounding Las Vegas much easier. I highly recommend going to Red Rock Canyon which is only about 30 minutes away. Also I highly recommend driving through Lake Mead National Recreation Area on the way to Hoover Dam. Take the scenic route through the mountains and desert. A trip to the Grand Canyon will take all day (5 hours each way) but well worth it if you have never been there before. Maybe even consider staying there overnight if you have enough time.

So that's about it. This is a perfect hotel for couples (like us) that are visiting Las Vegas for the first time who want to get out and see some desert landscape and other natural wonders, but still partake in the craziness of the Las Vegas strip. I think it would be ideal for couples with kids too.

I live in NYC and the strip feels a lot like Times Square, which is not a place that I would want to spend a lot of time in. But that's just me. If you are going to Las Vegas for that frenetic, 24-7 activity, then you should stay somewhere on the strip. If you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere with less cost, I think Aliante Station in North Las Vegas is a great choice. You just have to know what you are getting into, otherwise you may be disappointed when you get there.

Another option we considered is renting an RV and staying in campgrounds. That's what we're going to do next time.

On a side note, North Las Vegas was at one time the most rapidly growing county in the United States due to the housing boom. And of course, now they are suffering the severe after-effects of the housing bubble pop. So what you see there is a lot of infrastructure anticipating more development that never materialized. The infrastructure can support a much larger population, but that population never came. But you know, as they say, if you build it, they will come. Maybe in 10-20 years, North Las Vegas will be a bustling metropolis. It's all very interesting from a sociological/economic point of view. I think it would be a great place to retire. Nice homes around Aliante were going for $150 to $250K. I would eat at the Aliante buffet breakfast everyday! :)

So, in summary and once again, the most important thing to know about this place is that it is in North Las Vegas, about 30 minutes away from the strip.

And also again and very importantly, DON'T USE BUDGET RENTAL CAR in Las Vegas. I will exaplain why in another review.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Behindthemountains
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on our last trip. The rooms are large, modern, clean and well equipped.The bathroom is nicely set out and large but the beds are the hotels' downfall. They are uncomfortable and set with such small pillows that we were unable to get much sleep. Being unable to get the room temperature to stay reasonably cool was impossible as the A/C seemed to have a mind of its own , so not a good visit.
The pool is lovely, but we were very irritated to be told this year that we could not take our own cans of soft drink into the area. Last year that was not a problem but now you have to buy from their bar at over $9 a drink or get iced water free from the towel kiosk.
The resort fee is high but included free buffet breakfast which you book back to your room. Luckily I checked the bill when we checked out and we were being charged for our breakfasts. Obviously this happens quite a lot because the chap on the desk seemed very unsurprised when I commented and took them off the bill. Also on our way out I noticed a card on the check-in-desk, listing what you got included in the resort fee.Wi-fi included but according to the main hotel guide in the room which we always go through,Wi-fi was charged separately and at quite a high rate. It would be nice if the book was kept up to date with their changes so that visitors know where they stand.
Just thought another "bed" problem. The mattress sits in a wooden base with very sharp corners. I still have the bruise two weeks on!!
Quite a long way out of the city but once you get your bearings only about a 20 minute trip back. Plenty of eateries in and close to.

Room Tip: Check the A/C
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Lots of extras. Resort fee is basically saying "were the hotel, if you book here you are the idiot, because we are stealing from you....and we are ok with that.

Nice hotel, but we won't do this again.

Drop the fee....for shame!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank marco1234_2011
Elko, Nevada
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel was off the strip, rooms were modern and comfortable with a huge bath tub. Stayed on the eighth floor. The pool and the bar next to it were awesome. Lots of restaurant choices.. quick service, sit-down, or buffet. Everyone was friendly. The fitness center was awesome, with all the cardio machines one could want with free wights and weight machines. I didn't miss a workout!

Durham, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed one night at the Aliante Station. Great room for less than $60 a night!! We ate at TGIF's and had a good meal. We gambled a little that night and found the slot machines to be in our favor! Went back over another night to eat and gamble. Had a great time with friends. Will stay again when in N. Las Vegas!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmsnider
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed at the Aliante for 2 days during our most recent trip to LV. It was a great location for our trips to Valley of Fire State Park( AMAZING) and Mt. Charleston- easy access to highways, The staff was great! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The property is relatively new and everything is in good shape. The pool area was beautiful and very relaxing. We then went to the strip and spent 2 nights there but I kind of wish we had stayed at Aliante the whole time! Probably will next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Las Vegas
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#45 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa? Share your experiences!