“Not what we expected,Never again!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Charleston
Mt. Charleston Lodge
Reviewed November 20, 2004

The Mountain was great. Lots of scenery, but an easy drive to Las Vegas.
We planned to stay two nights but the cabin (#23) was cold and well worn. Hot tub would have been nice if you care to wait 45 minutes and then it wouldn't be hot? Television, not, it did not work nor did the remotes that were supplied. The bed was comfortable if you did not mind the car alarms at one and three in the morning. (This is the local watering hole) The glass doors on the gas fireplace were ripped off and laying on the floor (there was instructions on the fireplace to not operate unless you close the doors for venting purposes) No hair dryer in the bathroom. The website shows a great view of the mountains but all we viewed was the backside of another cabin. All in all it was over priced and not what we expected.I brought this up to the pesron in charge but I was reminded of the 48 hour cancellation policy?? We left and stayed in the Paris that night for less than it cost the stay in that noisy cold cabin. Never again!!

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed June 7, 2004

Thank God for Mount Charleston as the escape destination for worn out Las Vegas residents!! I always enjoy camping in Lee Canyon, but when the campgrounds are closed, or I just don't have the energy the scrape together the camping gear... a night or two in a comfortable cabin is perfect! My wife and I both enjoy peaceful (and or romantic!) nights in a Mount Charleston Lodge cabin. We bring a telescope and some jeans for horse riding. The lodge can also arrange a horse drawn sleigh or wagon, depending on the season. The fireplace and jacussi tubs mellow things out, and you can bury yourselves under thick comforters in the rustic, oversized sleigh beds. I would rather spend the night in a Lodge cabin than in a room where I work on the strip (you know, the casino with the big lake...) My favorite meals at the Lodge are when lit up evening snows swirl outside the large restaurant picture windows.
If you want a great escape, this is the place. If you have a nature, or "peace and quite" alergy, just stay away!

• Stayed: June 2004
13  Thank Danny H
las vegas, nv
Reviewed March 24, 2004

Me and my partner along with our dog spent the night at the lodge about a month ago. What a great night!!. We arrived around 3pm and the mountain was just covered in fresh snow. We were given cabin 21 which has the greatest view. Our room had a fireplace, large jacuzzi tub, balcony and a great feel. We checked in then went for drinks at the lodge. We then went on a long strole with our dog, returned and got ready for dinner (Again at the lodge) The food was great the service was exellent and the staff were just wonderful. Anyone looking for a relaxing de-stresser away from the city has got to do this!! Trust me you wont be sorry!

Mark Fletcher

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed February 9, 2004

My boyfriend and I escape to the lodge as much as possible. Even if we stay just one night we always leave feeling very rejuvinated. It's a perfect place for R and R.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Henderson, NV
Reviewed January 15, 2004

Very cute, romantic cabins. I got married at the other hotel at Mt.
Charleston (Mt. Charleston Hotel) and I loved it for food and the wedding, but the lodge is much, much nicer to stay in. Large in-room jacuzzi and log cabin feel made it a great place for our first anniversary. Don't even consider the hotel, stay here!!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alton,IL
Reviewed November 22, 2003

Mt.Charleston is a must see,if your in Vegas for any length of time. The Mt.Charleston Lodge has been around for many many years! I started going there with friends,back in the 60"s. It was alot differance then,but has only improved with time and popularity. I love to sit around the fireplace and drink hot chocolate in the winter time,and listen to the German band,The Dumbkolf!! Its fun when everyone gets up and polka's. When the weather is nice and your able to sit out on the decks and have Breakfast,lunch or dinner. The mountains are breathtaking,its a sight to behold. I plan on going there for a day this winter again.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2003

We stayed at the Log Cabins in Mt. Charleston. The restautant food was very good. The employees were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The gift shop was sufficient and had some wonderful items. The view was breathtaking. They also have at Christmas time horse drawn sleigh rides for the public. A wonderful way to enjoy the great outdoors and yet have the comfort of indoor pleasure.Arlene

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#40 of 264 in Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Summerlin Tech
The Resort on Mount Charleston
#1 of 1 in Mount Charleston

Been to Mt. Charleston Lodge? Share your experiences!