“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Pine Grove, California
“Nice stay”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in a double bed deluxe room very nice. We enjoyed Kates resturant. Only down side was soggy nachos. Our Grandson was with us and it would have been nice to have a few arcade games for him to play,also veido games in every room would be nice. The bed was comfy and the room was nice and had been recently remodeled. we went to the Pool and SPA and one family had the whole area taken up.It would be nice if they keep children under 14 out of the SPA area. Otherwise well worth the trip. THE ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN. Thank you Doris and Dennis PS no room service :(

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor if you want to be by the POOL.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Marbleton, Wyoming
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Typical hotel-casino room here. Nice accommodations, hot tub, spa, gambling, and food. Just be careful of the shower. It's such a strong stream that it may take off small body parts! Get to the food early on weekends, we had a good half hour wait to be seated and the Country Kitchen.

Tracy, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were in the area for a wedding and decided to stay here. A great choice! The hotel has a casino, restaurant, coffee shop, indoor pool and spa complex, and some of the most comfortable beds you are ever going to sleep in - in a hotel setting. The restaurant food was very good and plentiful. I would bet against anyone who claimed they could down the 'giant ham steak' they serve with breakfast. It fed four of us, and the bear claws in Job's coffee shop were just the icing on the cake with your morning cup of joe. They were huge and yummy. The hotel also offers valet parking as well. The staff was super-friendly and very helpful. Just make sure that you are booked into the main hotel and not the "motor lodge" which is a long walk or shuttle ride to the hotel with all the amenities. But if you can't get into the main hotel, stay there anyway, because everything else is "first class".

A GREAT place to stay. for more than a day!

P.S.....look for 'Shorty' when you get there....he is the doorman....all 7 feet of him. His smile, personality, and hard work are indicative of the great times that await inside.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the main hotel. If your reservation says "Carson Valley Motor Lodge...
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

UPDATE from 2010 review: I recently stayed 2 nights at the Carson Valley Inn to visit friends in the area. I used to stay at the Historian before it closed (then reopened) and once stayed at the Motor Inn years ago where I was very disappointed with the rooms, cleanliness etc. This review is of the Inn and Casino and is the first time I stayed in the hotel/casino since it was renovated and under new management. I have to say I was very impressed. I have long enjoyed the other facilities at CVI including the wonderful Steak house and of course Katie's is always fantastic. I had a room on the 3rd floor which I would suggest to anyone who is sensitive to cigarette smoke or the smell of smoke. The hotel does an ok job with air exchange in the hallways but as you get closer to the Casino area, the smell of smoke is stronger and more evident. I never smelled smoke in the room or in any of the restaurants. I am very sensitive to that issue and it was never bad enough to make me leave or consider not staying there. That said, beware that the Hotel does allow smoking in the Casino (which I think is a shame). The rooms are very large, clean and the bed linens soft and very comfortable. The bath towels are large and fluffy. The showers are ok but they have those shower heads that save water and so you have to stand under the shower twice as long to get clean..I can never figure out how that saves water. The amenities in the room are good. I would have liked better lighting in the bathroom, a full length mirror somewhere in the room and bathrobes...which were not available. I especially loved the convenience of the small coffee shop which serves the best coffee ever and also freshly baked goods that are warm and homemade…truly 1st rate. Try the unbelievable homemade macaroons or the real cream cheese Danish. Some of the best I have ever had. Make sure you get there early in the morning because the best delicacies sell out fast. I loved the convenience of walking downstairs for a coffee and warm danish to take back to the room. Of course, no one should miss the chance to eat at the Steakhouse. I have to say, I live in Los Angeles and I think the Steakhouse at CVI is the best restaurant in town by far. In fact, I think it could stand on its own among the best in LA, including Maestros in Beverly Hills…without the crazy prices. The room is lovely...service is amazing (ask for Chris as your waiter). Make sure to try the famous Au Gratin potatoes there. You will never go hungry at CVI. Overall a very enjoyable and comfortable stay. I just wish they would cut out the cigarettes…it would take the facility to another level.

Room Tip: Choose 3rd floor for less smoke smell
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cmandell
San Rafael, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have been staying at the Carson Valley Inn (CVI) for many years before and after it's new ownership. It has now been upgraded with better facilities both rooms and dining areas. It is a low key hotel that has a small but comfortable casino area. It has one drawback, and that is, it does not offer senior discounts for rooms, unless your a "card carrying Member". We don't gamble that much and we do not rack up "points of play" consequently we don't earn any "freebie points" for room discounts. It is easy to find since it is directly on HWY 395. The Inn also offers a motel as well which is located adjacent to the hotel as well as RV facilities. It us a good place to stay with children since you are not forced to go through a casino to reach the rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main highway to reduce the noise level
Martinez, California, Usa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been visiting the Carson Valley Inn since it opened, almost 30 years ago and I must say, it is as nice as it has always been. The hotel and casino were refurbished within the last two years and several items upgraded. Everything is refreshed and you wouldn't know they have been there for almost 30 years. The personnel are as nice and accommodating as ever, treating everyone like they've known you for years. Katie's is still great, wonderful food and you can't beat the prices. It gets busy, especially on the weekends as it's a locals favorite as well. Did not get to try CV Steakhouse (used to be Michael's), but I'm sure it's great as well. Great smaller casino with (just about) all the games and again, great staff (even had some luck this trip - but you know they did't build the place on winners!). Highly recommend staying at the Carson Valley Inn if you are anywhere in the Carson Valley for business, pleasure or just passing through. It's also a great place to stay for skiing at Kirkwood or the Nevada side of Heavenly!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are especially nice. Even numbered rooms are on the front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick Y
American in Bogota
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a deluxe 2 queen room and my sister a regular 2 queen room and they were both ok, I kind of liked the furniture layout in her room better (more counter space and chairs). All rooms are fairly dark and dimly lit, even in the bathroom, but they are spacious, clean and beds were decent with soft sheets. My biggest complaint was that although we were on a non-smoking floor (3rd) the smoke from the casino was everywhere. We even kept our window open to let fresh air in. If you're bothered by smoke this is not the place for you.

Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minden
1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Carson Valley Inn? Share your experiences!