“Carson Valley Inn surprise”
Review of Carson Valley Inn

Carson Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked our room through Expedia and when I checked in at the hotel was told that "because we booked through Expedia we were automatically booked at the Motor Lodge. On the Expedia reservation site it states; "All guests must check in at the Carson Valley Inn.Guestrooms are located in both the hotel building and the motor lodge building, approximately 300 yards (274 meters) away.

We would have like to have stayed in the main hotel building and my suggestion would be to make that more clear on the site. Surprises like that are not good. The room was basic, but within easy walking distance to the main area. The only bummer about walking is, after you go swimming, you have to walk back to your hotel wet...= cold when windy.The pool temp was really nice, but the hot tub was luke warm. It says it's like 100 degrees, but not even close...maybe 85. In the morning, we were the only ones in the pool area, and that was relaxing and quiet. What makes this hotel above average is the staff and the entertainment. Period. The staff at Minden are superior. Everyone is really nice, especially the bartenders closest to the stage where the band Decades was playing. Decades is fabulous. We traveled 4 hours just to see them, and it's completely worth it. Great energy,talent and just pure FUN. Almost all of them sing, play a variety of instruments, and you can't help but dance and sing along! They know how to perform! You can tell the staff loves them too! As long as they keep having Decades play, we'll be back...but next time I'll be sure to book a room in the main lobby. Book early, the place can sell out pretty quick!

Room Tip: If it matters to you, before you make your reservation be sure you know if your room is located in t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chicocabaret
cvimatt, Manager at Carson Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello: We're apologize there was some confusion about your room location in our Motor Lodge. We try to be as complete as we can given the level of communication Expedia will allow. One clarification is that guests booking for Expedia are not automatically booked into the Motor Lodge. We want potential guests to have available all of our options for various rooms. I think what happened is It appears that our main hotel room types may have been entirely sold out during your stay. That's why it wouldn't have appeared on the Expedia booking engine. Without the guest's name and dates of stay it is difficult to be sure this was the case, but that would explain why the other room types were not available on Expedia. We are very sorry this happened. Please contact hotel management for further clarification or your next stay. We'll take care of you!! Thanks.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

CVI was our host and launching point for a two-day golf tournament and awards banquet. The facilities were great all the way around, from the comfortable rooms, casual and upscale dining, casino and the banquet food and facilities. Staff were gracious and helpful. The effort on my part to arrange the colf courses and banquet details was minial, as CVI handled the majority of the details. I would not hesitate to hold another event here, and I will definitely put this place on the list of weekend get aways for my wife and I.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is my wife and I's third stay at the Carson Valley Inn and it continues to be a great place to stay. We had an upgraded king, non-smoking room, that was every bit as nice, in fact the bathroom was nicer, than New York New York, Las Vegas, where we stayed the previous two nights.

Of course this establishment is not NYNY but its great for its size and is a great value.

The staff are very friendly, courteous, and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to adults only. Not much there for kids.

Try it, you'll like it:v)

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get an upgraded room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imcookn
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here and the second time we glad we did. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and their main restaurant: Katie's Country Kitchen is a place the locals choose to eat. And for good reasons, the food is good. Staffs go out of their way to make the guest fell welcome, and they go out of their way to accommodate the guest’s requests. My recommendation is stay here if you are going to spend a few days in Tahoe, or a few days in the Minden area. Once you spend a night or two here you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarrellRS
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very nice place to stay, standard room is good size and was spotless. It was also very quiet considering the large number of people in the place. Every employee I ran into was very friendly and helpful. The casino was lots of fun (except I lost gambling) they have live music almost every night, lots of slot machines and 21 tables as well, join the players club to win extra prizes. I ate at both restaurants at the CV Inn, Katies Kitchen is open 24/7 and serve good food and service, I also had dinner at the CV Steak House and had an excellent dinner with excellent service as well. The cocktails at both bars were great to. Overall had a wonderfull time at Carson Valley Inn, I will be going back very soon.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very nice and spacious, if you want a coffee maker in your room get a deluxe room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I got a good deal through booking.com, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the room was nicely furnished. Restaurant was reasonably priced. One of the biggest things was a non-smoking room and non-smoking restaurant and common areas, which isn't easy to find in places with casinos. We also used the pool and hot tub, which were well kept and provided towels. Side note: the mountain view from the hot tub was beautiful. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RME68
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We always stay here because its clean, a little quiet, ok sized room, and the casino is fun. I don't know what it is about front desk workers but they seem too business like and I'm talking about every hotel I've stayed at not just this hotel. We ate at the cafe. I had the prime rib which was surprisingly tender and the sundae was satisfying. We didn't win at the casino but it was still enjoyable. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardnerville

Been to Carson Valley Inn? Share your experiences!