I booked our room through Expedia and when I checked in at the hotel was told that "because we booked through Expedia we were automatically booked at the Motor Lodge. On the Expedia reservation site it states; "All guests must check in at the Carson Valley Inn.Guestrooms are located in both the hotel building and the motor lodge building, approximately 300 yards (274 meters) away.
We would have like to have stayed in the main hotel building and my suggestion would be to make that more clear on the site. Surprises like that are not good. The room was basic, but within easy walking distance to the main area. The only bummer about walking is, after you go swimming, you have to walk back to your hotel wet...= cold when windy.The pool temp was really nice, but the hot tub was luke warm. It says it's like 100 degrees, but not even close...maybe 85. In the morning, we were the only ones in the pool area, and that was relaxing and quiet. What makes this hotel above average is the staff and the entertainment. Period. The staff at Minden are superior. Everyone is really nice, especially the bartenders closest to the stage where the band Decades was playing. Decades is fabulous. We traveled 4 hours just to see them, and it's completely worth it. Great energy,talent and just pure FUN. Almost all of them sing, play a variety of instruments, and you can't help but dance and sing along! They know how to perform! You can tell the staff loves them too! As long as they keep having Decades play, we'll be back...but next time I'll be sure to book a room in the main lobby. Book early, the place can sell out pretty quick!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carson Valley Inn is a full service hotel/casino located in Minden, Nevada 15 miles south of Carson City and 20 minutes from world class skiing at Heavenly at Tahoe. We are 25 minutes from the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. The Carson Valley Inn has been completely remodeled in the last 5 years. Our casino features table games, live poker, 600 slots and Race and Sports Book. We have two lounges, one with free live entertainment nightly. Our main hotel features a pool, spas, business center and fitness facility. WE have free Wifi. For our value conscious guests we have a motor lodge adjacent to the main hotel. We also have an RV Resort featuring full hook-ups and shower facilities. There is a laundromat. Restaurants: In CV Steak, enjoy great dining, exceptional value and a comfortable atmosphere perfect for a special occasion, casual gathering with friends, or a let's-not-cook-tonight escape. Katie's Country Kitchen, our 24-hour coffee shop has a comfortable atmosphere, generous menu selections, and value-packed specials that makes this restaurant a favorite among locals and hotel and RV park guests. Katie's Nightly Dinner Specials. Stop by Job's Perk for morning coffee, pastries, sandwiches, afternoon snacks and wine. The Carson Valley Inn has 6000 square feet of meeting space and TJ's Corral is our concert venue featuring some of the biggest names in country and rock & roll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Carson Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Valley Hotel Minden
- Carson Valley Minden
- Carson Valley Inn Minden
- Carson Valley Inn Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Minden, NV