“GREAT Value”

Katie's Country Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Minden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“GREAT Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very good food for a small price. Service great too. Saturday breakfast deal awesome (with $2.50 Mimosa or Bloody Mary). What a way to start the day.

Visited March 2013

Moscow, Russia
“FRENCH TOAST!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food was amazing! How the cheif made the dinner for my family was enjoyable. How mouth watering the food made me...YUM!! I was so happy to taste the french toast

Visited February 2013
Minden, Nevada
“TASY FOOD -- GOOD PRICES”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I eat here frequently. Breakfast or lunch are our usual times and the food is consistently good. There is a wide variety/ It is solid eating in an open and busy atmosphere. For dinner, I prefer the more formal CVI Steakhouse, but I'm sure that Katie's quality holds with the dinner menu , too.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MindenJim
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Katies - Not the Same”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Katies breakfasts are good and their prime rib is superb! But since the new owners, the quality has diminished extremly of most of their menu. Even the wonderful bread they would serve has changed recipes...good, but not the same.

They have remodeled the restaurant, made it more open and it's a nice atmosphere. Great for families.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Felidae_purr
Truckee, California
“Possibly the worst food I've ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm not someone to purposely post negatives, particularly on a first visit when I don't know if the chef may be having a bad day, etc, but our recent experience at this restaurant almost requires me to warn others. I am not a food expert nor regularly seek out high-end cuisine, and have eaten at many roadside cafes, motel restaurants and 'holes-in-the-wall'. The food I had at this restaurant is among the worst, if not the worst, of any.

My wife and I live a few hours drive from this resort, and within the past few months have seen many ads about the new decor, new chef, new menu, and millions of dollars in upgrades. Last week while in the area we stopped in about 6PM. The restaurant was busy, but not overwhelmed and there were many tables available. The menu offered many comfort and locally popular dishes. I ordered the grilled sole, baked potato, salad; my wife the grilled salmon with salad. At the last minute I added an appetizer of nachos. A few minutes later two typical dinner salads arrived, both so wilted the lettuce drooped on our forks and the tomatoes were wrinkled and mushy. Shortly afterward, the waiter returned with a dish of tortilla chips covered with neon-yellow imitation liquid cheese, a few slices of pickled jalapenos on the top and a dash of wilted chopped tomatoes. It was hardly edible and after a few bites we had to set it aside. I wouldn't have expected that level of quality at a high school football stadium.

A few minutes later our entrees arrived, the vegetables on both overcooked to a shapeless mush (at one time they were fresh cut) and tasting old and stale. My sour cream had been sitting in the container so long water had formed along the top and in a film on the sides. My wifes rice was plain white rice. My baked potato overcooked and dry, but not too bad. Both our fish entrees were well cooked, but with no spices or flavor other than a slight breading on the sole. We hated to waste the food, and spend the money, but much of our dinner was left behind. Still, later than night and into the next morning I had stomach cramps and indigestion.

The waiter and busgirl were very good, however, always nearby and taking away our plates as soon as we were finished. I would have loved this to be a positive experience, but in all truth I'm just happy neither my wife or I became physically ill.

• Visited October 2012