“Terrible Customer Service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Minden
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Needed to cancel my reservation by 4pm. Called Best Western Minden at 3:50. They tell me they can't cancel the reservation, that I have to call the corporate number.

I call the corporate number, and by the time they pull up my reservation it's 4:01, and they say they need approval from Minden to do the cancellation. Minden denies the cancellation because it's 1...minute...late.

I hear back from corporate the next day: Minden still refuses to honor my cancellation, so corporate is issuing me a refund since Minden is charging me for the full cost of the room.

I was relieved that the corporate office would go so far to keep up good customer service despite the terrible local service from Minden. Nevertheless, I won't be giving that Best Western location my money again.

• Stayed: October 2008

Reviewed October 12, 2008

We had our house fumigated and wanted to get away from small little Palo Alto, CA so my dad drove to minden. They let pets in gereat! We got adjoining rooms (me and my sisters and one for my parents) They were great and extremely clean. However, the rooms were warm because the A/C was not on in neither rooms. The shower was soothing. It was also great because there was a park across the street for my dog to run around at. There are 2 vending machines in the hallways and laundry services. This Best Western had a variety of cable channels not just a couple basic ones. The Fan on the A/C works well! Early in the morning, I was too cold. I started to pace around my room and our dog came in and jumped in my bed. I banged into the microfridge and microwave oven combo (I forgot to mention). The continental breakfast was good, but a little basic. (but hey its free!) We did not go into the pool area but it looked clean!

I will definitely want to stay here again
good job Best Western Minden!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Look Elsewhere! Do not subject yourself or your family to this establishment. Besides a dirty room, plugged toilet in room when we arrived, and poorly kept breakfast (I have had much better at other best westerns) – The topper was being electrocuted by a shorted light cord (Thought the sparks and flames in the room was the only exciting thing about this place), which blew the circuit in the room. There was no manager on duty so an Individual reported to be the owner came out and proceeded to insult myself and my family and berate me for getting him out of bed. We have pictures of the frayed cord with the burn marks. His argument is how dare we unplug the light to plug in our kids DVD player to charge. No apology, No are you alright, No concern – He Insisted on fixing the cord at night in room while my kids were sleeping (My guess to get rid of the shorted cord). What an embarrassment to the Best Western Chain – Fortunately there is a brand new Holiday Inn Express being built about ¼ mile away that will be ready in Fall of 2008, Carson City is only about 12 Miles away – Better & Cheaper rooms and more options as well – And Carson Valley Inn is always a local favorite. I know we will never stay here again, our Extended family which lives in the area will not, and I hope that you will not either. This location needs to learn what customer service involves, and more importantly safety of their guests. Hopefully fewer guests will cause them to reevaluate their priorities.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank dbakeraz
Reviewed July 22, 2008

After reading the mostly bad reviews for this place, we almost stayed elsewhere, but this turned out to be clean, with a very comfortable bed. Free wi-fi, average breakfast, good air conditioner. The one woman we did encounter checking in, etc. seemed very nice. This is within walking distance to several different restaurants, the movies, Starbucks, etc. Also, there's a great little park right across the street with a nice playground and a huge expanse of very thick grass. Our dog was welcome at this hotel, too.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2007

Someone needs to tell the management of this property that they're in a service industry. We arrived about 1:30 in the afternoon. I realize that the advertised check-in time is 3:00. I very politely said that I knew we were early, but was there any chance we could check in early? The desk clerk said "Your rooms are being cleaned." Since I was sure housekeeping started in the morning, and the parking lot was empty, I said "I'm sure SOME of the rooms are clean..." The response was (no eye contact)"My manager says we can't let people check in early". I can't see a valid reason for this policy. I see it as an indication of indifference, and I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank TTPCalifornian
Reviewed December 6, 2006

The room was adequate, if overpriced at $89, but I was subsequently billed for a taking a pillow from the room, which I most certainly did not do. An additional $35 showed up on my Visa bill and, when I called the motel to question the charge, I could never get in touch with the manager. After three attempts, I gave up on reaching him or having him return my call. I finally dealt with Best Western, who sent me a card worth the equivalent amount. I can't help but think it was a scam as the motel pillows are the cheap uncomfortable type that are certainly not worth stealing, much less $35. This happened in April 2006.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank coppertessie
A TripAdvisor Member
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed March 3, 2006

We were here for a funeral in Febuary of 2006 and the staff was very helpful. The clerk was very nice and friendly and went out of his way to make us as comfortable as possible. We will definately choose Best Western in the future.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Carson Valley Inn
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
Best Western Topaz Lake Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardnerville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!