Quality Inn & Suites
The Ridge Tahoe(Stateline)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslake tahoequiet at nightrooms are cleanwi ficerealmicrowavenvfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was very disappointing - small TV, "indoor-outdoor" -type carpet, low bed. There was no light in the main part of the room at all, not even a lamp. The only light came from above the vanity in the corner. If you wanted to see in your suitcase or purse, you had to go over by the vanity. A lot of the channels listed on the channel guide were not available.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Missi B
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here in the past and it was fine. This trip, after many years, was so bad my husband left. The room was nice and clean, but there was a fan of some sort in the roof or ceiling above his room. He called the desk and asked if it could be shut off, they said they would check into it. After some time and no relief, he called again. They sent maintenance over and they listened to the noise in his room. Again, they said they would try to quiet the fan. After another hour the fan still squealed on. He went to the desk and they said they could not shut it off or quiet it. He asked for another room and they declined. He opted to leave at midnight.
The mattress was old, lumpy and sagged in the middle, only one light worked, and the noise was terrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jettavroom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Rooms are clean and plenty big. If you book ahead or arrive early you can get a ground floor room where you can easily back up to the door to load in your gear. Hotel is back off US 395 so it is quiet. There is even a nice park for the kiddos out back. It is also close to restaurants and the nearby Cinema if you are working in the area long-term. My only complaint is that the Choice Hotels APP showed a rate about $15 lower that what was charged. I should have walked back out to the car and made the reservation on my phone before walking back in to get the room. Otherwise, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again when we return to the area. We'll just make our reservation earlier to get the lower rate.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We needed a pet friendly hotel and the Quality Inn and one other hotel came up on my internet search for the Minden/Gardnerville area. The other hotel's reviews were raving! One after another after another spoke of how fabulous and amazing and wonderful there hotel was. Right. As I read them it became clear they were being written by the same person and were phony. Thank God we discounted them and ended up at this Quality Inn because it was just fine, close to town, and less expensive than the one with so many great reviews.

The staff was VERY friendly despite their internet being affected by heavy rains. They allowed us an early check-in which was great since we were heading out of town to visit relatives and weren't sure when we'd return to town.

The room was clean and ours had a huge bathroom. There was also a fridge, microwave, ironing board, stuff like that. They have an outdoor pool but we didn't use it so I don't know if it was heated.

There was lots of room to walk our dog and there's a park just behind the hotel with a playground for kids. The pet fee for the hotel is $15.

The downside of the stay was having to use the room key to get the air/heat to work. I don't get why they make it so difficult. As soon as you remove the key from the wall the air/heat stops working and they only have one key per room.

Just the same the hotel was quiet, affordable and we had no problems.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This facility is nestled alongside a small park and indoor movie theater. Since it is almost a block
off to the west of 395, it is easy to miss. This motel runs at a slower place than some things in
Nevada, has no gambling equipment and comes with a small, but friendly staff. The rooms are
spacious and attractive. I liked the fact that this motel is right next to a dollar store and has a
Dairy Queen and Starbucks in the same area complex. The heating and cooling operation is
a bit unusual in that a room key needs to be inserted, in order for the system to run.

As they continue to upgrade this place, I suspect my rating will move to "very good" on my next
visit, in a year or so. I'm not a fan of motel breakfasts, and so have no comment on that area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south and west sides are usually the quieter ones.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business