“Consistently good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have eaten at Minden Food Co on several occasions and the meal has always been high quality and delicious. Nicely decorated restaurant with an inviting atmosphere. Good steaks, fish, pasta and chicken dishes. The saturday night rib special is wonderful. I would recommend the upstairs dining area if possible. The staff is friendly and chef Christophe makes the rounds to be sure the customers are pleased.

There are newer reviews for Minden Food Company

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Took out of town friends here as I had a gift certificate and heard it was good. I had made reservations for the upstairs. When I got there they told me they had already seated a party upstairs so we couldnt go up there. STRIKE ONE. We were seated and our waitress would not smile. She brought our beverages and some bread. We finished the bread and waitied for our salads and soup....time went by....we were asked if we wanted more bread, and yes we would...time went by.....our salads were brought and we again asked for our bread, our waitress informed us someone else was getting it. NOT if it takes 15 mins. STRIKE TWO. Our dinner came and for the ridiculous prices they charged I expected more. Salads/Soup were charged separtely as well. STRIKE THREE. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Felidae_purr
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Four of us dined there last evening and it was one of the most terrible dining experiences of my life. After two cocktails in the bar we were shown to our table and the waiter said he could not serve us anymore drinks until we ate because we had already had too much to drink, we were never so insulted in our lives. Then after ordering and our first course was served, my husband told the waiter that his onion soup was cold and the waiter told our friends that it was not, but he did take it to the kitchen and brought it back warmer. My husband tried it and did not finish because it was very salty, the waiter asked if anything was wrong with it and my husband said "it was not to my liking" and the waiter said he would tell the chef to check the pot! His pork chop was burned and my ravoli was so salty I could not finish them, our friends ordered crab cakes and did not finish them. The food was the worst we had ever had, the service was terrible besides being rude and it was very expensive.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The folks at Barone and Reed deliver a first class experience on Main
Street. Much attention is given to flavor and freshness with menu specials weekly. The staff is cordial, attentive yet not talkative and boring. I loved the wine selections from local wineries to delicious selections from around the world.
The theme of the restaurant is the wine country with beautiful hand-painted murals, one which delightedly fools the eye with its perspective.

Reviewed July 14, 2008

Barone & Reed is always a best bet when you are looking for top notch service, great food, and an unbeatable environment. The two full bars along with the upstairs lounge allow ample room for socializing. Tables are available in the front and back of the house, as well as the entire upstairs. Whether you are looking for a casual lunch or a nice dinner, Barone & Reed will never cease to impress you. This locally owned and operated business is nestled in the heart of downtown Minden, where it serves lunch and dinner.

1  Thank TaylorJay