“Great ride!”
Review of SoaringNV

SoaringNV
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Minden
More attraction details
Owner description: SoaringNV provides • Glider rides • Glider pilot instruction • Aero-tow • Aero-retrieves • Oxygen • Flight currency reviews • Weather briefings ...and more! Visit SoaringNV in the friendly atmosphere of our hangar at 1138 Airport Road on the Minden-Tahoe Airport.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My child bride, knowing that I had flow in almost everything EXCEPT a sailplane (Goodyear blimp and hot-air balloons to Concorde and A4 Skyhawk), arranged a sailplane lesson for me for my 75th birthday. It was superb. I can't say enough about how professional the crew was, and how smoothly eveything went (of course, the scenery was 'reasonably nice', as well.)

1  Thank Kalamariverrat
There are newer reviews for SoaringNV

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I went to SoaringNV in 2013 to add a glider rating to my commercial pilot certificate. I had a limited amount of time that I could spend there but Russell, the chief pilot, went out of his way to get me to my goal. Both Russell and Stephan, who also spent time giving me instruction, are excellent pilots. All the line crew are great and very friendly. Laurie, the owner, makes everyone feel welcome. I came back again this year to do more soaring and receive further instruction and my experience was just as good. It is a professionally run outfit with very good equipment, great people and of course, some of the best soaring conditions in the world. Whether you just want to take a tour of Lake Tahoe, you want to get your glider rating or you are an experienced glider pilot aiming to go out for a long cross country, I highly recommend SoaringNV.

1  Thank Simon939
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I always thought gliding would be kinda boring, but I've always wanted to fly so my wife and I gave it a try. Completely not what I expected! Glider pilots have the ability to fly smooth and calm or downright dare-devilish!
Two people are a bit cramped in the back, but we're of smaller stature so we fit fine.
There is no better way to see Carson Valley, the mountains, or the lake!
It was a great experience and I will be going back.

GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

So many of our customers tell us their glider experience was not what they expected. (You are the first to expect boredom.) Usually folks expect to feel scared, exposed and out-of-control. What they learn is that soaring is anything but. It is floaty, secure and remarkably controllable. And not boring. Thanks for sharing your experience with the users of TripAdvisor. Come back and fly with us again soon!

Glider Girl

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I JUST of to say that the Staff are highly experience and you could tell that they are injoying there job best experience ever i highly recommend it whenever you are in nevada and you want to do something fun look up soaringnv-minden-nevada.htm thanks from kevin.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Soaring is a weather dependent sport. I attended SoaringNV's 2014 Wave Camp earlier this month. Daily thermal flying was available, but the weather required for wave soaring didn't materialize until late on the last day. This didn't deter the folks at SoaringNV; they demonstrated great flexibility and offered well-received alternative training each day.

I had the chance to fly with three of the the instructors there and learned something from each of them. All of the gliders I looked at were in great shape. Glider operations were smooth and efficient. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and prepared to give a great ride or great flight instruction.

If you have a chance to go for a ride, take it! If you have a chance to get some gliding instruction at SoaringNV, take it. I made the highest, farthest, and longest glider flight I've made yet while there. I'll have fond memories for a long time and am already looking forward to a return trip.

GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about SoaringNV Wave Camp. Planning educational events for groups of pilots is what we specialize in. Now if we could only control the weather!

You were really fun to have around--and you are a great pilot. I appreciate you informing Trip Advisor readers about all the glider-related training we do, in addition to scenic rides.

We look forward to welcoming you back.