“Don't Miss It”
Review of SoaringNV

SoaringNV
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Minden
More attraction details
Owner description: SoaringNV provides • Glider rides • Glider pilot instruction • Aero-tow • Aero-retrieves • Oxygen • Flight currency reviews • Weather briefings ...and more! Visit SoaringNV in the friendly atmosphere of our hangar at 1138 Airport Road on the Minden-Tahoe Airport.
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Miss It”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We called on their day off and my call was returned that day. We scheduled a time at our convenience. The next day we showed up and we were given some directions on gliding. Next thing you know we were at 10,000' and could only here the air. Brad, our pilot, gave us any information we wanted on flying and the towns, rivers, and mountains below. The ride was perfect and the sights were amazing. He landed and we taxied, without power, right to the glider parking. We forgot our picture and when we got home it was in our mailbox. That's the kind of service that is provided by the staff at SoaringNV.

Great adventure for a couple. Next year I will be doing the single flight with acrobatics.

GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Polks,

Brad does know his way around the sky. He is our most requested ride pilot. Thanks for the great review. We can hardly wait to get you back for that aerobatic ride. Who knows, next time you may be wanting to get your glider pilots license!

See you next time.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Awesome! Best way to see lake Tahoe and the mountains”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm from Nashville and have been to Tahoe 6 times but it wasn't until my latest trip that I heard about soaring NV. My mother and I decided to go check it out and it was amazing. Our pilot Brad was wonderful, as was the rest of the staff. It is by far the best way to see beautiful lake tahoe and the mountains. I mentioned that I had a friend that worked at the ski resort and Brad immediately offered to fly us over so we could see it from the "unique" view. I would recommend soaring NV to anyone :)

GliderGirl, Manager at SoaringNV, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
SoaringNV is really for everyone. Glider flying is safe, silent and spectacular. Thanks for taking the time to write a great review.

We will see you next time!

Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

One of the greatest days ever! We called in the morning and Laurie (owner) quickly lined up a pilot to taken us up (even though it was their day off!). After a few papers to sign we were quickly brought out to the tarmac and given a quick briefing. Then it was time to SOAR! Fabulous in every aspect! Thank you to Laurie, Brad (our pilot) and Silvio (tow pilot) - you all helped create a wonderful experience and ever-lasting memories for our family. We were given photos that they took before we left and also will be mailing DVD of our flight.

So very highly recommended!

GliderGirl, Owner at SoaringNV, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear CanadaCathy,

Have you re-lived your flight by watching the video? It was great to have you fly with us, even on our day off. The whole staff here loves to fly and we use any excuse we can to get in the sky. Even if it means coming in on our day off.

Please some see us again sometime.

New Hampton, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience at Soaring Nevada”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife Suzi and I went to Soaring Nevada to fill in a rest day from skiing in South Lake Tahoe. What a great choice this was to go soaring. Brad was very accommodating and knowledgeable. The whole crew was great to work with. I, being a chicken, chose to just glide so we went to 8000 ft and had a very nice ride back to terra firma as Brad and I spoke about local culture and the history of the valley. Suzi chose a more adventurous flight and so Brad got her into a parachute and they proceeded to do some acrobatics including a loop, 2 stalls and flying upside down. We then visited Genoa, NV for lunch and to sight see. What a great spot that is.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Oldmas
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“True bird's eye experience!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Took our first soaring flight ever, the Tahoe Sky Ride (2 passengers if < 350 lbs). My Dad did the Tahoe Wild Ride (for solo riders only). A truly amazing experience, gliding over and around the mountains, seeing Lake Tahoe and the Carson Valley and the only sound you can hear is the wind. Entire crew was helpful and friendly, both pilots got rave reviews, facilities were very nice as well.

Visited November 2012

Been to SoaringNV? Share your experiences!