“Very nice place”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice place to eat, a pretty good value for what you get. Twice baked potato is VERY GOOD. Recently had the scampi, was not good at all, disappointed to say the least...but that was the only negative...I have eaten there before and will again. Good food in general. Great coffee, excellent service. Don't order the scampi and you should have a great meal. FYI...hubby had Rib eye with bleu cheese topping...he said it was EXCELLENT.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have eaten at CVI many many times and always loved the food and service. This is clearly the best restaurant in the area with a lovely room and wonderful menu. The prices are somewhat high for the area, but are much cheaper than comparative Steakhouses in the larger metropolitan areas like LA or NY. On all my visits, the food has been fantastic except the most recent one where it seemed things weren't quite up to par. The bread was not as good as usual and my steak & lobster was a bit overcooked which has never happened before at CVI. I think it was an "off" night for them because it is usually perfect. I have never had the service issues that others speak of. We always have Chris as our waiter and he is perfect every time, including great wine suggestions that never disappoint. I love this steakhouse and always enjoy dinner there whenever I am in town.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

From the time we were seated until leaving there was never a want for anything. Our server provided it to us without asking. The food was prepared flawlessly, I tried both my wifes steak and my own pork was fabulous and would order each one again. The fresh table side made salad was a real treat as do not see that in too many fine dining establishments anymore. In addition, there was no rush to leave and definitely not between courses. We were stuffed but still tried the dessert, it was just at home later and the cheesecake was excellent. We will be back.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We dined here with a group of friends.
We were seated promptly and the staff was friendly.

Our waiter was very inattentive. Drinks came late and we had to remind him that we ordered them. I had to remind him that we had ordered another bottle of wine. There was a lot of time in between courses. It looks like our waiter had about 5-6 tables. Maybe too much for him.

We started with some stuffed mushrooms. Very flavorful

The food was good. I had the grilled lamb chops. Very flavorful if not a little on the small side.
The baked potato was enormous and very flavorful.

My wife had the surf and turf type dinner. Very good flavor and plenty of food.

Salads were made at the table and were flavorful. Maybe a little less dressing would have been nice.

Overall everyone was pleased with their food.

A restaurant that is demanding top prices should have top service. I wanted to give it 3* but because the food was good I went to four. But that is how important service is to the quality of the meal.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The food is very good here. Good variety on the menu. The atmosphere is very nice. We have tried different items and have always been pleased. The service is very good. We enjoy eating at the Steak House in Carson Valley Inn in Minden, NV>