“Asked to leave”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of the other reviewers noted "unprofessional management," specifically naming Mike and hoping he might not be there on their next visit. I echo those sentiments in regards to my recent visit. After finishing an excellent meal and fast, friendly service from our server, our group of three women was relaxing for a few minutes when the manager, Mike, came over and asked us to leave because it was starting to get busy. Not that it should matter, but although we were early diners, we ordered regular meals (not the early-bird special), wine, dessert, and coffee, and we left our waiter a 20% tip. Surely we earned our keep in that regard. Granted, Mike asked us politely, but as we walked out, we looked at each other in shock; none of us had ever been kicked out of a restaurant before, not even in places like San Francisco or New York City, let alone Minden, NV. Would Mike have done the same to a couple or a group of men? We can't help but wonder whether our status as a group of mature women might have garnered us such treatment.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant, and we chose it at the last minute after we had a look at the menu. There are lots of options, and if all their meals are as good as the ones we ordered, they will be in business forever. It was a bonus to be able to sample several different wines as part of their wine flight. The salad was tossed at the tableside; it had a good selection of fresh ingredients, and the house dressing was delicious. For the main selections, we chose the filet and lobster and the seafood brochette. The steak was outstanding, prepared exactly as requested, and the lobster and seafood brochette were also very good. We concluded the meal with the chocolate mousse; it was hard to choose just one dessert as there were several that sounded equally appealing. In addition to the food, the service was excellent: attentive without being disruptive, and our server, Tyler, was very knowledgeable and personable. We thoroughly enoyed our visit and plan to return again soon.

1  Thank Likes2Travel2Places
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was all very good. Great food, great service and wonderful host. I normally would not order a burger at a steakhouse, but I did and it was incredible.

2  Thank Joebuyer
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were here for Valentine's Day last year and decided to go again to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. I was so dissapointed to find out they no longer serve fresh shucked oysters, bummer. Oh well, I soon overcame my objection. This place is still awesome! Oversized martinis, fresh Ahi, tableside salad, lobster bisque, great wine selection and the deserts are incredible. We had a coupon for 50% off of a bottle of wine which we received in the mail. We had a Hess Chardonnay that was very nice. My friends brought a 40 year old BV Cab and they gladly corked and decanted it for us. Service was terrific and we definately will be back. I hear that the early bird dinner is quite a good deal. We will have to try that next time.

2  Thank Gebassoc
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent food and fantastic early bird special (salad, entree, dessert). Highly recommend it. Service, especially by Chase, was tremendous and Hayley was very attentive too. Went there for our birthdays and are looking forward to going back!

1  Thank RandRCarsonCity