Virgin River Hotel & Casino
$79
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Mesquite)(Great Value!)
$68
Best Western Mesquite Inn(Mesquite)(Great Value!)
$77
$70
Agoda.com
$59
Travelocity
  • Pool
$85
$78
Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort(Mesquite)(Great Value!)
$59
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbowling alleyprime rib dinnernothing fancyflat screen tvtwo queen bedsplenty of parkingstayed one nightroom was clean and comfortablecafebucksbingocalifornialasspecialsdealstubsdesert
Reviewed May 14, 2007

My boyfriend and I traveled to Mesquite in March for a night's stay before heading to Zion National Park. At forty-something, I had never gambled before and the flashier Casino/Hotels were full, so they sent us over to this place. It was a little cheesier, but what the hey... we got a room for $139 plus tax... we got up to the room and I thought it would be alot nicer, but it was functional. The shower worked, there was cable, but how much time do you spend in hotel rooms when you're in a gambling town? Not much, right? Anyway, the beds were grossly uncomfortable and I was glad to only stay one night. We decided to try some gambling... I watched my boyfriend play a few slots and thought it looked kind of fun, so I tried my hand at it. I won little bits here and there and I think that night I was up about $65 just in an hour or so. So we decided to try the buffet for dinner - that was OK, not outstanding. LOTS of seafood though! The next morning, before departing, we decided to grab a Starbucks, "Ol' Reliable", in the casino and walk around and maybe try a little of the slots. Again, I kept winning little bits here and there. I decided to pick one last one dollar slot machine and I hit $1000 !!! It was FUN! I would gamble at this place again, but probably not STAY there, unless there was no where else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewCastleGirl218
Reviewed April 26, 2007

We were very happy to find a hotel in the area that even allowed pets. (including the Las Vegas area.) We had a wonderful stay,and are returning next week.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank dalyn1017
Reviewed February 8, 2007

On the second night of our stay, we were forced to leave our room at 2:00 a.m. and move to another one as there was a flood on the floor above us and our bathroom ceiling was coming down. The next morning when we were checking out we asked if there would be some compensation for this inconvenience. They indicated that because we booked online they were unable to compensate us. When we told them we felt that this was unacceptable they gave us two coupons for a dinner buffet, which we could not use that day because we were leaving. We told them we would use the coupons on our way back at the end of January. When we got back to Mesquite we noticed that the coupons expired on January 1st so we couldn't use them anyway. To add insult to injury, they charged .89 to our Mastercard for a local telephone call. I must add that when I told the online company that booked our reservation about the situation they graciously gave us a mastercard credit and a hotel voucher for our next booking. At least someone in this fiasco has some credibility.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank birdee2006
Reviewed December 9, 2006

My husband and I flew to Las Vegas and wanted to spend a couple days outside of the Vegas area, so decided to try Mesquite. Driving there took just over an hour. We stayed 2 nights at the Virgin River. We paid less than $25.00 each night, so were not expecting much. This is a much larger hotel than I thought it would be. There are several buildings (7 or 8?); each building is 3 stories tall and two-sided with outdoor corridors. Reminded us of old Days Inns. We were on the top floor--there was a choice of stairs or an elevator at the end. We had two queen size beds, a small table and a couple of chairs, a bathroom that had the sink separate from the toilet/tub area. It was very clean. There are no extra amenities with the room -- two tiny bars of soap and a liquid soap dispenser in the tub is all you get -- so bring shampoo, etc. There is no coffee maker in the room either. There is a Starbucks in the main building and it is the only place for WiFi Internet (free). We ate at the dinner buffet and it was fine -- nothing exciting on the menu, but everything was cooked well. It includes a beverage too. The casino is under renovations right now, so it cut-up the area quite a bit. We didn't use the outdoor pool, however it looked quite nice. It is located between the Casino/Main building and the out-buildings with the rooms. The major complaint we had (although we did nothing about it) was that our next-door neighbours decided to invite a bunch of people over at about 2am. They were drunk and loud. The walls are apparently quite thin between the rooms. And the outdoor corridor bounced when they walked -- shook our room. They partied on and off for almost 2 hours. The next night they were gone and it was a lovely, quiet location. Away from the highway noise, yet immediately located off the highway exit.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kazzoo
Reviewed October 31, 2006

The only thing reference I've ever had to the existence of bed bugs was the saying "Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Unfortunately, I know about them now after leaving a week-long stay at the Virgin River Casino while attending the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championships.

Bites all over my arms and shoulders, and my two girlfriends as well. They are bigger and itchier than mosquito bites.

I've done a lot of research in the past day since I have been home because I am still scratching and I am wondering if they have come home with me.

I am thoroughly disgusted, especially after knowing that the room was not quarantined after Security informed us that it was bed bugs. We thought it was a flea, and a guard let us know it was a bed bug. We didn't think anything because we didn't even know they existed or what they were and what the consequences of meeting up with them were. After we moved rooms, they had another guest stay in the room the next day!

After staying in the hotel we each have more than twenty bites! I am worried that they've stowed away in my luggage. I have been home a day and I'm worried that my ignorance about the existence will be costly. I will never hear that old saying the same way again. After everything I have read about them, I am upset that Management didn't take proactive measures to ensure another traveller wouldn't be infested. And I am wondering if they had other complaints before us and still let us use the room we were in.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15  Thank shadow_snyper