“A fine bargain indeed!”

Virgin River Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
“A fine bargain indeed!”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Got the Sun-Thurs special: $30 per night: clean sheets, nice decor and a pool with hot tub . Everyone pleasant. I'm very satisfied.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
coronation
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Spent 4 days at the Virgin River. Found staff unwilling to help. Couldn't organize rooms so ended up being moved 2x . 6 hour wait until we could get into the room, so had to drive around with luggage. Had to pay for internet. Beds and furniture came off the ark I am sure. Bedspreads had burn holes even though we were in non -smoking room.
Casino mens room had cockroach as a resident. Gross and never will return. We drove 15 hours to come here!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marioneCoronation
Connecticut
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Booked a non-refundable room on Travel Trip - at $150.00 a night -- was told no cancellation as it was holiday weekend and it was sold out -- BIG LIE -- we were ripped off for $300.00 for a stinky - dirty - run-down room.........but the Charge of $300.00 was put on my VISA and it wasn't refundable after several phone calls - they were very NASTY...
This month I get a Charge of $20.00 -- have called several times to ask why - NO ANSWER - WILL NEVER GO BACK

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rippedoffConnecticut
sdchrgrschick
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The room was very dirty and not worth the money that was spent. There was hair on the blankets, and there was no way I was going to walk around without shoes on, the floors were filthy. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Find somewhere else to stay in Mesquite. The staff at check in was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. They advertise all these low rates for Sunday through Thurs and they didnt offer them! I asked the front desk agent, and he just ignored me! No joke, he wouldnt answer the question, and just sent me on my way. I was very unsatisfied.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sdchrgrschick
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Reviews are mixed for this hotel - some like it and other say it is terrible. i think it is somewhere in between and may depend on the room you get. We were on the top floor of Building 4 in non-smoking room. It seemed to be clean but is a basic room. They do give you soap but no shampoo, creme, etc. so be sure and bring your own. No frills - no coffee maker, fridge, etc. Was cold so did not check out pool, etc. and actually do not think they were even open.

Furniture though did have that destressed look (and not the kind that they do on purpose and you pay big bucks for).

For the price - $35 one night and $50 other two night - I really cannot complain and we were not in room much. I might consider staying there again but if you plan to spend time in the room or at the resort might check out one of the others but frankly not sure any of the hotels are really exciting.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
newyork
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel in the past a few years back on a 5 day golf trip,this trip was horrible....THE condition of my room was just plain dirty the carpets obviously never get steamed clean my white athletic socks were black after a few laps around the room...THE eureka across the street had super nice clean modern rooms of course they cost $25.00 a night more but it was money well spent ..THE bottom line i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone....

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank gambler911
St George, UT
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I am living in St. George, UT and wanted to prepare a special birthday for my sweetheart.Since it is just 40-45 minutes of driving to St. George i chose Mesquite and Virgin River there.I puchased a room from an online travelling site.When we arrived the hotel we checked in without any problems.I wanted a no-smoking pool-wiev room and they simply gave it.

The room was clean and amenities were really good.There is a clean tube in the shower.The TV was ok.There were plenty of channels.They also let me have the stuff for birthday with me in the room.I bought a cake,wine and some stuff outside and could have them with us in the room.

I really recommend this hotel to everyone.It is cheap but really good for that price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple