“Perfect location”

Virgin River Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've stayed at the Virgin River about 10 times in the past several years and never had a bad experience. More recently I had two separate stays the first week of July. The staff at the front desk has never been the most polite or the friendliest. The first night I checked in Janet at the front desk was lacking her customer service skills, but the second night I checked in she was a bit friendlier. I didn't have to wait in line at all to check in.

Both times I stayed in building 5. The first night my room was on the ground floor facing the casino. The room seemed clean at first. The beds were very comfortable. Even with traffic and people walking around right outside the room it was surprisingly quiet. In the morning I noticed a couple bugs on the bathroom floor. The shower drain was also clogged.

The second stay was on the second floor facing the pool. It was a little noisier with people running up and down the side of the hotel along the balcony. This room was a lot cleaner, no bugs in the bathroom. Both stays the a/c worked great!

I thought the majority of the hotel was very clean and well maintained. The only time I was in the casino was during check in but it didn't seem very smoky. The parking lot was clean and I didn't have trouble finding a parking spot close to my room. I did notice a lot of security around the property, especially driving around at night, and I felt safe the entire time. I'll definitely return here since I think it's a great deal, even though it's the most basic room you can get with no amenities, you get what you pay for.

The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because the wifi is very slow, if it works at all. I got it to work for about two hours the second night.

Room Tip: The buildings that are closer to Pioneer Blvd seem to be quieter with more parking spaces around the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Luv-that-farm
MSHotelManager, Manager at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review and your continued trips.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Anaheim. We had a basic room with two queen beds. The room was clean and the beds were comfy.

The pool was nice. We waited until the sun had past over it to get in because it was so hot outside. The kids loved the arcade and us adults loved the grown-up games.

Only problem we had was the noise outside by other guests after dark. There was someone banging on the door of the hotel room next to us after we went to bed that woke us up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool. It's hot outside and it can be a long walk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had to pay $90. To stay in this $20 dump just because I was passing through on a Saturday. We were on the way to Vegas from Moab and thought it may be a nice place; I was sooo disappointed. They advertise free Wifi but it was too slow to use at all. Crickets chirped and kept us awake all night, they don't even give you conditioner or lotion and the soap is in a shower dispenser. When we made the reservation we were told that the rooms had been upgraded, if this is true, I would hate to see what they were like before. Checking in there was so much smoke and the place looked nasty, we didn't even go back inside, found a restaurant down the street. The hotel is out behind the casino and looks like a little dumpy motel. The only good thing I have to say about it is I didn't see any fleas or bed bugs much to my surprise.

Room Tip: I will not call ahead for reservations again. Would never recommend this hotel!
1  Thank JoTav21

We acknowledge your review, thank you.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We got into town late and they had rooms available so we stayed here. Old but clean and a great value. Nice restaurant on site and they are pet friendly. The staff was nice and for just a place to sleep and eat it worked out great. A little noisy but it was a casino on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Your review of our property is appreciated. I will share your comments with our staff. Thank you.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

For basically half the price of other properties you get a full service casino, Nice café with good homestyle food. Hotel rooms are separated from casino, very adequate for a good nights sleep. All staff I encountered were very friendly and accommodating. Check-in put me in the building I wanted next to the pool. Casino had great variety and friendly staff. Café had delicious food at reasonable prices. Very Happy with stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
MSHotelManager, Manager at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you we will share your great comments with the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We've stayed here several times as we pass through town. It's a fine hotel, clean enough, nothing good or bad. Most of the rooms have been recently re-done and are nicer now than they used to be. Great value and a good on-site buffet.

Room Tip: Ask for building 1, pool side to be conveniently located near the pool and casino.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving your review and room tip. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I will stay here again...its a great price and pet friendly...it has a few issues but I just wanted to eat sleep and have my 2 dogs with me... I had the buffet for dinner and played slots and a grrat night of rest...they keep it simple

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for leaving your review. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your 2 dogs. Come back again soon.