“No-Frills, but not No-Fun” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virgin River Hotel & Casino

Virgin River Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Kansas
“No-Frills, but not No-Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

Stayed at the Virgin River w/9 other golfers in Mid-April. Nothing to really write home about, but it was a very good value. Picture a Super 8 with a casino and you're about there. Having said that, we really enjoyed the dealers and thought the food was fine. Having visited some of the other properties while there, we'll probably upgrade next time, but no complaints about Virgin River.

• Liked — Value/Price
  • Disliked — dated rooms and buildings
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ksgolfer99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2008

You can't beat the price.The buffet was really good,and it was great that one of the hotel wings was set aside for dogs and their owners.The regular casino was nice-especially with sports betting.For something different we bowled and played bingo and enjoyed both.The only negative thing I can say is the casino was very smokey when we were there.If they could somehow circulate or vent out the smoke that would be great.

Stayed November 2007
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stopped on our way to fly out of Vegas. The room was clean and spacious, if a bit worn. If you sign up for their club card BEFORE you check in for a room you can get a free night!! Not Bad!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vwkar
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

I recently spent a weekend at the Virgin River. After reading reviews online, I was a little nervous about the condition of the property. I was pleasantly surprised...

First, the room I had was pretty good for the price I paid. It was clean, and they are quite large. There were 2 beds in my room, one you could see was a lot older than the other, the mattress was about 2 inches higher and the pillows were newer and firmer. I found the mattress to be firm, but quite comfortable!

Everyone I talked to in the casino and restaurant was very friendly. Yes, the whole place is showing its' age, but the slots were updated, the food was good, and service was even bettter. I really enjoyed my weekend at the Virgin River!

• Liked — Friendly employees
  • Disliked — location of rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank jmigs
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2007

We stayed here for a week. Had a ground floor room. The room was clean and the beds were decent. Two pools, one was closed the entire time. Ate at the Chuckwagon restaurant everyday, they had a friendly staff, very low prices and the food was really good each time. Liked the casino except for all the smoke. I know its a casino and I've been in a hundred of them but the smoke in this one was really bad, one of the worst. People at the front desk were pretty cool. The entire hotel was ok, nothing great. I don't think I'll stay here next time I come to Mesquite, but it wasn't a bad experience. Hotel seemed a little run down in areas and needed work but it was well worth the price we paid.

• Liked — price, restaurant
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Luv-that-farm
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

My friend and I drove up to Virgin River for the night and our room was big with good sized bath. The room was well used but I thought it was clean and since we didn't pay much for it the room was just fine...we weren't in it except to sleep. The restaurant was located in the casino and had good food. We took a shuttle (free) over to the other casinos and it brought us back also. We didn't use the pool but there were kids in it anyway. All in all if you are looking to go to some casinos this would be an ok place to sleep...I didn't see any critters in our room or bed.

• Liked — The location right by the expressway
  • Disliked — The rooms were well used...but clean.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lov2tvl
Hanna, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

My husband and I stopped at the Virgin River on our way to LV because of great reviews from our neighbors.

Rates were not what was advertised, and the only way to get their deals was to spend 6 hours in the Bingo Hall. We checked in around 11PM.

The room was very standard, few amenities, and the bed was so hard that we did not sleep at all that night. Curtains did not close all the way to keep the lights from the parking lot out.

The Buffet was horrible! Food was overcooked, and cold, nasty.

We have stopped in Mesquite (for a break) every time we drive to LV, and these machines are by far the tightest. Although we did hear people hitting some form of jackpots around us.

There are several Hotels in the area that will get our business next time we come though.

• Liked — Next to the Interstate, and we were exhusted
  • Disliked — Bed, food
  • Stayed April 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Richard and Deb H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mesquite
Eureka Casino Resort
CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa
No photo provided
Historic Beaver Dam Lodge
#1 of 1 in Beaver Dam

Been to Virgin River Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!