“Great hotel, staff, room, location & value!”

Virgin River Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
UTAH
“Great hotel, staff, room, location & value!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. In a great convenient location to the casinos, restaurants and other attractions. Service daily with fresh towels. Would definitively stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DezaRay27
RandyBlackSrCEO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thanks for the great review. See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Great Staff, always have been very acommodating. Victoria's is a great place to have breakfast, and the lunch & dinner buffets change daily, very nice pricing. Rooms are older, but for $29.00, very comfortable. Play your cards right and you can even get better discounts.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty quite, rooms closer to the Casino are a blessing for handicapped.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. I always love hearing from our veteran guests. See you next trip!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I spent a total of $24 on this hotel. I was driving though to AZ. I couldn't believe you could get a hotel for that cheap. It was fine. No problems no bugs a pool and everything you need. I did lose some money so I guess it did end up costing me a little more than $24 I won't say how much but lets just say I could have flown to some pretty cool places.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Pixtonian
RandyBlackSrCEO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for leaving a review. I always like hearing from first time visitors that know a great value when they see one. Come back soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2011

After a semi tire blewout and tore out the underside of my car, we were taken to the Virgin River Casino hotel.

I'm more of a 3-5 star kind of guy when I pick hotels, and this is probably more in the 1-2 star range, but it was clean, comfortable, and cheap, $27 a night for weeknight stays.

The staff were very accomodating to a pair of stranded travellers.

There are a few decent pools for kids, and of course the casino, we didn't check much out, but the staff made our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RandyBlackSrCEO, Manager at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thanks for the great review. Sorry that you had an accident; glad the staff was accommodating to your needs. I hope that you will return.
Colorado City, Arizona
Reviewed August 19, 2011

While I stayed at the virgin River it was very clean, I think the people that complain about the rooms are the People that are running a new "SCAM". This is how they get free rooms the next time they stay. I will be back for sure I hope the complainers wont be back...
nobody needs you! I can pay my own way nobody owes me a thing!!!
I'll Be Back!

1 Thank Jack S
Thank you for choosing the Virgin River Hotel. Come back soon!
Enterprise, NV.
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Although Mesquite is only about an hour away from our house in Enterprise NV., we decided to stay in Mesquite to be closer to Zion NP for our mini vacation. I had already made the reservations at Virgin River Casino when my wife noticed that there had been some bad reviews on trip advisor. I was impressed that Randy Black, the owner, took the time to respond to all of the reviews, good or bad.
We arrived around 6 PM and based on advise from Randy to another customer, asked for a room close to the casino. The clerk was polite and gave us a room in building # 1 next to the casino and the pool. The first thing we did was check for "varmits" as previosly described. The room was exceptionally clean and well maintained. The A/C unit had been turned up and the room was cool. (a nice feature when it's 105 outside) After a quick dip in the pool we went to the casino to eat. We found the buffet to be reasonable and the food was excellent. They feature a different specialty each night and also have multiple stations like the Las Vegas casinos.
The next morning we ate in the resturant and I had the ham steak special for $4.99. The ham steak was so big that it hung over the plate. I took most of it with me to Zion NP. That night when we returned, both my wife and I had the prime rib special. It was excellent!. The resturant was so good that even the locals eat there.
Both nights we went to the show room where they had a great local country western band. We enjoyed the music and even danced. The video machines in the casino were very liberal with the payouts.
Each morning we noticed the ground crews maintaining the roads and grounds.
Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay. The room was dated but clean. The TV was small but who goes to a casino hotel to watch TV?
If you want the glitz and glamor of a large hotel I would suggest the Wynn or Encore in Las Vegas for $219 a night mid-week, but if you are satisfied with a clean economical hotel with good food and entertainment, close to Las Vegas (less than hour North on I-15) I would recommend the Virgin River Casino!
Thanks, Randy and Micheal for a job well done.
Joe Dehorty
Enterprise NV.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the casino and pool
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RandyBlackSrCEO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your detailed review of the Virgin RIver. Good food, nice pool, entertainment and a clean economical room....that's the Virgin River! Hope to see you very soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 13, 2011

There were bugs and ants in my room. Also, the light above the table did not work, but maybe that was a good thing; sometimes what we don't see gets us through. I mentioned the bugs and the light when checking out, but no apoligies or compensation was offered. I also called the hotel a couple of days later and asked for the General Manager. I was transferred to a voicemail with no identifying name. Needless to say, my call was never returned.

Yesterday, I placed a second call to the hotel, and this time, I was given the name of the hotel manager and I was transferred to her voicemail. I left a message for the manager to return my call, and hopefully, I can explain my disappointment to her. I would expect to be hearing from her first of the week, since it was late Friday afternoon when I left the message. I realize this is only a 2 star rated property, but I wasn't expecting bugs and biteing ants.

I would not return to Virgin River.

Room Tip: Outdated, and bugs in the room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RandyBlackSrCEO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for your response. Please accept my apologies for your encounter with the desert creatures. It is unfortunate that even the best pest control company is unable to eliminate all of them during the deserts perfect weather! I understand that our hotel manger returned your call first thing Monday morning when she received your voice mail. If during your next visit you find anything wrong with your room, please feel free to call the front desk immediately and they will resolve the problem while you are here. Whether it is change a light bulb or find you another room we are here to accommodate you our guest.