“Unsafe environment,money stolen.”
Review of Eureka Casino

Eureka Casino
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Mesquite
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Played here a few days ago, and dropped about $100 on the floor when reaching for something in my pocket. Looked and money was gone. Alerted security As I knew the exact location thus happened. Had to practically beg them to look at the tapes. Got a call 30 mins later saying they didn't see anythung. As this was completely unacceptable I called the next day and got ahold of the security manager via a very rude hr person. He assured me he would look over the recording again and see if he spotted anything and call me either way. I never got a call. The entire situation left a bad taste in my mouth for a few reasons. First, it makes me feel totally uneasy that their security staff didn't see anything. Perhaps they have poor vision. What if something happened to my wife or kids there? Also what kind of people do they allow in their establishment?

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This review is only of the casino as I did not stay in the hotel.

Played here a few days ago, and dropped about $100 on the floor when reaching for something in my pocket. Looked and money was gone. Alerted security As I knew the exact location thus happened. Had to practically beg them to look at the tapes. Got a call 30 mins later saying they didn't see anything. As this was completely unacceptable I called the next day and got ahold of the security manager via a very rude hr person. He assured me he would look over the recording again and see if he spotted anything and call me either way. I never got a call. The entire situation left a bad taste in my mouth for a few reasons. First, it makes me feel totally uneasy that their security staff didn't see anything. Perhaps they have poor vision. What if something happened to my wife or kids there? Also what kind if scum do they allow in their establishment?

Mr. Manager who responds here: Save the pithy apologies. Want to make it right? Get my $100 back to me and have your security staff act like they actually care about the safety and security of your patrons.

Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Hotelier8678,

You have my sincere apology that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. At Eureka we strive to give every guest an excellent experience, even when something goes wrong, we try our best to make things right.

An important note for everyone reading this review, when you drop money on the ground in a place like a grocery store or casino and someone else picks it up, no crime has been committed regardless of it was a few minutes to a few hours when the money was dropped. Our security and surveillance departments watched everything closely but could not see your money fall on the ground, as such, there was not much we could offer for your loss.

Hotelier, I'm very sorry that you feel that you lost some money with us. Eureka has an outstanding record of safety and ensuring that our guests feel safe and secure is one of the most important things we provide.

I hope you'll come visit us again in the future and enjoy the quality facility and service that we provide.

All the best,
Alex K
Manager

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Casino was clean and modern. Some normal smoke issues, but not bad. Food was very good and staff helpful. Made repeat visits.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Nice casino it is well run and quiet but still a lot of fun. The cocktails came fast and the dealers were into the game and seemed to have fun with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Came in for a bite to eat and to play a few machines. Food was good, and priced right. Great buffet.
Staff throughout the whole building was very friendly. Will stop by again.
One negative: We would have stayed longer, but the cigarette smoke was awful. I understand that most of the customers smoke, but maybe some better filtration equipment (or non-smoking areas) would help to draw more non-smokers? Just my opinion...