“Good but needs renovation”
Review of Hugo's Hilltop

Hugo's Hilltop
Ranked #33 of 67 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Highland estates resort
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went along with the crowd on a trip to Hugo's. My plan was just to have an appetizer as I was not the hungry.

Although there were in the midst of setting up for breakfast (eat early in Mesquite), they took our group of six or seven for dinner.

Well, the aroma immediately made me change my mind and try to eat a meal, which I failed to do. The remainder served me well the next night.

The soup and salads were okay, but small. Not an issue given that they were part of the meal. I just opted for spaghetti and meatballs. Huge balls. Pasta was well cooked.

The dessert tray looked great, but we were all stuffed.

The decor just seemed old. There was a large table nearby and it had a collection of different kinds of chairs. I can appreciate the economy might be having them hold off on a needed update.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our party of three enjoyed the Linguine Vongole in red sauce, Chicken picatto, Veal parmigiana, wine and dessert. All were well prepared and quite good. Our service was equally good.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rate as one of the best in town. I liked the food and service but the ambience and decor were really old fashioned. Needs an update to match the food.

1  Thank shankapotumous
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our first night in Mesquite and we chose Hugo's for dinner. The service was very attentive at first, but after we got our main course, our server disappeared. No one checked to see if our meal was satisfactory at all. The food was good, but my NY Steak was over cooked, tasty, but over cooked. They didn't even have horseradish for my steak. They say they ran out a couple days ago. If it's my place, I go to the grocery store to get more.

1  Thank hhenry57
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Expensive but worth it. We were passing through to Disneyland and stayed at the Highland Estates Resort. Waitstaff was very cheerful and food was excellent.