“best breakfast we have found in mesquite”
Review of River Cafe

River Cafe
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Mesquite
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
St. George, Utah
“best breakfast we have found in mesquite”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I gave up on Eureka as the food got worse and the service next to non-existant. Tried the virgin river cafe and was pleasantly surprised. Ham steak was tasty and juicy as opposed to dry and tough at Eureka. Eggs fixed just as we asked and service not only existed but was very good and pleasant. Hashbrowns were over-abundant like the ham 16oz. coffee cups never got below 1/2 before being refilled. Gave a 30% tip and left happy. Mesquite appears to be on hard times and it is nice to find somebody that is not only trying, but doing a good job.

• Visited October 2012

Panguitch, Utah
“Primerib dinner”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The prime-rib dinner is the best in town the restraint is inside the Virgin river hotel and casino but the other food is top notch also

Visited July 2012
Van Nuys CA
“Prime Rib dinner really good!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This restaurant is located inside the Virgin River Casino. We arrived just before 10:00pm which was the cutoff time for the $5.99 Prime Rib Dinner. My brother and I each ordered one. He had his medium-well and I ordered mine well-done. While the cut of meat my brother got was generous in itself, the one I got was TWICE as thick! I can speculate that it was because the chef didn't expect too many more orders for it that night, and so I got a lot more beef! Yum! I had mashed potatoes and gravy with mine, and my brother had a baked potato. Overall the whole dinner was great and was an excellent value.

The next morning we had breakfast here. We each had the "Deuces Breakfast" for $3.99. (It's two eggs, two bacon, two sausage and two pancakes.) Again we had a good meal. The service was very good on both visits.

• Visited September 2012
Taylorsville, Utah
“overall ok”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a group of five, which they had trouble accomodating. The service was dissapointing, the floor and tables and chairs were dirty as was some of our silver ware. The food was a good value, and pretty tasty.

Visited September 2012
Madison
“Great food for less”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food was great and you can't beat the price! $2.99 for a 16 ounce hamsteak, eggs, toast, and hashbrowns.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank scorpiowis

Been to River Cafe? Share your experiences!