“It is an "Okay" place to stay....”

Eureka Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Whittier
“It is an "Okay" place to stay....”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We booked this in for three nights because we wanted to play golf in Mesquite (on our way to Colorado). We booked the room via hotel.com because when I called the resort, they quoted me higher prices than hotel.com. I told them that and they agreed....hotel.com was running a special and they said we should take advantage of it. Hotel.com booked us in with a "deluxe" room with a king bed. When we got to our room, it had two double beds (and it didn't look "deluxe" to us...). i called the front desk and they stated that that was all they had and that Hotel.com could not book us in for certain rooms...only the hotel could. I tried to fight it but lost.....
I had read a lot of reviews about the hotel and now that we have stayed here, I agree with most of them...
1. The hallways and rooms smell like smoke - yes, they do and so if you are an avid anti smoker, this place is not for you
2. The rooms are dark....they are...perfect if you want to sleep during the day but we just love light airy rooms...
3. Gregory's steakhouse - service was excellent and the food was good. And we liked their cafe in the casino...food/service/prices all excellent
4. The pool....could use some cleaning....it had a lot of use and the water was murky...not the cleanest...didn't make one want to use it....
5. The customer service at the front desk was great...happy, nice people worked it at all shifts
Would we come here again? Probably not to stay...maybe to eat. There are not too many choices in Mesquite so....Who knows? Hope this helps you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzie C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I came here just for one night to get away and we stayed in the enclave spa suite and it was just absolutely gorgeous I was so pleased with the room it was so clean and the spa tub was the best!!! I also loved the shower with the jets and the bed was very comfortable... The pool was also very nice and clean and I love the free cabanas and the pool side showers!!! I will definitely be coming back here when we need a night to get away

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Katiec277
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked the ENCLAVE KING SPA SUITE. We specifically booked this suite because I got my spa tub and my husband got outdoor space. The discription on the Eureka website states that this suite comes with an outdoor patio. After we got to our room, we found that there was no outdoor patio.

I called the front desk and was told that only "a couple" enclave spa suites have outdoor space and those suites were already filled. The discription of the suite is pretty misleading.

Our suite was very nice, just missing a big part of why we booked it. The staff was always courteous and friendly. We both had massages which were very good. Loved the pool area.

We will go back BUT I'll call to make our reservations instead of booking online. I want to talk to someone who can assure me of exactly what we'll be paying for and what type of room we'll be getting.

Room Tip: Don't book online. Call the hotel directly to make sure you get the room you want.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Page, Arizona
Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I want to just run away from home for the weekend my husband and I go to Mesquite. The Eureka is my favorite place to go. From the time you walk in the door until you leave you experiance customer service beyond your expectations. Diane has been at the front desk since our first visit, she always recognizes us and acknowledges us by name. Our favorite rooms are the Garden rooms or Enclave rooms, the patio opens to the courtyard and pool. The seafood buffet on Friday is fabulous. The in room massage is also a real treat. I guess you'd call us satisfied customers!

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are the patio rooms on the east side they have shade in the evenings.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been coming to Mesquite on business for quite a few years now, unfortunately the company I work for has always booked our events at a different location, this time I took it upon myself and decided to stay at The Eureka Resort and see what all the fuzz is about. I have a few friends that are constantly talking about how great this place is, so here I am sharing my experience with you as well. I must say that I enjoyed my stay very much, to start off the entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room I reserved was very clean and very comfortable, I even had my own patio which by the way walked out to a beautiful court yard where the pool is located. Though I am constantly having to work, I some how managed to treat myself to a massage along with a little gambling in their casino. I highly recommend this hotel, I am planning my next trip already, though this time I will have to make it a romantic get away with my husband. Free wi-fi, free coffee, beautiful large clean rooms, great food, great staff and even a shuttle to take back and forth to the casino, all I can say is stay here you will be happy you did!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
La Habra Heights
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Upon making reservations , I spoke with Howard who treated me as I was his only customer . Took time to answer everyone of my many questions. After a long drive from home, I was pleasantly surprised,from the entry into the hotel to the room itself. The room was very nice, beautiful view of the pool , which was extremely refreshing and nice. Wonderful staff, beautiful property, this was the first time in Mesquite, and will not be the last! You will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for Howard, he provided a perfect room! (View of pool was our room)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank prnvisit
, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. Howard is waiting to take your call on your next trip out to Mesquite. Hope to see you soon.

Tim
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is by far the best place to stay in mesquite. I love the decor of the rooms. i had a very relaxin stay at this hotel. I also would recomend the food there is second to none .!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank walker o
, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. I would agree that the Eureka Casino Resort is the is the best place to stay in Mesquite and the food is great. We hope to see you again soon.

Tim