“was good prices but not now”

Eureka Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Used to stay at the Eureka but after they redid the rooms they raised the prices on the rooms.
We where going to stay there Feb 7 but they wanted $115.00 for a king bed and we are a retired couple and that is a little to rich for are blood.
Also no discounts for card holders of the casino which would be nice they used to at least if you where returning guest the would at least gave you a discount on rooms but no dice when I asked the person when I called.
Have not seen the rooms since they redid them but the where great before that so can not say what the are like now.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank papa84759
Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Greetings Papa84759,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't stay with us on your most recent trip to Mesquite.

The Eureka prides itself on having the newest, cleanest, and overall best hotel rooms in the Mesquite market. We work very hard to provide our hotel guests with a great room product and at a great value. I'm sorry to hear that you don't believe $115 for a night is an appropriate value. The Eureka consistently wins "Best of Mesquite" for the quality and value our hotel brings to the community.

There are many factors that go into creating the rate quoted for a guest including how full the hotel is, how many days out you are booking, the quality of the room you want to book, and if you are a member of any discount groups like AAA, AARP, etc. The night you are speaking of in question, we had a very large group in our hotel as well as only upgraded rooms available. Had you booked further out prior to your stay, you may have been offered a rate that was more agreeable to you.

We do offer a casino rate as well as comp hotel rooms and suites based on casino play.

I hope you will come visit us again and get a chance to experience our new rooms for yourself.

Alex

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. It's in a great location. We stayed at the Casablanca and Virgin River on our first trip to Mesquite and missed out on Eureka cos of time, but we'll stay at Eureka from now on. Virgin River is a dump and sketchy!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Hi Jeanne,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Alex

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. room and bed were good. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AustraliaOwen
Tim M, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Tim

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We had stayed at the Eureka in November. The room was great, very spacious and clean and the Keurig coffee makers are a nice touch. The bed however was as hard as a slab of concrete. We decided to give it another try in December. By the time we arrived at 4:00 p.m. all the king beds were gone. We had also requested a softer mattress. We went though four rooms with two queen beds before we finally gave up. The beds along with the bedspreads in these rooms need to be updated to fit with the rest of the property. The front desk clerk had no idea which rooms had the updated mattresses. We ended up at the Casablanca and enjoyed our four day stay in comfort. Very surprising that this property upgraded everything but the bedding in most cases.

Room Tip: Not sure. Our requests were not honored so if you like an extremely firm mattress you will love the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa G

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm pleased you found the room to be spacious and clean. I apologize your stay was less than perfect. We are constantly upgrading our property and beds are at the forefront of our minds. We have updated most of our beds and are diligently working to complete the project.

We hope that you will give us another try.

Tim

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I am not here to be negative about other Hotels in Mesquite, but, I will stay here everytime from now on, without a doubt. I usually stay at Virgin River because of the $27 price, but this was a Saturday and it was $39, so, remembering all of the smoke and mediocre rooms (worth $27, but not $39) I chose the Eueka for $52 with AAA I had never been there before. The Check in is classy, not standing in line next to noisy machines and smokers. The desk staff was pleasant, lobby impressive, and the Pool Area incredible. When I reached my room I was overwhelmed at the value I just received. The colors were rich, furniture top line, high ceilings, walk-in shower, top line faucets, really cool coffee pot, specially folded towels, like a Mexican Resort, high quality carpet, crisp sheets and bedding, wall paper accents, Bronze framed abstract art that looks expensive, This looked like a $200 room in Vegas. I wanted to stay for a week. The Casino is 100yds away, they offer a shuttle if you like, parking lot is massive, 2 computers to check your e-mail, large screen TV in the lounge. Casa Blanca wanted $89, I have stayed there 3 times, I prefer the seperation of buildings which keeps the interior hallway free of odors. This was the best value I have ever seen, I had no problem choosing 5 stars for the review. it is going to spoil me for future $60 Hotels. The Casino was not as smoky as the others, might be the high ceilings, All of the dealers were nice, Marjerie could use a little pep talk, had the look of not wanting to be there. Buffet Good.

Room Tip: I always choose upstairs room for the quiet nights. I never heard a sound day or night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank walks4653
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was our first stay at the Eureka rather than the Casa Blanca. We were extremely impressed with the staff and room. Large with access to a comfortable outside and in-room spa we were tempted to stay in the room but we found the casino to be equal in staff and decor. My wife, who generally doesn't like spas, said we need to come back for the hot stone massage. Staff went out of their way to see that all of our needs were met. The meals at both Gregory's and the coffee shop were excellent. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The spa suite although only one room was excellent for a couple.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard S
Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Hello Howard,

Thank you so much for your review. We at the Eureka work hard to provide our guests with a great value and a great experience and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were successful at giving you an experience you enjoyed and want to repeat.

I definitely recommend trying the hot stone massage - it's had rave reviews.

We look forward to your next stay.

Alex K

Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Eureka continues to improve year after year.
This time I stayed at the hotel with a few of my employees as well as dining at a few of the restaurants - all were very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business