“Good Hotel with all amenities”

Eureka Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Newcastle, Australia
“Good Hotel with all amenities”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights. room and bed were good. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank AustraliaOwen
Tim M, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Pahrump
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We had stayed at the Eureka in November. The room was great, very spacious and clean and the Keurig coffee makers are a nice touch. The bed however was as hard as a slab of concrete. We decided to give it another try in December. By the time we arrived at 4:00 p.m. all the king beds were gone. We had also requested a softer mattress. We went though four rooms with two queen beds before we finally gave up. The beds along with the bedspreads in these rooms need to be updated to fit with the rest of the property. The front desk clerk had no idea which rooms had the updated mattresses. We ended up at the Casablanca and enjoyed our four day stay in comfort. Very surprising that this property upgraded everything but the bedding in most cases.

Room Tip: Not sure. Our requests were not honored so if you like an extremely firm mattress you will love the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa G
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm pleased you found the room to be spacious and clean. I apologize your stay was less than perfect. We are constantly upgrading our property and beds are at the forefront of our minds. We have updated most of our beds and are diligently working to complete the project.

We hope that you will give us another try.

Tim
Phoenix
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I am not here to be negative about other Hotels in Mesquite, but, I will stay here everytime from now on, without a doubt. I usually stay at Virgin River because of the $27 price, but this was a Saturday and it was $39, so, remembering all of the smoke and mediocre rooms (worth $27, but not $39) I chose the Eueka for $52 with AAA I had never been there before. The Check in is classy, not standing in line next to noisy machines and smokers. The desk staff was pleasant, lobby impressive, and the Pool Area incredible. When I reached my room I was overwhelmed at the value I just received. The colors were rich, furniture top line, high ceilings, walk-in shower, top line faucets, really cool coffee pot, specially folded towels, like a Mexican Resort, high quality carpet, crisp sheets and bedding, wall paper accents, Bronze framed abstract art that looks expensive, This looked like a $200 room in Vegas. I wanted to stay for a week. The Casino is 100yds away, they offer a shuttle if you like, parking lot is massive, 2 computers to check your e-mail, large screen TV in the lounge. Casa Blanca wanted $89, I have stayed there 3 times, I prefer the seperation of buildings which keeps the interior hallway free of odors. This was the best value I have ever seen, I had no problem choosing 5 stars for the review. it is going to spoil me for future $60 Hotels. The Casino was not as smoky as the others, might be the high ceilings, All of the dealers were nice, Marjerie could use a little pep talk, had the look of not wanting to be there. Buffet Good.

Room Tip: I always choose upstairs room for the quiet nights. I never heard a sound day or night.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank walks4653
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This was our first stay at the Eureka rather than the Casa Blanca. We were extremely impressed with the staff and room. Large with access to a comfortable outside and in-room spa we were tempted to stay in the room but we found the casino to be equal in staff and decor. My wife, who generally doesn't like spas, said we need to come back for the hot stone massage. Staff went out of their way to see that all of our needs were met. The meals at both Gregory's and the coffee shop were excellent. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The spa suite although only one room was excellent for a couple.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Howard S
Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Hello Howard,

Thank you so much for your review. We at the Eureka work hard to provide our guests with a great value and a great experience and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were successful at giving you an experience you enjoyed and want to repeat.

I definitely recommend trying the hot stone massage - it's had rave reviews.

We look forward to your next stay.

Alex K
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The Eureka continues to improve year after year.
This time I stayed at the hotel with a few of my employees as well as dining at a few of the restaurants - all were very good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven Slip R
mdurand
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Erika Hotel is newly redecorated and a great place to stay in Mesquite. It had large clean rooms and soft beds.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mdurand
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 13, 2011

If given the opportunity, I would have given the Eureka a 3.5 rating. I spent the night here when doing some work in Mesquite. Room rates are a tad less expensive here than the other hotel/casinos in Mesquite. I believe the rooms have been recently renovated; the one I was in was fairly large and clean. The television was older and pretty small. The hotel is not actually attached to the casino, two parking lots separate them. I believe they do have shuttles that will take you back and forth. Decent place to spend a night when in Mesquite.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank pgully3
Alex K, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hi PGully,

Thank you for your review . You are correct; the hotel is at the end of completing a three year renovation of our rooms and suites as well as hotel lobby and elevator cabs. One of the final steps in the renovation is swapping out all the old TVs for new LCDs. We expect that project to be completed by December so the next time you visit, not only will you have a new, comfortable and clean room to stay in, but you will also have a vibrant new TV to watch.

Golf cart shuttles are offered to any guest who would like to travel between the Hotel & Casino buildings. Simply ask a front desk agent or any casino employee for a ride and they will help arrange the transportation. It's only about a 90 second drive on the cart shuttle from one door to the next.

We at the Eureka thank you for choosing us and hope you will again the next time you visit Mesquite.