“Good value for a drive to getaway from Las Vegas”

Eureka Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Came here with my husband; he wanted to golf and I wanted to get away for away from Vegas for the weekend. We had a great time; you can't beat the local golf courses and the casino provided ample entertainment for me. My husband even surprised me and ordered a service so we had champagne and strawberries waiting in our room when we arrived. He scored big points for that romantic move!!

Video poker machines treated me well and staff was friendly and happy to help. The rooms were a little smaller than I expected for the price but were clean and comfortable. I didn't realize there was a massage therapist at the hotel until the end of our visit; will definitely have to try that on our next visit.

Room Tip: I don't know - be nice to the front desk??
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 11, 2011

This place is horrible. I made my reservation about a week before we arrived. We were travelling with two elderly handicapped persons and I booked two rooms, one of which was for disabled. When we arrived, we found out the entire front entrance to the hotel was torn up and the hotel was under construction. The handicapped parking was not available and they had a poorly constructed ramp into the side of the hotel that did not even have a hand rail. The halls were freezing, the rooms were hot. The shuttle to the casino was not available for our handicapped family members because the driver was "on lunch". We stopped at the desk to talk to the staff about our problems and they blatantly lied and said the construction had "just started". It was obvious that it had be underway for a while. They had no interest in helping us.
The casino was smokey. The buffet was closed (on a weekend night) and the food we had at the sit down restaurant was terrible.
We didn't stay for breakfast and we won't stay there again. It is NO BARGAIN!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
dar275, Manager at Eureka Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

For a 3 week period from the middle of March to early April the parking lot directly in front of our hotel was closed for remodeling. This project was under taken to enhance our resort grounds so that our guests are now welcomed to the hotel by a serene entrance with lush palm trees and seasonal floral displays. Throughout this project our hotel's side parking lot was always open to guests. At all times, then and now, our property works to accommodate accessibility needs.

We invite all potential guests to come to the Eureka Casino Resort and see our enhanced, newly remodeled facilities.

Best,

Eureka Casino Resort Management

Reviewed April 9, 2011

My best friend from college saw the Eureka profiled during an episode of Say Yes to the Dress. The staff was so caring and attentive to the bride of a young war vet, we knew we had to go. As it turned out the spa was recently renovated and completely made our trip worth the travel time from San Diego. Loved the Red Mesa massage. Loved the Eureka!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I would definitely recommend a trip here for the weekend, or a quick trip to gamble. I met up with a few college buddies to golf and to our surprise there's a ton of stuff to do in Mesquite. We ended up fishing at Quail Creek on a recommendation from one of the dealers. The staff here is what makes the Eureka different. It's like having a beer with a bunch of your buddies while they're at work.

We're heading back next year and making this a destination trip. We'll go a little closer to summer though. The newly renovated pool looks amazing!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We were excited to stay in the Zion Suite with a bubble tub right in the room.We were slightly disappointed when we walked into the room and for a second thought it was just a normal room! The only difference was at the end of the room was a small added on area with the tub. I am not sure if this was the case in every room, but we also feared using any items (slippers, coffee etc.) because of the high charges! There was a basket of food items on the desk and a price list for everything in the room. The bathrobes available for use with the tub were worn, thin and peeling, but they were listed at $95 each if we chose to take them! The room was clean, but showed small signs of age and wear. I would certainly stay here again, but would NOT spend the extra $40 for the "junior suite". Just not worth the extra. We did really like that the casino and hotel are separate so you don't have to go through the smokey casino to get to your room.

However, the Casino was awesome! My husband and I played the entire night with $10 and ended up leaving after winning $217 on a bonus penny machine! Fun!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Not much in the town, but the Eureka Casino houses a great buffet for the price.
Not your usual buffet (Friday night) since it offers lobster tail, king crab
legs, prime rib, salmon, pasta station, and quite a few other entrees for
$16.99. Normal price is $18.99 but you save $2.00 when you get the free players
club cards. Takes about 5 minutes to get them. We stopped on the way home from
St. George UT to Laughlin NV. Even if you're not normally into buffets, this
great value is worth a look (and taste). Our table was cleared of dirty dishes
as soon as they were empty. By the way, unlimited lobster tails (small but
tasty). Also, frustrated at the razor thin cuts of prime rib? Not here, just
request a thicker cut and they'll do it for you!

2  Thank whopper65
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The room looked great, but the bed was from hell. Harder than anything I've experienced in a third world country, old sheets and two grooves in the queen. Didn't sleep all night but there were very nice when I checked out two days early. Next time, I'm driving to Las Vegas or St. George

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo