“Spectacular but...”

Wolf Creek Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Mesquite
More attraction details
Owner description: With spectacular views from every hole and lush fairways, this 18-hole golf course plays at 7,018 yards at par 72.
Beverly Hills
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spectacular but...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Amazing layout in the arroyos but some of the holes were badly planned and the greens were unacceptable. Just go for the crazy views.

Montreal
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Must for Golfing in Mesquite”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

WOW WOW WOW oh did I say WOW !!!!!! Between my wife & I we lost 12 balls played
10 over our normal but was worth every penny. A unique layout course, mostly elevated
tee offs with unbelievable views. Yes difficult course to score well but not too difficult
to play. Right from hole 1 you are playing with your mouth open in Ahhhh of this course.
Truly one of the most pleasant and memorable courses we have played. Even though it is
a little pricy you must play it at least once.
Play it, enjoy it, take picture!!!!!!! And forget the score

Roseville, California
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Dramatic and beautiful golf course”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've player golf in many country's including all over California and Nevada. Wolf Creek is the most dramatic course I have ever been on! Great condition, terrific design..a must play course!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank CU4NO
New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been going to Vegas every October for many years to meet friends from across the country. We play golf almost everyday, and Wolf Creek was my favorite course, despite the 90 minute drive from Vegas. I've played Wolf Creek almost every year for about 10 years.

Problems started 2 years ago. When we arrived in 2010, they had cancelled our tee times by mistake. They were able to get us on the course, but we felt rushed and did not have a chance to go to the driving range or practice greens prior to the round. Last year, we noticed the condition of the course was not as good as before, but still enjoyed the round.

This year was very disappointing. A week prior to the round, I called to confirm our tee time, and they did not mention that there was a problem. When we got to the course, they told us the green fees were reduced from $175 to $125 because the greens were in bad condition. I am not an expert golfer, and do not demand lightning fast greens, but the Wolf Creek greens were unplayable. They were extremely slow and bumpy, to a point where we were regularly 3-putting despite giving club-length gimmes. And the conditions of the fairways and tee boxes were worse than the prior year.

What made me most upset was that I was not informed of the problem when I made my initial reservations and when I called to confirm the reservations. As far as I can remember, a golf course would tell me if there was a problem (aerated greens, temporary greens, etc.) when I call to make reservations. Perhaps I was the only person not informed (an honest mistake?) as the golf course was nearly empty. The only good thing was that there were not too many people around to hear our screams while putting on the horrible greens.

1 Thank nyoperafans
Murrieta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a "wow" course. Just breathtaking. And more of a challenge than the course rating would suggest. There are some issues right not with repairing areas damaged by recent rain but still stunning all the same. And don't skip a meal in the clubhouse. The food and service is excellent.