“Stay here because it was the only large hotel”

CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Vancouver, BC
“Stay here because it was the only large hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Arrive here on sunday night in extreme heat the valet attendants were fast and professional, the Hotel is dated but clean and has the pulse of the city.

The Casino is dated as well but the table limits are low enough you can play for hours and still have money left

The steak house was very tasty and we did most of dinning in the coffee shop which also was good value.

Room Tip: room close to elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MSHotelManager, Manager at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

On a drive from Las Vegas to Zion National Park we decided to check out this hotel in the small town of Mesquite . Not only a hotel but a casino as well. Check in was a breeze and the room was inexpensive and very clean. Excellent bedding, very comfortable and all the comforts. TV, refrigerator. Above average soaps and shampoos. We immediately checked out the pool and found it to be clean and comfortable with a fun slide suitable for children and adults. There are two restaurants. The quickie restaurant was just ok, nothing special. The food was mediocre but fine for a quick sandwich. Breakfast was much nicer the following morning. We stayed only one night so we didn't check out the alternate, higher class restaurant. They do have an Elvis impersonator who was quite good and entertaining. I really didn't check out the casino so I couldn't say what they had to offer other than slots. For the money I thought the room was excellent.

Room Tip: I stayed on the same level as the casino. I liked the convenience, especially to the pool and wasn...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Trish O for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you soon.
Grand Prairie, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We found the staff friendly, however the rooms are very dated. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The air condition was loud, adding to our difficulty to get a good nights sleep. Smoking is permitted in the casino, so be prepared. We valeted our car, but only one person was working in the morning, so if you have an early tee time, go extra early.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Kevin T for writing a review.

Travelers are raving about these Mesquite hotels

Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The town of Mesquite is clean and beautiful. Casablanca is delightful. A casino, bar, lovely, clean rooms, fabulous pool, staff is welcoming and happy to see you. Dinner was decent, but the evening floor manager in the restaurant (not cafe) was a bit of a nightmare. She wanted to seat me in a room off to the side, which was void of anyone in there to obviously spread around the patrons so all waitstaff had diners. I get that, but I did not want that location and asked to sit at a two top table in the main area. The hostess said she would have to ask the manager and the manager said, "no". I still insisted, so the young woman hostess agreed and gave me a menu. Well, I sat for a great del of time without service. Finally, when I got up and asked to speak with someone about getting someone to wait on me, the waitperson I asked apologized, but said she could not help me. There is no doubt in my mind that that was my punishment for not following the floor managers directive that I sit in the empty room off the main dining area. Not a doubt.
Too bad, because the rest of my stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Spa as in pool, which is large, clean and beautiful with a huge rock formation waterfall, a slide, p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
las vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

we live in las vegas nv about 80 miles north of us we always receive in the mail almost monthly to come over and stay for free for up to 4 nights. My brother also receives the same mailer; so we went last month. the outside looks great.....than came the room we stayed in room 11111 first the tv was almost as old as me by far no flat screen, second the furniture/décor must have been in the room when it first opened very very dated than no refrigerator called the desk (because I am diabetic and need my insulin in a refrigerator; the desk informed me no refigerators are alvailable the bed was hard and who knows how that matress is You would think that the fairly new owners would have taken care of business. but I guess we all know where their piorities are. even for free we would not stay their again... ashame on the new owners.....

Room Tip: just don't stay in room 11111.....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kriglv
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at the CasaBlanca! Enjoyed the pool both days were stayed, and as always, it's well maintained and fun to be there. The casino area is very nice, and has great air ventilation. A lot of people smoke there, but I didn't smell like an ashtray just walking through. A relief for a non-smoker.
I have also reviewed two restaurants there: The Mesa Buffet, which is still listed as the CasaBlanca Smorgasbord, and the River Cafe.

Room Tip: We like the pool facing rooms due to the greenery around the pool. From the outer view rooms, you ca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Come back soon.
Sun City, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Casablanca was a real challenge from start to finish. We did an overnighter and, from the start it was one issue after another. First of all, we stood in the check-in line for nearly a half-hour while
one person worked the entire counter. Then, when we went back to our vehicle for our stuff, we
soon discovered that it was quite a stroll from the car to the lobby and no ramps until nearly at the valet area. We must have walked for 15 minutes from the time we got our luggage to when we finally got to our room! And, according to the maid, that route was our ONLY option! The room was nice and comfortable, so no issue there. Later, when we were ready to have dinner, I
looked for the buffet - no luck there - only on the weekends. So, after a thorough search, we were left with one option - the dining room - unless we wanted to go "high-end". We stood in
line for nearly another half-hour waiting for a table while the VIP card people came and went.
The service and the food were very good, but it was so busy (understandably) that it took a while for our food to arrive. It was good. The next morning we made the trek back to the lobby and,
yes, stood in line while one person handled check-outs. After another hike to the car, we left
more tired than when we arrived. If you don't mind these issues, then Casablanca would serve
you well. You'd certainly get plenty of exercise!

Room Tip: If you have any physical limitations, I'd ask lots of questions before coming here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple